• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 06/11/13 - X-COM (US+), SR:The Third (US+), E3 week. Soz EU!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kass is away so my reign of terror happens again on y'all. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*cough cough*

>>Insert Brazil Banner Here<<
xYT0r.png

FAQ

A big one is:

*American accent*: "WHY ISN'T <parameter: game> ON THE STORE! IT'S TUESDAY! WTF!?"

Answer: This has been a redundant question for seven (7) years now. Grace Chen never updates at a set-time and you will learn to stay pressed like the rest of us until she blesses us with her presence. Deal.

Another big one is:

"OMG I WANT MY RENTAL STORE TITLES FROM THE RENTAL STORE BUT THEY AREN'T THERE WTF?"

Answer: Grace Chen puts up ONE or two rental titles (AKA: "Instant Game Collection") for the month up per week. If it isn't this week, it may be next week. Or the week after. Stay pressed or deal. We don't care.

- upcoming games: www.psnstores.com/upcoming
- us store sneak peek: PSN + PSM

- to access the store of country X, you need an account of country X
(use this guide to create a Japanese account) (New Japanese Store guide)

- most PSP games and minis can also be played on Vita (compatibility list here)
- PSone games & minis can be played on both PS3 and PSP. Some PSone games now work on Vita.
- NeoGeo Station titles can be played on both PS3 and PSP, but must be purchased separately

- below, only demos and games are listed; for smaller dlc, videos, avatars, themes, etc. check the links​

Store Status

US: Normal Update Time: Tuesday DEALWI:THIT AM/PM GCT
EU: Normal Update Time: Wednesday @ 1700 CET
JP: Normal Update Time: M,T,W,Th @ 1900 PST
HK: Normal Update Time: M,T,W,Th @ 2200 PST

us.png
UP!

Demos

&#9658; PS3
&#9675; Squeeling Vocaloid personified Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F

&#9658; Vita
&#9675; Flying Hamster HD

Games

&#9658; PS3
&#9675; Final Fantasy XIII-2 (13-2) $19.99
&#9675; fAliens: Colonial Marines
&#9675; JuggleTekken: DeRevolution (You really shouldn't play this but if you must...) Freemium - 1.9GB
&#9675; The Last Of Us RELEASES 6/14 at 3AM EST/12AM PST

&#9658; PSN
&#9675; Thing to note for Battlefield 3 players that don't own this already: Close Quarters Expansion is Free for a short-while (I think until the end of the month?) on the PSN store. Go grab it if you want some guns and meh maps.

&#9658; Vita
&#9675; Flying Hamster HD $3.99

&#9658; PS2
&#9675; Contra: Shattered Soldier $9.99
&#9675; Pirates: Legend of the Black Buccaneer $9.99

&#9658; Bundles

&#9675; Nada from what I'm seeing.

&#9658; PS+ notes for people that care
&#9675; Machinarium is the rental title this week. No1currs about it, so: Saints Row: The Third should be next week and Virtue's Last Reward the week after.
&#9675; Sony is doing a sale Check the blog for all the stuff. Though there is some DLC that may be on sale (King of Fighters '13's Iori Proper and "NEST Kyo" are on sale it seems?)
&#9675; Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (PSP fighting game) is removed from the rental store next store update. If you want it, grab it NAO.

&#9658; Sales
&#9675; See above. Some DLC is on sale. Some is reduced to free (EA online passes) due to relaxing policies. Or promotions (Close Quarters/Battlefield 3's E3 celebration)... check the store and see if you find anything you wanted on sale.

eu.png
NOT UP!
/!\ Some content not available in every region.

Demos
&#9658; Vita
&#9675;

&#9658; PS3
&#9675;

Games

&#9658; PS3
&#9675;

jp.png
NOT UP YET!

Games

&#9658; PS3
&#9675;

&#9658; Vita
&#9675;​

hk.png
NOT UP YET!

Demos

&#9658; Vita
?
Games

&#9658; Vita
?
&#9658; Mini
?

TheSeks

Well, nothing "Kass recommended" in terms of games to put up in the thread title this week. So you get stuck with two US + games being offered. Deal.

(Also since EU is getting the same three 12-month titles, just imagine I put EU+ there. Otherwise no1currs about y'all, E3 week bitches!)

