• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/23/09 – Shatter

ravien56

Speevy said:
Mario is the developer of Shatter, and if you can't be asked to read down a few posts in the thread, don't ask what the game is.
Well my fucking bad. I didn't know "few" meant read down half the page with everyone saying OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR SHATTER. I read down probably 20 posts, before I decided to post this.

punkypine

does shatter have any multiplayer component?

also, have they announced how much Trine PSN will cost? (edit: nvm, 20 dollars)
i hope that has a demo

ravien56

punkypine said:

also, have they announced how much Trine PSN will cost? (edit: nvm, 20 dollars)
i hope that has a demo
I think they're saying $20 for Trine.

Lain

Big B said:
Will Shatter's soundtrack be made available somewhere down the line? I've only heard snippits so far but I want it!

I hope we will be able to listen to the songs GripShift style: from inside the game with the designated option.
That would be pretty cool.

Lain

ravien56 said:
Well my fucking bad. I didn't know "few" meant read down half the page with everyone saying OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR SHATTER. I read down probably 20 posts, before I decided to post this.

If only had you gone down to the 28th post, you would have found my links to videos and neogaf thread with lots of info and opinions plus more links to previews and videos =/

jett

D-Member
Tried out the RetroGrade PC demo...the concept is pretty cool. I can definitely see it being easier to play with a guitar. :p It's like a GH game where you have to mind where your fingers are even when there are no notes to play. Only thing the game is missing is a stronger aesthetic/presentation.

retrograde-screens-20090720010608901.jpg

retrograde-screens-20090720010611979.jpg

retrograde-screens-20090720010614963.jpg

retrograde-screens-20090720010617635.jpg

retrograde-screens-20090720010620760.jpg

retrograde-screens-20090720010623213.jpg

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/021/021766/imgs_1.html

Agent X

Gold Member
Leatherface said:
Not so sure about Shatter. I watched a Youtube of the gameplay and it basically Arkanoid with some innovations and boss fights. Meh.

Damn those innovations, always mucking up the status quo!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
highluxury said:
Seeing Retro/Grade & Shatter makes me actually wonder if we'll see a Jonathan Mak game on PSN again.
He hasn't posted in his own forums for a year now. Not sure what happened to that guy.

Jos

Big B said:
Will Shatter's soundtrack be made available somewhere down the line? I've only heard snippits so far but I want it!

We are working on getting the soundtrack up on the various music portals at the moment - just finishing off the album art right now :D It takes time to process on their end, so unfortunately, it might not be available for a couple more weeks yet.

A lot of love went into the soundtrack, so its great to see positive reactions across the board.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
TTP said:
Is there going to be at least a video Preview? I mean the streaming one viewable from within the Store.

And just for curiosity, is it possible for you to shed some light about how that Preview function works from a developers-to-service-provider standpoint? I mean, is it free? Is it easy to add such a thing?

We are still working out all that stuff, but we do have a trailer going up next week.

punkypine said:

Outside of friends support for leaderboards, no.

If it is highly requested then we may look at patching it in or offering via DLC.

Works really well and is nice and cleanly displayed.
You can compare with any friend on or offline, and the default is to only show the games you've both played, which is nice.
Another nice thing is in your trophy section, on selecting a game you can view a leaderboard showing you and all your friends who have played that game.

Nice! :D

How much was Ultimate Team before? And how do you buy it, just play the 5 free games?
£3.99 sounds a good deal.

Can't wait for Shatter!
I love that even will the innovations and boss battles, at it's core it's still very classic like break-out or akanoid. Awesome

Lain

Jos said:
We are working on getting the soundtrack up on the various music portals at the moment - just finishing off the album art right now :D It takes time to process on their end, so unfortunately, it might not be available for a couple more weeks yet.

A lot of love went into the soundtrack, so its great to see positive reactions across the board.

Will it also be available through PSN purchase, kinda like we were able to purchase the soundtracks of pixeljunk monster?

Jos

Lain said:
Will it also be available through PSN purchase, kinda like we were able to purchase the soundtracks of pixeljunk monster?

