• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | October 2014

Sarcasm

If you need to change ANYTHING just PM me. It is done this way because trolls ruin everything..can't have nice things.

maouvin

If you need to change ANYTHING just PM me. It is done this way because trolls ruin everything..can't have nice things.

Ok, done! But the bullet list to choose consoles only allows to pick one option (at least when I did it). I'll send you a PM to update my consoles.

Also, TIL GMT was replaced by UTC. Or something like that.

wilflare

Yep.

---

I asked on the blog about the dlc and: "The DLC is not included but still available. It’s basically the same thing as on PS3. However there might be a bundle with a discount but I haven’t any details right now."

Wooo. My Tweet bore fruit!

You bet it did!

would be nice if the devs could come out and say, hey thanks for the #SoldnerXVita tweets! lol but who am I kidding

lukiluk

Ok, look what I found.

New Poland avatar skull flag.
15225039810_78a8248de7_o.png

Good job, Sony!

Depends on how fond you are of classic JRPGs. Suikoden is pretty old and technically dated, releasing a year ahead of FFVII, so don't expect fancy graphics or intuitive menus, but it's a great game for the story, the character gathering and castle building and it has some interesting battles. I don't know how well it plays without nostalgia, but I'd say to just go for it, wether it ends up being fun for you or not, at least you can say you saw some videogame history.

I'm just not into slow battles and grinding. As long as I can keep away from those, I'm in!
Thanks for the impressions =]

Cc23830

Entering PS Plus:
8th October: Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
8th / 10th October: DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition (PS4)
8th October: Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4)
8th October: Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3)
8th October: Pix the Cat (PS Vita/PS4 Cross Buy)
8th October: Rainbow Moon (PS Vita/PS3 Cross Buy)
8th October: Spelunky (PS4/PS3/PS Vita Cross Buy)
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...-elysian-tale/?emcid=social_20141001_32654276

Can't help but feel underwhelmed. I know I'm probably in the minority but I'm "meh" the last couple of months

SerTapTap

Pix looks interesting. Any reason to play Dust on PS4 over PC? I have it but have barely touched it on PC. I won't play with those compressed character portraits the game defaults to for some awful reason--I assume PS4 version uses uncompressed instead?

What a shitty month.

Having to wait one week more for these games?

Edit: Probably just because Driveclub is this month... then im asking myself if its worth it to release a fucking demo for PS+.

autoduelist

Yeah... PS+ is a bit of a letdown for me this month. Isn't Rainbow Moon heavy on in-game purchases?

Nothing actually needed. There are some 'kinda nice to haves' but you'll easily do without. Specifically, as you level up characters you up their potential stat maximums, but to actually raise stats you need pearls which you get from killing enemies. You can also buy pearls with cash... but since you don't need to actually raise all stats for characters and can focus on the key ones, you have enough anyway.

So apparently Natural Doctrine sucks.

Not just sucks, but sucks.

Mine arrives tomorrow. I can't wait. The Siliconera and RPGamer reviews make me very happy with my purchase -- it sounds like a somewhat complicated SRPG, which is exactly what I wanted it to be. Games like that don't review well, ever. Moves 'chain' and it looks like good play causes lots of combos, so turns end up looking like football plays... I'm definitely okay with that.

I want this to be a huge success
it won't be
because we need more localizations.

Nothing actually needed. There are some 'kinda nice to haves' but you'll easily do without. Specifically, as you level up characters you up their potential stat maximums, but to actually raise stats you need pearls which you get from killing enemies. You can also buy pearls with cash... but since you don't need to actually raise all stats for characters and can focus on the key ones, you have enough anyway.

That makes me feel a little better about it. How's the story though?

What a shitty month.

Having to wait one week more for these games?

Edit: Probably just because Driveclub is this month... then im asking myself if its worth it to release a fucking demo for PS+.

10 cars a full country of tracks , all game modes and a platinum trophy is not a demo.

I think Sony should put Knack on PS+ so we can see the reaction of people "Loving" The selection because it is a AAA game.

SerTapTap

10 cars a full country of tracks , all game modes and a platinum trophy is not a demo.

I think Sony should put Knack on PS+ so we can see the reaction of people "Loving" The selection because it is a AAA game.

I honestly hope they throw it on there just so (maybe, probably not) the bitching subsides a bit

Benedict

I find it depressing seeing all the stupid crappy shithead avatars we have here in EU and yet never ever will see a single Capcom one.

T-34 minutes...

Compare it to a demo. Tell me what demo has that many tracks/cars and all game modes & a platinum trophy?

Its like comparing Gran Torismo 5 Prologue to Gran Torismo 5.

And seriously... are we really having an argument about that just because it has a Platinum Trophy?

dralla

Aw yiss, Spelunky. After playing Rogue Legacy a ton I'm excited to try out Spelunky. I've always heard good things. And Driveclub. Good month for me. These are from the EU blog, but it'll be the same games in NA, right?

Its like comparing Gran Torismo 5 Prologue to Gran Torismo 5.

And seriously... are we really having an argument about that just because it has a Platinum Trophy?

I am not paying $40 for Driveclub PS+ edition though.

Its funny the amount of money i would have needed to spend to buy Prologue i can buy the full version of Driveclub with it!

Aw yiss, Spelunky. After playing Rogue Legacy a ton I'm excited to try out Spelunky. I've always heard good things. And Driveclub. Good month for me. These are from the EU blog, but it'll be the same games in NA, right?

Ah you should love it. Especially if you liked Rogue Legacy. Two of my most played games on my Vita and PC.

ChrisD

The PS+ threads are always so hard to read. I know people want different things, but Spelunky, Rainbow Moon and DriveClub are "throwaway" games now? What are these people playing and how high is the amazing quality?

delSai

Bloodborne Alpha. Xenoverse Network Test. Great Ps+ Lineup. Today was a good day
besides the fact that im ill ._.

Top Bottom