• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/24/08

panda21

GeoramA said:
Just keep playing. It takes a few minutes to fully understand the controls, especially the jumping and the swinging.

i understand the controls they just seem a bit weird, its not very elegant and the fact you have to be landed on something to swing kind of sucks.

BeeDog

panda21 said:
i understand the controls they just seem a bit weird, its not very elegant and the fact you have to be landed on something to swing kind of sucks.

I disagree, if you could "grapple hook" to places, it would defeat the purpose of actually making the flowers grow.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Actually that looks amazing.

Pimpwerx

vercity82 said:
Is it me or did # Rocketmen: Axis of Evil get pulled as its not on my PSN anywhere?
It was never in the game listings. It's under demos. You dload the demo and then purchase the full game from the in-game store. $5 ain't bad. In retrospect, I'm gonna say that Rocketman is better than Commando3. It may not control as well, but I sure feel like there's actually some purpose to what I'm doing. In C3, it was just rampaging across the countryside. PEACE.

_leech_ said:
I think Eden's fantastic, but I still hate playing by the clock.
Yeah. The third time in the first garden, I fell like three times and burned out the clock too much. The pressure got to me. :/

Bearillusion said:
Buy Pain everyone. I've had an absolute blast unlocking the in game trophies. In game trophies not XMB trophies.

Back to my original question, will trophies be added for free or will they be part of a paid add-on?

rc213

WiiRevolution1 said:
You gotta complete the Crash Course 1st. It teaches you how to break stuff :D

Ahhhhhhh, Thank you.

+ Love the that it has custom soundtrack feature.

Oldschool Techno + Pain = <3

Dante

_leech_ said:
Back to my original question, will trophies be added for free or will they be part of a paid add-on?

They haven't been too generous with the dlc, It wouldn't surprise me if they charged for it. Trophy's would actually give this game more of a purpose, I know it has its own trophy's, but those aren't quite the same.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
_leech_ said:

there will be a free update that comes out with the paid DLC/new area. The free update will include trophy support as well as a couple of other things like online multiplayer.

sholmes

Neo Member
Pimpwerx said:
Decided to grab 1942 too. Tappy tap tap tapperoo. So much for complaining. :lol PEACE.

How is it? I used to love this type of game back in the day. In particular, is it fun for people who will only be playing solo (no 2nd player)?

sholmes

Neo Member
Metalmurphy said:
Is it just me or is the Eden demo pretty huge? oO Already got kinda tired of it :lol

It is a solid demo in terms of how much you get to play. Definitely not like Heavenly Sword. :D

I think this game, just like PixelJunk Monsters, is best described as charming. The music, again just like PixelJunk Monsters, is excellent. I think they said they'll be releasing the score over PSN.

siarraweb

i want to buy all games from that summer sale , but... how do i put money on the usa account? european here..

i have a VISA, but it's always saying that the bill adress is wrong..

any ideas? i heard something about entropay..

oh.. and are those games shareable? , i'm only buying them because its supposed to share it with 4 more friends..

when there are promotions, usually there's a catch :D

womfalcs3

Banned
Now that it's $5, I'm thinking about downloading High Stakes Poker Edition. A few questions:

- For those who have it, how do you like it?
- Is there online play?
- How healthy is the online community if there is online play?

EDIT: Meh, I made a last-second decision to go with High Velocity Bowling instead. I can play poker in real life all the time, bowling for me isn't as accessible.

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
I can't get past the training mode in Pain :lol. I can't hit the last target, the one in the middle, all the way in the back of the level. I always fall short of reaching it.

levious said:
there will be a free update that comes out with the paid DLC/new area. The free update will include trophy support as well as a couple of other things like online multiplayer.

Sounds like i'm picking up Pain :D

Mirimar

Wow, PJE is addictive and very pick up and play. I could get stuck on this for hours just trying to find all the secrets. 3/5 spectras on garden 1 and still garden 2 to go...why is this demo so fleshed out :lol

Dante

Woah, forgot to check if the Eden demo had the Youtube functionality that's in the final game.

