• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | October 2014

Sekai

This month so good for me with Senran Kagura, Freedom Wars and Citizens of Earth!

First ToTP also! Frozen Synapse is good, try it guys.

VLiberty

Full list of Vita releases;

Natural Doctrine - October 3rd (EU)
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed - October 10th (EU)
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus - October 14th (NA) / 15th (EU)
Samurai Warriors 4 - October 21st (NA) / 24th (EU)
Freedom Wars - October 28th (NA) / 29th (EU)
Minecraft - October (NA/EU)
PIX the CAT - October (NA/EU)
Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror - October (NA/EU)
Race the Sun - October (NA/EU)
Run, Sackboy, Run! - October (NA/EU)

Also Futuridium, which should release today

bobohoro

Will be getting Shinovi Versus. Akiba's Trip is a maybe. And Samurai Warriors 4 if i manage to get a good deal on a PS4 around here, considering pre-ordering the Anime Edition regardless.

Sarcasm

And the PSNGaf spradsheet now requires me to log in, wasn't like this some hours ago. :/

I will state this again.

I had to lock it down because of trolls.

Until I can make a new doc that has only comment not edit with do down it is staying locked.

People started trolling so I locked down the list to I can get home and find a better way.

For people who want to be on the list just pm your psn name, region, if you have Ps+ and systems. I will add to existing doc and if a new doc or needed I will add all existing to new one.

I tried the demo of the first Invizimals Vita game on the EU store and kind of liked it. For something that seems so generic it's actually pretty unique (with the AR stuff).

Haven't seen anything from the sequel, is it different in some way?

Also Futuridium, which should release today

homer-doh.gif

Merci.

Imouto

Banned
Senran Kagura and Freedom Wars, Super Heroes Generation on Vita, Samurai Warriors 4 on PS4 and Civilization Beyond Earth on PC. Kinda ouch.

Now if that Monster Monpiece is on sale...I think I'll need to cut down some spending this month.

bobohoro

Asking again: is Suikoden worth it?

Depends on how fond you are of classic JRPGs. Suikoden is pretty old and technically dated, releasing a year ahead of FFVII, so don't expect fancy graphics or intuitive menus, but it's a great game for the story, the character gathering and castle building and it has some interesting battles. I don't know how well it plays without nostalgia, but I'd say to just go for it, wether it ends up being fun for you or not, at least you can say you saw some videogame history.

fedexpeon

Banned
Dang, I don't have enough time to play any of these games that I preordered.

Driveclub
Samurai Warriors 4
Lords of the Fallen
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Freedom Wars
Tears to Tiara II

bobawesome

So many hours wasted this week playing SAO. I guess I'm just waiting for something better to come along like Senran Kagura.

Senran kagura and maybe (hopefully) the evil within for me this month.

Picked up a ps4 yesterday and d/led all my plus games. It's nice have stuff to play when you get a console even if you. Never bought a game.

deadfolk

Dammit! Already spent October's gaming budget
and more

Akiba's Trip and Shinovi Versus are going to have to wait until...

Hmm...

November's game is Sunset Overdrive and December is GTAV. I guess I have to hope that Sunset Overdrive sucks.

Novocaine

So now it's coming closer to the other side, can any US people give impressions on Akiba's Trip? I kind of want it still, but I'm a little hesitant to drop money on it because of the average review scores.

So now it's coming closer to the other side, can any US people give impressions on Akiba's Trip? I kind of want it still, but I'm a little hesitant to drop money on it because of the average review scores.
It's a fun and extremely silly beat 'em up with some light RPG and dating sim elements. The gameplay is a bit rough around the edges, but still very addicting. Lots of content. Equal opportunity fanservice. Excellent localization and English voice acting. Very replayable.

The biggest issues are the slowdown and the slightly buggy programming. Nothing that can't be worked around, but it has a few annoying problems.

Overall I really enjoyed it.

It's a surface encounter of Akihabara.

The story is forgettable but funny, the gameplay is light and easily mastered (though gets harder with difficulty), the clothing and upgrades are plenty and the game map is Akihabara accurate. My only complaint is the length, but even that is remedied by the open world nature, new game+ mode and variety of waifu to pick from.

• If you're looking for an open world beat em up with a funny story and some fanservice (or at least aren't offended by its use), - buy the game!
  • If you're looking for depth (of story or gameplay), extensive combat options or seriousness - this one's not for you.

Card Boy

Banned
I'm salty as fuck Uncharted Fight for Fortune hasn't got a PS3/PS4 release. The PS4 has ZERO TCG's, it seems like easy money for Sony plus you can make it cross play.

Novocaine

It's a fun and extremely silly beat 'em up with some light RPG and dating sim elements. The gameplay is a bit rough around the edges, but still very addicting. Lots of content. Equal opportunity fanservice. Excellent localization and English voice acting. Very replayable.

The biggest issues are the slowdown and the slightly buggy programming. Nothing that can't be worked around, but it has a few annoying problems.

Overall I really enjoyed it.

It's a surface encounter of Akihabara.

The story is forgettable but funny, the gameplay is light and easily mastered (though gets harder with difficulty), the clothing and upgrades are plenty and the game map is Akihabara accurate. My only complaint is the length, but even that is remedied by the open world nature, new game+ mode and variety of waifu to pick from.

• If you're looking for an open world beat em up with a funny story and some fanservice (or at least aren't offended by its use), - buy the game!
  • If you're looking for depth (of story or gameplay), extensive combat options or seriousness - this one's not for you.

Thanks guys. It does sound like something I would be into. I think I'll go ahead and grab it. Length isn't a major issue for me, in fact short is probably better. And I need something that's dumb and silly fun.

RK128

Great :D, the new thread is up :). While it is a shame the Wall of Shame isn't up yet (really wondering how much I posted; wondering if College had any impact on the amount of posts I made XD) I can't wait for the rest of October :).

I mean, between my backlog of games to get through and the PS+ games of the month being announced (I hope?) today, this is going to be a great month for the Vita :).

Can't believe a month flew buy so fast, I swear the summer months felt longer.....

Still, got really far in SAO:HF and played a number of my other games (Chrono Trigger and Velocity X2), so that was nice :).

That new thread smell. This month will be pretty bland for me, but that also means I'll be able to spend more time here. Last month Danganronpa consumed all of my time.

Still no date for the PS4 release of Akiba's Trip in the UK/Europe right? Will have to import that one come November methinks.

I wonder what sparked publishers into pushing for PS1 games after seemed like a couple years lull.

Now if somebody can yell at Square-Enix to get SaGa Frontier up on here, I'll be a very happy boy.

OG Namco Museums are works of art though, I still have my discs, so I don't know if I need to rebuy for portability, but it's tempting.

No sale announced for EU yet?

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...station-store/?emcid=social_20141001_32636106
The vita stuff:
PS Vita

BreakQuest: Extra Evolution PRO EDITION
Was £5.79/€6.99/$10.45, now £2.49/€2.99/$4.55
10% additional PS Plus discount

Doctor Who : The Eternity Clock
Was £7.99/€9.99/$14.95, now £3.99/€4.99/$7.55

Farming Simulator
Was £6.49/€7.99, now £2.49/€2.99

Fort Defense North Menace