• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store - 06/05/12 - E3 week

Infamous 2- 14gb
Ratchet- 14gb
Saints Row 2- 7.7gb
Warhammer- 6gb
Just Cause 2- 7.4gb
Virtua Fighter- 2gb
Sideway New York- 1.7gb
Lara Croft- 2.3gb
Choplifter HD- 1.5gb
Hard Corps Uprising- 1.3gb
Zombie Apocalypse- 1.2gb

Yeah... I think I'll download VF first.

VVVV You're Canadian, you're the one who's supposed to make us laugh. :mad:

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
For anyone downloading the majority of the games: please post when you start and then again when you finish. I want a nice laugh.

Seventy5

Infamous 2- 14gb
Ratchet- 14gb
Saints Row 2- 7.7gb
Warhammer- 6gb
Just Cause 2- 7.4gb
Virtua Fighter- 2gb
Sideway New York- 1.7gb
Lara Croft- 2.3gb
Choplifter HD- 1.5gb
Hard Corps Uprising- 1.3gb
Zombie Apocalypse- 1.2gb

I don't know what little big planet is, couldn't find it.

4.7Gb I think. It's under 5Gb.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
For anyone downloading the majority of the games: please post when you start and then again when you finish. I want a nice laugh.
Started Warhammer at 5:31.. 23% now.

I'm only getting like 6 of the games, but I expect it to be all done before midnight.

Derrick01

Banned

I'm downloading them all except infamous 2 and saints row 2, so I'll probably save about 14 hours there between the two of them.

I started downloading Ratchet when I posted in this thread about how big it was, so around 5pm. It's now 5:36 and I'm just about to hit the 2gb mark out of 14. That's just game 1 out of 10.

Yup...

Foxix Von

FUUUUUU something weird happened and I must have missed the "download all" option.

Time to do this one at a time haha

*cries*

anddo0

will do. I have a fast connection and PSN has never been slow for me. I'm downloading about 7 titles, Saints Row being the biggest. I estimate being done by no later than 11.

kswiston

I'm downloading them all except infamous 2 and saints row 2, so I'll probably save about 14 hours there between the two of them.

I started downloading Ratchet when I posted in this thread about how big it was, so around 5pm. It's now 5:36 and I'm just about to hit the 2gb mark out of 14. That's just game 1 out of 10.

Yup...

Any reason why PSN downloads so slow? I don't have the fastest connection in the world, but Mortal Kombat took about 7-8 hours for 10GB. On Steam, I could download that in 1.5-2 hours.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Any reason why PSN downloads so slow? I don't have the fastest connection in the world, but Mortal Kombat took about 7-8 hours for 10GB. On Steam, I could download that in 1.5-2 hours.

I don't think anyone has any idea. I read this all the time here but I download like lightning on PSN. Always have. Seems like the poster above does too. No idea why some people get slow speeds.. must be a combination of isp/location.

angelfly

I have them all on queue and JC2 is currently at 46%. Getting about 1.5MB/s. I really wish Sony wouldn't throttle the download speed as my normal speed is around 5MB/s.

Foxix Von

deal, starting now. At 2:41 pm, june 5th, 2012.

See you in a few months. The only game I'm not counting is kaleidoscope and saints row. Queuing everything now.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I don't think anyone has any idea. I read this all the time I hear but I download like lightning on PSN. Always have. Seems like the poster above does too. No idea why some people get slow speeds.. must be a combination of isp/location.

Yeah, I'm at 2MB/s right now. It's downloading quite quickly.

Im downloading them all except for Lara croft. Just queued them all up.

Thinking from now to installed will be the weekend lol.

Derrick01

Banned

No idea, actually PSN seems to be going blazing fast for me compared to normal.

If it stays on its current pace of 2gb every half hour then Ratchet should be done in 3.5-4 hours, which is about 4 hours shorter than it took me to download the Infamous 2 trial which is also 14gb.

chessnut

I'm downloading R&C at about 1 Mb/2 sec...if the speed stays the same, I should finish in a little less than 8 hours, lol.