Anyone check?

So, do we think that we'll be able to continue from where the demo left off in the full version of Pixeljunk Eden? Otherwise, I'll dabble, but wait for the full game before I have to play a huge piece again.

Flunkie

Banned
womfalcs3 said:
Now that it's $5, I'm thinking about downloading High Stakes Poker Edition. A few questions:

- For those who have it, how do you like it?
- Is there online play?
- How healthy is the online community if there is online play?

EDIT: Meh, I made a last-second decision to go with High Velocity Bowling instead. I can play poker in real life all the time, bowling for me isn't as accessible.
Impressions on bowling?

I'd like to know the questions he asked, by the way.

Dante said:
They haven't been too generous with the dlc, It wouldn't surprise me if they charged for it. Trophy's would actually give this game more of a purpose, I know it has its own trophy's, but those aren't quite the same.
WHAT? They've added 3-4 new game modes and 2 new launch setups for free since it came out. The only thing they charge for are the characters and you don.t need those.
The trophies will be free and part of the patch they add when the new level comes out. The original level will have trophies and the new amusement part will have its own ones

drknite said:
I can't get past the training mode in Pain :lol. I can't hit the last target, the one in the middle, all the way in the back of the level. I always fall short of reaching it.

Push up on the left stick when in the air for extra height.

PJE is fantastic. Once the controls clicked that is.

Flunkie said:
Impressions on bowling?

I'd like to know the questions he asked, by the way.

No online. It's pretty good but Wii Bowling is probably just a little better. For $5 you can't go wrong. Pain is much better though.

Dante

HV Bowling is a blast, but the last two opponents are REALLY tough to beat, still more fun as a multi player game anyway.

Pimpwerx

1942 impressions:

As fun as I remember the original being. A massive tap-fest, but the difficulty is actually lighter on normal than the arcade. I don't remember making it far very often in the original. My whole right forearm hurts right now. I must be doing something wrong. I made it to the boss of the third level and died. Might not be worth $10, but I've spent more on worse. PEACE.

Where is Qore Episode 3?

I checked both the Store and my Download List and nothing so far. :(

I'm psyched about the post-E3 stuff, I'm sure this episode will be good.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Cold-Steel said:
Where is Qore Episode 3?

August...

Azrael

Cold-Steel said:
Where is Qore Episode 3?

Qore Episode 3 is still two weeks away.

Eden looks great, and is fun to play. I do wish i could do spidey like actions where i shoot my web onto something while in the air. That would be awesome

How is Siren? Any impressions yet? I'm tempted :D

sholmes

Neo Member
Mirimar said:
Wow, PJE is addictive and very pick up and play. I could get stuck on this for hours just trying to find all the secrets. 3/5 spectras on garden 1 and still garden 2 to go...why is this demo so fleshed out :lol

I just found Garden 3. How many gardens are there in this demo? I thought it was only supposed to be 1 and there are 15 total.

EDIT: Apparently there are 3. That must be why there's the little "1-3" above the PixelJunk logo at the bottom of the screen.

Flunkie

Banned
Azrael said:
Actually, the Medal system in the game was intentionally created so that we could easily back-tag save data so that people who buy the game when it is released and “unlock” medals, will have the trophies associated with those medals unlocked from the start. Yeah, yeah, this is probably just sneaky Producer double-speak but we wanted to set the game up so that those of you who purchase the game on launch day will make sure their hard gaming hours do not go to waste. I can say that trophies will not be available at launch but we are seeing how quickly we can get them out after launch.

Sweet!

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
No 1942 demo on PSN... Even Capcom must think it sucks. Guess they want to trick as many people into buying it as possible.

Also, everyone must try PJE. The controls felt a little odd at first but after a while it felt like second nature. I can't wait to buy this.

Top Bottom