Tizoc

OK uh
1- Why is this in Community?
2- Why is this 2 days early? Usually the thread is up on Tuesday.

TheSeks

OK uh
1- Why is this in Community?
2- Why is this 2 days early? Usually the thread is up on Tuesday.

I completely failed at posting the new thread in Gaming. Trust me, I already know the shame.

And because I need to make sure it's up so I don't forget before everyone goes OMG WHERE IS NEW THREAD and Kass is gonna be at E3 anyway.

boingball

Wow, this thread is early. Want to spoil us while Kas is getting a free Xbone (if he gets up early enough)?

The Blogcast teased some surprises for this week. Hope it is something else besides E3 trailers.

Luckily I have not bought XCom until now, so one game for me to download (I own UC3 and LBPK already).

TheSeks

miku demo this week right? kinda excited just because of the sheer unexpectedness of it

Right. Tuesday for the US, Wednesday for Europe.
Who is going to wait a day for a demo in Europe? Get an American account and download it a day early. lol?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Seks,

The generation is ending. When is PJ Dungeons coming out?

It's been a wild ride and I hope Sony knocks this out of the park.

What I always wanted them to do was to surprise all the plus subscribers during e3 with something big and exclusive like I thought they were going to do last year.

Something like 'and if you're a PS plus subscriber, you can download our beta for gaikai right now to try the on floor demos'. Or just have the demos there for plus users...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Kassatsu should start putting up direct store links to the PSN online store web page. Would make things a lot easier so we get shortcuts to the store.

TheSeks

Kassatsu should start putting up direct store links to the PSN online store web page. Would make things a lot easier so we get shortcuts to the store.

To be honest, it's a bit of work. Changing regions (UK, HK, Japan) when you're in another (US) and Sony auto-detects it can be a little bothersome. I did it to be "different." I dunno how many people use it but...

Hey Seks,

The generation is ending. When is PJ Dungeons coming out?

They're partnered with Square-Enidos. When Square relases FF Versus 13 is the same day you get that. ;)

It's been a wild ride and I hope Sony knocks this out of the park.

What I always wanted them to do was to surprise all the plus subscribers during e3 with something big and exclusive like I thought they were going to do last year.

Something like 'and if you're a PS plus subscriber, you can download our beta for gaikai right now to try the on floor demos'. Or just have the demos there for plus users...

I doubt Gaiki is ready for the "prime-time" esp. with the bandwith issues the US has. Honestly a neater surprise would be something like Suikoden 2 PSX being put up on the store unannounced until Tretton mentions it in the conference like they did FF7. Pleasant surprise there.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Posting in epic thread.

Also no1currs. Where iz my banner Braziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil?

Am I doing it right?

XIII-2 July PS+?

possible. there's dlc and the game is really cheap at this point and square has been pretty positive about PS+. And they've said they were trying to get RPGs

also where is the confirmation on saints row. I thought it was just the 3 games this week?

Why would anyone get that when the HD version is announced? Seems odd.

Also, shouldn't you put Tekken F2P in the thread title.

13-2 not 10-2

possible. there's dlc and the game is really cheap at this point and square has been pretty positive about PS+. And they've said they were trying to get RPGs

also where is the confirmation on saints row. I thought it was just the 3 games this week?

Especially considering XV might be announced by tomorrow night..

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
da fuck seks. Just PS+ shit in the thread title? At least mention the Hatsune Miku demo or even Tekken Revolution. I don't even think Saints Row has been confirmed for this week

Tizoc

To be honest, it's a bit of work. Changing regions (UK, HK, Japan) when you're in another (US) and Sony auto-detects it can be a little bothersome. I did it to be "different." I dunno how many people use it but...

Linking to the other webstores requires a little...editing ;)
US Webstore: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us
UK Webstore: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb
Canada(?) Webstore: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ca/home/games

Notice how next to en is the region code, if you know the code for your region, you can access said store. FYI that en stands for English, obviously, but some stores aren't in English, so one would need to find the right characters to quickly switch to the store they want to go to.

Note that each browser can only access 1 store at a time, so if you're on US store and want to go to UK or another region's store, close the tab, change the code at the end and you're there.
Ah I should mention: Log off your PSN account on the webstore to access another region's webstore.

