• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 06/18/13 - D&D | Storm | Giana Sisters | Jak Collection Vita

AdamMPSP

I was ranting a couple of weeks ago about this meme dynamic themes. Turns out they're "officialy licensed"! How do you even license such a thing? Do you have to track down the original creator of the image? (specially in case of the rage faces).

Yeah, you can track down the original source of a lot of the memes, but a lot more of them live in a legal grey area where no one is credited with the original image, and so it's fair-use until someone proves they own it.

thumb

Banned
There is no reason for Giana Sisters to have such an inconsistent frame rate. Also spotting some tearing. Come on people.

RE_Player

The one time the store updates early and I miss the Tomb Raider Plus deal. Shouldn't have put it off to the last minute. Weak update in my opinion but I already have the Jak collection on PS3 and don't play on re-buying it.

Wait! A surprise release of Epic Mickey 2????

And more important: no physical release????? NOooooooo

Edited: seems that Europe/Australia are getting a retail version. Import here I go....

kassatsu

Banned
Indian TV APP

T2M7NLx.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh come on Kass, you can't say that and not tell us if it's on the US store or not.

Forever a junior and don't know where else to ask this so sorry if off-topic.

I'm trading in a couple of things at Gamestop and I'm getting around $300 for everything. Using this to get prepared for the PS4 (which I have reserved elsewhere). So I can use it to pay off a launch game and a dual shock and keep the rest of the credit there OR I can use the credit to pick up a Vita with Persona 4....

Trying really hard not to pick up the Vita because yes, I'll play it BUT I also just love buying shiny shit all the time. The reasonable thing to do is to just use the credit for PS4 stuff....
So I dunno guys, worth picking up the Vita atm? Vita with PS+ just seems like such a great deal right now.

Markadias

Banned

I'm trading in a couple of things at Gamestop and I'm getting around $300 for everything. Using this to get prepared for the PS4 (which I have reserved elsewhere). So I can use it to pay off a launch game and a dual shock and keep the rest of the credit there OR I can use the credit to pick up a Vita with Persona 4....

Trying really hard not to pick up the Vita because yes, I'll play it BUT I also just love buying shiny shit all the time. The reasonable thing to do is to just use the credit for PS4 stuff....
So I dunno guys, worth picking up the Vita atm? Vita with PS+ just seems like such a great deal right now.

Persona 4: Golden is one of the best RPGs I've ever played. I totally understand it's a "port" but don't let that fool you... I'd totally recommend getting a Vita for that alone, but there are other great titles... Plus think of the remote play with PS4! Gonna be great :)

Edit: Also PS+ sweetens the deal as well... As you pointed out.

Wait for a price drop in the holiday.

DiscoJer

I dunno how much they are going for at Gamestop, but used Vitas are pretty cheap on Craig's list, ebay, and Amazon and the like. $160 or so.

I certainly wouldn't pay $250 for one, especially as they seem to go on sale at various places frequently.. There might not be an official price drop for a while (probably not until Killzone comes out), but I have to imagine there will be huge Black Friday deals (there were last year)

Wait! A surprise release of Epic Mickey 2????

And more important: no physical release????? NOooooooo

Edited: seems that Europe/Australia are getting a retail version. Import here I go....

Where are you importing from? Only place I can find is Zavvi, and £35 is even harder to take than $30 for it on the PSN.

TEJ

Its better. Also branching paths + two games in one.

I mean it's not like Golden Axe was completely original. You have ahnuld conan and red sonya with rowan atkinson.

Anyway, I wasn't sold on the giana sisters until I tried the demo. It's fun and a beautiful looking game, only at 15 bucks.

I'm thinking of buying it along with the dungeons and dragons beat em ups.

i hear the giana sisters game gets really difficult. Is it the kind if where you die, it's your fault or is it hard because of poor game design?

TheSeks

Found them:

PS3 version : https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-kit/cid=UP9000-BCUS98245_00-LBPDLCORIGLK0007

Vita version : https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-kit/cid=UP9000-PCSA00017_00-LBPDLCORIGLK0007

They finally got rid of the PS+ free offer for Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves. That was free for PS+ members since December 2010.

I still don't see those in the PSN store itself. Your weblink works but given this is a limited time thing and some people may NOT use the webstore or check here they need to fix this.

I still don't see those in the PSN store itself. Your weblink works but given this is a limited time thing and some people may NOT use the webstore or check here they need to fix this.

The 1-week-only free downloads for the LBP games are all like that. None of them show up in New Releases because they were released in years past, then hidden away. The publish date on the PS3 version of Summer Seasonal Creator Kit was June 26 of last year, not today. The Vita version doesn't even have a publish date. That's why they are hard to find and aren't showing up under New Releases.

TheSeks

Then it sounds like they need to fix the way content is displayed in the non-webstores.

dgco86

Speaking of the webstore, I've been unable to sign in for a few weeks now. I've tried different browsers, different internet connections (home, work and mobile). After entering my login details, the top right portion of the screen just shows the loading animation and says "Signing in".

I don't think there's an issue with my account as far as I can tell. I can buy stuff on the PSN store without any issues. Downloading free content (e.g. PS+ free games and demos) gets stuck at the loading animation for a few minutes (not exaggerating here). I usually get around that by quitting the store once the animation pops up and downloading from my Download List.

Does anyone know if I can do anything about these issues? I'm based in Singapore with a US PSN account if that matters. My EU and Singapore accounts seem to be working fine on the webstore, and I'm still having the same issues even with a US proxy and a US VPN.

Top Bottom