• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store - 06/05/12 - E3 week

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I was hoping to get Infamous 2 out of this whole PS+ deal, so this works for me. I've heard a lot of good things about Hard Corps too. The rest are games I either own or don't want, but I only spent 18 bucks so whatever.

Goldrusher

So 12 games for the US and 10 for EU. Nice work SCEE.
How come SCEA subscribers get 12 games and we only get 10?

It’s true, SCEA get two more games than SCEE subscribers up front.
However, most titles in SCEA Plus will stick around for 16 weeks before being refreshed – in SCEE we keep games for a maximum of 12 weeks, which means we rotate through more games in a full year – in fact we are committed to delivering over 45 games to you as part of your subscription before June 2013, and that’s before we factor in any extra minis or PS one titles that might show up. Additionally, any ‘PlayStation®Plus Presents’ games will be extra to the standard game rotation.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/05/heads-up-playstation-plus-update-6th-june-2012/

You’re getting 10 games up front and from next month, 3 of those games will change, and you’ll get at least 3 games per month thereafter.

eznark

Banned
So...what are the ps+ changes that I get to take advantage of? Why were people pushing for signing up last week?

jiggles

Banned
"None of our games are up for longer than 12 weeks, that's why there's two less"

"Three of our 10 games are going to be there for 52 weeks."

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Other way around. Ps+ will not have the dlc.

Er-That's what I said?

I was hoping to get Infamous 2 out of this whole PS+ deal, so this works for me. I've heard a lot of good things about Hard Corps too. The rest are games I either own or don't want, but I only spent 18 bucks so whatever.

What. Your ass better be playing Final Showdown, then after you 100% it's easy achievements you buy it for $15. >:|

Jucksalbe

Banned
So...what are the ps+ changes that I get to take advantage of? Why were people pushing for signing up last week?

More games, more "bigger games" (they're mostly dropping free PSX and PS2 games in exchange for more PS3 and PSN games).

naib

I like EU's list better as well. But I'll shut up and d/l VF5:FS when it hits.
Perfect time to be broke.

eznark

Banned
More games, more "bigger games" (they're mostly dropping free PSX and PS2 games in exchange for more PS3 and PSN games).

Brilliant move. This pretty much ensures I will buy every title on PC from now on and just wait on first party stuff. If I'm going to eventually get it for free, why buy it at launch?

kassatsu

Banned
I think he's there without a media pass though, so he's tagging along with Glenn (Torgo) from PSNation.

I had a media pass last year. This year they were being super dumb about it. We get far more traffic then what they want.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Any idea when it'll be up this week? I'm headed home in about 3 hours and I'd like to start downloading stuff in the background while I'm doing other stuff. :)

Also, they should give us 1st-day-adopters of PS+ a spot at the front of the download line. ;D

jvm

Gamasutra.
Booted PS3, slid across the XMB to the network services column, and I could swear there was some PS+ logo that showed up and then vanished. Anyone else seen something like that before?

Opening store now, to refresh....

mmm those free PS+ games.
Booted PS3, slid across the XMB to the network services column, and I could swear there was some PS+ logo that showed up and then vanished. Anyone else seen something like that before?

Only happens to me when I'm signing in.

Cudder

Yeah I think that shows when you're not signed in yet.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

I think it appears if you're not a Plus member, for membership registration.

jvm

Gamasutra.
mmm those free PS+ games.

Only happens to me when I'm signing in.

Yeah I think that shows when you're not signed in yet.

I think it appears if you're not a Plus member, for membership registration.
Ah, thanks guys. Weird I've never seen it before. *shrug*

If Infamous 2 shows up as free for PS+ users, does that mean it's already marked down? Or is that the free 60-minute trial? Can't be sure... found it by searching store instead of through menus.

Edit: Just went to full game trial menu in PS+ section ... looks like a different item. Tempted to pull the trigger and see if it's really the full game for free right now. Get ahead of all you schmucks... ;)

Ah, thanks guys. Weird I've never seen it before. *shrug*

If Infamous 2 shows up as free for PS+ users, does that mean it's already marked down? Or is that the free 60-minute trial? Can't be sure... found it by searching store instead of through menus.

Edit: Just went to full game trial menu in PS+ section ... looks like a different item. Tempted to pull the trigger and see if it's really the full game for free right now. Get ahead of all you schmucks... ;)

Looks like they have the free full versions up now. I just checked Saints Row 2, and it was also free. The 60 minute trial was next to it, so I'm assuming it's the real deal.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Does this mean I can go ahead and get it?
WiS0s.jpg

Straxus

The free full games do not have "60 Minute Trial" in title. (Although, I do not know if you instantly unlock full copy)

PSN digital copy uses same Trophy list as hard copy right, not separate? I want to retire my infamous 2.

Top Bottom