• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game of the Year 2014

I've played a bit of Binding of Isaac but it's just not for me. I don't like how it controls and I'm not keen on the art style either.

I'll try and give it another chance at some point though.

I'll say Velocity 2X though I still haven't beaten it yet. I don't like how you have to have a certain amount of XP to unlock the later levels.

Didn't click for me either.

I'll say Pix The Cat. But there's tonnes of games I've not even touched yet.
edit: Ignoring Spelunky as I already owned that.

DorkyMohr

Banned
Bummed to see Doki-Doki Universe only mentioned as "worst" for people. It's nowhere near the top of my list but it was a cute & light game. The personality tests were great.

repeater

I've only played through a small fraction of those games. PS Plus is a fantastic/terrible perpetual backlog generator.

If I had to choose a PS+ GOTY, it would have to be Velocity 2X. A fantastic game which iterated and improved upon its already great predecessor in every way and then some. To get this game on release day as part of my subscription almost made me feel guilty. (Yes I bought all the DLC).

Runner-up: Towerfall Ascension. It's one of my favorite local multiplayer games of all time. Though I usually play it on the PC as I've got more controllers for that.

Dambrosi

Banned
US PS+: Dragon's Crown PS3 (EU didn't get cross-play)

EU PS+: The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth (Vita), Puppeteer (PS3)

Runners up: Muramasa Rebirth, TxK, Soul Sacrifice, Hotline Miami, Dust: An Elysian Tail

Damn, Vita had a good year. Here's to its last next.

Tetra-9

Velocity 2x.

Runner up being Stick it to the Man. I was feeling super sick and intended to play for 15 min and take a nap but ended up finishing the game 6 hours later.

Chris R

Steamworld Dig for me. Most of the other titles I've either played on other systems or bought when they came out.

I'd probably say BoI:R if I put more time into it.

Xeteh

Steamworld Dig for me. Most of the other titles I've either played on other systems or bought when they came out.

I'd probably say BoI:R if I put more time into it.

Steamworld is pretty awesome but Spelunky is GOTY every year.

PS: Go Avs!

Duster

Bummed to see Doki-Doki Universe only mentioned as "worst" for people. It's nowhere near the top of my list but it was a cute & light game. The personality tests were great.

It seemed charming and I wanted to like it but technically it was a mess, it took ages to load, stuttered for a while and then crashed completely. Then did the same thing again.
(Vita version, wouldn't want to play it on anything other than a handheld)

ghibli99

Biggest surprise that I would have otherwise ignored:
Thomas Was Alone - Went in expecting one thing, but came away from it totally impressed with its simplicity and beautiful narrative. The commentary enhances it further, and I ended up buying the DLC afterwards.

Game I would have bought anyway:
Velocity 2X - Still getting my feet wet, but this is definitely my kind of game.

Biggest letdown:
Titan Attacks! - I was looking forward to this, but it wasn't much fun at all IMO.

hbkdx12

Rebirth by far even with the broken trophies. The pure randomness of the game is unmatched

Followed by Don't Starve (even though i refuse to play the game properly and i suck at it)

Steamworld Dig is great too

A lot of the AAA offerings i already had before they showed up on PS+ but most are still great fun either way

Top Bottom