• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/24/08

Gbeav

Banned
If you haven't got PJM yet do it now, it's so worth it.

Do people actually play poker online? I'd consider it if it was popular but I can get it for free on the computer.

Kittonwy

Banned
I buyz Siren 1-12 now rawr.
batman.gif

Kazenone

PixelJunk Eden is so confusing, what am I doing? Then again, I haven't been following it at all so I am obviously missing something. Awesome music though, on par with PJM.

PJE fucking rocks.

It's a very unique game and I wasn't sure about it at first, but it's a VERY cool platformer.

I cannot wait to download this. What a tease with the demo.

maxax

Never thought I'd buy PAIN, but for $5, whatever.
Even if it sucks, it'll be worth it for the trophies. :D

How is 1942?

BeeDog

"You know what really grinds my gears? You, America, FUCK YOU!"

Why does only the US Store get these rebates? :[

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Wow, Eden is everything I hoped it would be and more. The feeling I get from playing it is an epic culmination of Strider, Bionic Commando, and swinging around in Spider Man 2.

Pimpwerx

I'm in love with Eden. :) Awesome soundtrack. PEACE.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm getting Rocketman if it's $5 too. :D Why? I do not know. It was an awful demo.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
I have a question about the Video store, is it upadated like normal PSN every Thursday or when ever they get content available.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Pimpwerx said:
I'm in love with Eden. :) Awesome soundtrack. PEACE.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm getting Rocketman if it's $5 too. :D Why? I do not know. It was an awful demo.

Why don't you PEACE your edits

mollipen

FlyinJ said:
The thing is, I don't want to play Parappa on my tiny PSP with it's tinny speakers.

I want to blast it out of my awesome 5.1 system with the visuals upscaled through the PS3 on my 37" TV.

...and then realize that you can't play the game properly due to PS3 lag for PS1/PS2 titles. Whoops.

Seriously, though... $23 for Parappa UMD? Seriously? Nearly every store around has the game on clearance for $10 or less. $15 MAYBE. But over $20 is a joke.

Oh, and I'm picking up PAIN for $5. Why not. Anybody who doesn't currently own PixelJunk Monsters, PLEASE don't miss this great game for such an awesome price.

Gbeav

Banned
Kazenone said:
PixelJunk Eden is so confusing, what am I doing? Then again, I haven't been following it at all so I am obviously missing something. Awesome music though, on par with PJM.

Always moving up to get the the final target. Hit pods to release pollen to fill up seeds and sprout plants upward.

Eden is really, really good. The worst is when you build up a swing and try to reach something, then you fall short by what looks to be 3 cm and you fall all the way back down to the bottom.

maxax

BeeDog said:
"You know what really grinds my gears? You, America, FUCK YOU!"

Why does only the US Store get these rebates? :[
Thank god my VISA works on the US store. Have you tried entropay or something like it?
Also, why hate on America? Blame SCEE. They do a horrible job IMO.

shidoshi said:
Seriously, though... $23 for Parappa UMD? Seriously? Nearly every store around has the game on clearance for $10 or less. $15 MAYBE. But over $20 is a joke.
They do it because (I remember reading an article) some retailers are still carrying the game, and SCEA doesn't want to price lower than retailers since retailers are quite sensitive over selling your products (they are in business to sell, and if you price downloads cheaper, it could hurt their business and your relationship). I remember Eric Lempel stating this when it came to the possibility of PS2 downloads and more PSP downloads. It's just there to give people an option who prefer to not go to the store for videos and games (that's why GT5P is priced the same on PSN as retail). PS1 games can no longer be found in U.S. retailers new (or crazy hard to find), so they can price low.
maxax said:
Thank god my VISA works on the US store. Have you tried entropay or something like it?
I can't say SCEA is much better themselves because they've denied many games from coming stateside (while SCEE allows them, like I'm hearing that's the case with Battle Fantasia on PS3), and SCEA won't bring Dark Mist stateside. SCEE seems to be more open with games coming to Europe, but it just takes longer (SCEA is quick, but not so open).

Downloading Siren right now.

I played PJE. Cool game, but not getting the concept. Thankfully I tried the 1942 demo on 360 this morning (not bad). Debating whether I buy it or wait for PJE next week (I have enough in my wallet for two games, but I kind of want to buy more SingStar music and SSD HD Team Pack).

Dante

OMG Eden just brought work to a screeching halt the last half hour :lol

Pixel Junk does it again. Mesmorizing.

elseanio

maxax said:

Yeah, even little things like the E3 section having a background on the US store and not on the EU store is just fucking lazy. Not having an A-Z of eveything for Euro store is also annoying

I've been using entropy for a while now and use the US store as my default, so it aint so bad.

Anyone know if PJE demo carries over to the full game? Would be reluctant to get all the 'pods' or whatever if I have to do it again next week

FlyinJ said:
What is the deal with high velocity bowling? Is it just bowling? Minigames?

Its a full bowling game. You can unlock stuff like characters and bowling balls. You progress by winning tournamnents and doing trick shots. The bowling is done using motion controls similar to Wii Bowling except you dont twist your arm to put spin on the ball, you use the trigger buttons. Its a fun game, I really recommend it, especially for 4.99.

RedBoot

No 1942 demo? Am I really going to have to boot up my 360, play the demo there, and decide if I want to buy it on my PS3? :lol

Considering Siren as well...is it planned for a disc release in the US or not? I'd rather get the disc, if it's coming.

indie85

Banned
Eden is HARD, I feel they overdid the crystal countdown, either that or just have more crystals. I thought this was supposed to be a relaxing game!? I've already slammed my controller into some furniture for pete's sake :lol

Dante

Nothing like just missing a seed by over jumping in Eden :lol

I love launching off a co-op partner as well.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I bought all of Siren earlier. It's going to be a fun week downloading it all (512k).

Goldrusher

I don't know...

In a way, Eden is fun, it's an interesting concept... but it's also very frustrating.
And (the demo levels are) sooo dark and dull, that after a while, it becomes depressing.

Speaking of dark and dull, why are the backgrounds dark gray and not black ?

Kazenone

Gbeav said:
Always moving up to get the the final target. Hit pods to release pollen to fill up seeds and sprout plants upward.

Thanks, took a read through the How To Play section too and that helped. It was a lot more fun playing it after reading that bit. It's really hard though, is it 2-player like PJM? I couldn't get anywhere on that without help and I reckon it will be the same for this.

Greg

I highly recommend High Velocity Bowling if you have people to play it with.

Besides Resistance and Uncharted, it's probably my most played game on my PS3 - when we were all home from college, a bunch of my buddies would be playing that shit all night.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
RedBoot said:
No 1942 demo? Am I really going to have to boot up my 360, play the demo there, and decide if I want to buy it on my PS3? :lol

Considering Siren as well...is it planned for a disc release in the US or not? I'd rather get the disc, if it's coming.

I thought there was suppose to be a demo.

Oneself

Wow, Eden is awesome. The music, again, is amazing.

And it feels like a more "game-like" Fl0w, injected with awesome meets Bionic Commando and .... a spider. Will get next week.

I'm finally buying PJM tonight (yeah I still don't have it but I own the soundtrack) and probably 1942.

Gbeav

Banned
indie85 said:
Eden is HARD, I feel they overdid the crystal countdown, either that or just have more crystals. I thought this was supposed to be a relaxing game!? I've already slammed my controller into some furniture for pete's sake :lol

Grab those things that look like fetuses, it adds time and they are everywhere. Lets you screw around all over and get multiple specter thingies.

Top Bottom