We will eventually get it up on the PSN store, but initially the focus is to release on itunes, amazon, Rhapsody etc. We are also planning to have a BandCamp up which will allow you to embed the soundtrack on social networks as well.

We are also looking into doing a small physical release, potentially packaged with a little concept art booklet or some behind the scenes material, but need to gauge the public appetite first.

Crisis

Banned
I am posting to say that on Thursday I am buying Shatter at the minimum. Here's hoping the update is as good as it looks.

Lain

Jos said:
We will eventually get it up on the PSN store, but initially the focus is to release on itunes, amazon, Rhapsody etc. We are also planning to have a BandCamp up which will allow you to embed the soundtrack on social networks as well.

We are also looking into doing a small physical release, potentially packaged with a little concept art booklet or some behind the scenes material, but need to gauge the public appetite first.

Nice on the first, AWESOME on the second (even if it is only a possibility at the moment).
I really hope the public will want it, because I love my physical media and would be happier to buy it over a digital release =p

jvm

Gamasutra.
I'm still playing Savage Moon and Pursuit Force, but I also intend to buy Shatter.

Also still waiting for Sony to drop a big fat bomb of UMD Legacy games...

mrwilt

What Shatter needs is a spinner controller. The control looks a little hectic when using the stick or directional pad.

chubigans said:
He hasn't posted in his own forums for a year now. Not sure what happened to that guy.
i literally just had beers with him. he is cooking up something special. in jon mak you should all trust.

thats all i can say without jon not liking me anymore.

schick85

Cromulent_Word said:
i literally just had beers with him. he is cooking up something special. in jon mak you should all trust.

thats all i can say without jon not liking me anymore.
Is he working on another shmup?
Please tell us more.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
the new Sidhe logo rocks, btw

Thanks. Pretty happy with how the corporate makeover turned out.

We updated the Shatter website today at www.shattergame.com We added a couple more new screenshots and have the menu music from the game playing in the background for those who want more of a taste for the soundtrack.

We'll be adding more content as the week progresses including a Behind The Scenes movie which hopefully makes an appearance by Friday.

Lain

Mario said:
We updated the Shatter website today at www.shattergame.com We added a couple more new screenshots and have the menu music from the game playing in the background for those who want more of a taste for the soundtrack.

I find myself sounding like a broken record, but the music in this game is amazing. To think that that is just the menu music.
I really can't wait for the PSN update. I want this game.

Will definetly be getting crystal defenders as it looks interesting, nothing else announced yet really grabs me unless the usa gets resident evil 2 or 3....

There definitely will be a demo on PSN! Currently, there is a demo of a build made several months back available for PC: http://www.retrogradegame.com/demo/RetroGradeIGFDemoInstaller.exe

The game has improved quite a bit since then, but it’ll give you a taste of what the game is like. Unfortunately, since we are targeting the advanced hardware of the PS3, you need a newer graphics card to run the demo (Shader model 2.0a or later)

Thanks for your interest!

NICE! Anyone downloaded this?

Also on steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/29110/

What I wanna know is that can i use both Guitar Hero and Rock Band controller?
EDIT: OK he said that the ywill try to support all the controllers.

Wipeout and Killzone DLC in one week = <3! :) I downloaded the last Killzone maps and never really played them, so plan on buying these ones and spending some more time with the game. More Wipeout is always great too.

BeeDog

Posted yet? Lemmings to get trophies according to our dear instigator nofi :p:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/07/21/lemmings-to-get-trophies/

One of the very first PSN titles, Lemmings, is getting an upgrade, according to Cohort Studios who have been “contracted by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe to add E-Commerce and trophies” to the game, according to their site. We presume E-Commerce means downloadable content, so look out for new levels alongside those all-important Trophies.

No further details are available, but we’ll get in touch with the studio to see if we can find out any more.

nofi

BeeDog said:
Posted yet? Lemmings to get trophies according to our dear instigator nofi :p:

Ugh, I used 'according' twice.

Interesting though, I wonder if any other old PSN games will get the magic touch?

Top Bottom