That's how I do it at least =p

graywolf323

XIII had a ton of pre-rendered cutscenes, so it'd be fucking enormous. Hopefully if they do release it on PSN, they'd refrain from compressing the cutscenes to hell like they did with the 360 version.

I wouldn't be shocked for it to clock in around 30-40GB but it wouldn't be alone in that size range on PSN

Isn't Uncharted 3 like 2 thousand GB too?

~30GB without the 3D movies and ~42 with them I believe

Why would anyone get that when the HD version is announced? Seems odd.

Also, shouldn't you put Tekken F2P in the thread title.

to be fair The Last of Us should be in the title before Tekken F2P

TheSeks

Linking to the other webstores requires a little...editing ;)
US Webstore: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us
UK Webstore: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb
Canada(?) Webstore: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ca/home/games

Notice how next to en is the region code, if you know the code for your region, you can access said store. FYI that en stands for English, obviously, but some stores aren't in English, so one would need to find the right characters to quickly switch to the store they want to go to.

Note that each browser can only access 1 store at a time, so if you're on US store and want to go to UK or another region's store, close the tab, change the code at the end and you're there.
Ah I should mention: Log off your PSN account on the webstore to access another region's webstore.

That's how I do it at least =p

Yeah but linking to the stores region content is the problem. Individual content of the same item has a different "code" like the different retail game-disc code (BLUS, BLES, BLJS) on the webstore. Which is the "hassle" if you're linking individual items like I do.

da fuck seks. Just PS+ shit in the thread title? At least mention the Hatsune Miku demo or even Tekken Revolution. I don't even think Saints Row has been confirmed for this week

Hatsune is too weeaboo, even for me. Juggle wasn't announced at the time the thread was made. (Okay it was, but I doubt that's going to light the world on fire) Saints Row is pretty confirmed if it follows the "three weeks PS3 items, one handheld" schedule SCEA has been doing since November.

As for FFXIII: Yeah, I'm thinking the cutscenes are the problem. Uncharted 3's case was textures and the subtitles/audio(?) of like fifteen languages even in the US release. The free to play version drops like 20-30 gigs alone and drops even more if you don't download the extra languages.

Wow, even the Gamepro dude isn't excited for this week. Hopefully it's just E3 surprises coming out of the woodwork they haven't announced otherwise my rental stuff holds true. :p

TheSeks

Saints Row is pretty confirmed if it follows the "three weeks PS3 items, one handheld" schedule SCEA has been doing since November.

Okay, so I was wrong. Indie no one cares about is the rental title this week instead of Saints Row which is weird because they generally go by 1-2-3 on the PS3 titles in the monthly images.

Whatever. I'll get a title change tonight maybe.

TheSeks

Update is up!

...various EA DLC are now free it seems...what in the fuck?

E3 celebration in the case of BF's Close Quarters pack. I dunno about the others, but probably the same promotion.

I'll get around to updating this when GAF's servers are more stable. Can't ever know when the damn thing will stay up for more than five minutes.

TheSeks

There, US is updated. I got work in the afternoon for Europe so if GAF is up someone post a EU blog link and I'll do it later that night.

Store links should work even though I stripped the PS Blog's referring links out. I'm a little lazy right now to go through them all and get the GB/MB sizes but the prices and links work.

TheSeks

Tomb Raider @ $20 is tempting. Got Unfinished Swan and Sound shapes for now. Might just wait on a steam sale for TR.

TR is a good sale for how long it's been released and especially for PSN digital. But yeah, I think the smarter move would be to wait for a Steam sale. Steam sale would be like... $5 or $10 in general wouldn't it?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
TLOU is going live at 3AM EST?!

Oh you gotta be kidding me. I was going to stay awake and start the download at midnight.

Eusis

TR is a good sale for how long it's been released and especially for PSN digital. But yeah, I think the smarter move would be to wait for a Steam sale. Steam sale would be like... $5 or $10 in general wouldn't it?
Yeah, I think I'd just get on Steam, then get it for free on Plus if it ever shows up there. Seems likely, SE's been pretty good about offering free games. And that's all of SE, we've had FFT and FFV for free too.

Top Bottom