Withnail

If you're using Wifi then turn off the option for media sharing (it's called something like search for media servers) because it hogs bandwidth. Otherwise you are one of the unlucky ones who seems to suffer because of some weird router or ISP incompatibility. Contrary to popular opinion, PSN content is not hosted by Sony but by Akamai who are a professional hosting company and do not have substandard equipment!

Ponn

Banned
See now this is a test for the new PS Plus subscribers. Do you buy any of the Sly Cooper games at a discount or do you wait for Sly 2 and 3 to go free for PS plus members?

Europe! Why do you get Darksiders? I could've saved $20. I knew before I was born I should've chosen to be born in the UK.

Anywayz: The only one in NA that I even think I'll play is Infamous 2. But I'll look at videos of them all. Really liked the first Inafmous so I can't wait totry the second one out!

Eusis

Damn, makes me want to upgrade my PS3 hard drive later. Does backing up back up everything now like PS1/2 saves, or is it still dumb and skips those?

And wow, looking through my saves I can't believe some of the stuff they lock. Alice, Silent Hill Downpour, the Cursed Crusade demo? For every Dark Souls where it makes sense from a gameplay design perspective there's like 10 that are arbitrary bullshit.

Coop

If you're using Wifi then turn off the option for media sharing (it's called something like search for media servers) because it hogs bandwidth. Otherwise you are one of the unlucky ones who seems to suffer because of some weird router or ISP incompatibility. Contrary to popular opinion, PSN content is not hosted by Sony but by Akamai who are a professional hosting company and do not have substandard equipment!

Wow this worked. a lot faster now thanks

How odd, my download speed goes up when I'm not playing a game...

Going at about 2/3mbps, while I was playing FF it was about 1mb every 3 seconds.

angelfly

Damn, makes me want to upgrade my PS3 hard drive later. Does backing up back up everything now like PS1/2 saves, or is it still dumb?

And wow, looking through my saves I can't believe some of the stuff they lock. Alice, Silent Hill Downpour, the Cursed Crusade demo? For every Dark Souls where it makes sense from a gameplay design perspective there's like 10 that are arbitrary bullshit.

Using the built in backup tool will backup everything including locked saves.

Seventy5

Nice, VF5 took about 10 minutes, installing
and making a sandwich
now and I will play that while the rest download. Can't believe I'm downloading 10 free games, 5 of which I really wanted to have anyway.

Poyunch

I am currently downloading inFamous 2. Running of this dorm wifi it's estimated at 20 hours.

It is 2:51 PM here in California. I will quote this tomorrow.

Eusis

Using the built in backup tool will backup everything including locked saves.
I know it'd back up locked saves (but not to a new system, though cloud saves fix that), I just wanted to make sure if PS1 and 2 saves were backed up. I know they transfer to a new system, so I'm hoping for the best.

Of course, I'd also need a middle man, but I'm probably long overdue for a good external hard drive for backing up. Might have an acceptable one laying around though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Feels good man

pjJwB.jpg

I'd say to make sure your system auto- off is set to "off" also, as I don't believe that the ps3 will continue downloads while it's turned off like the 360 does.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'd say to make sure your system auto- off is set to "off" also, as I don't believe that the ps3 will continue downloads while it's turned off like the 360 does.

Why do this? Just download, turn off system within PS3 and have it auto shut down after downloads are complete.

kswiston

Where is this option? Is it the Media Server Connection toggle under Internet Settings or something else?

anddo0

See now this is a test for the new PS Plus subscribers. Do you buy any of the Sly Cooper games at a discount or do you wait for Sly 2 and 3 to go free for PS plus members?

I'm tempted to get them. My nephew and I just finished Sly 1 (free from PS+). I'm looking forward to Sly 4. The $4.99 price tag to own them forever isn't that bad. Decisions.

Foxix Von

Whoa holy crap. I had no idea about this but it works. Thanks for the heads up! This is awesome, feels like I just hit 88mph.

Top Bottom