• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/24/08

tanod

when is my burrito
Strider2K99 said:
Please enforce this rule hard Jim. I'm getting tired of seeing these threads bumped up with the same questions that have been answered and complaints countless times thread after thread.

I'd love to see the 25 or so people from the last three or four weeks who hadn't read the OP coming in next week and complaining about how they were banned. That would be SO awesome. :|

kuYuri

tanod said:
I'd love to see the 25 or so people from the last three or four weeks who hadn't read the OP coming in next week and complaining about how they were banned. That would be SO awesome. :|

That was then. This is now.

Oni Jazar

YES!!!!!!! SUMMER PSN SALE BABYYYYY!!!

Summer 08 Game Sale
For one week, the following titles will be offered for $4.99 (regularly priced at $9.99)

PAIN
PixelJunk Monsters
High Velocity Bowling
High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition
Rocketmen: Axis of Evil

I was waiting for Bowling to be $5 now I might get Monsters & Pain too.

Pixel Junk Eden demo tooooo

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
chubigans said:
Parappa is likely the UMD release, NOT a PS1 classic. Meaning it wont play on the PS3.

Oh you're right. It's confusing because it's listed like this:

PS1 Classics for PS3/PSP

Parappa the Rapper (UMD Legacy) ($22.99)

I'm probably one of the few people who just couldn't get into PAIN.

I paid for the game and I hate it. It's one of (few) PSN purchases I really regret.

Despite that, I'm going to whore the shit out of it for trophies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
PAIN is one of my favorite releases so far. With online it's going to be even better, but local multi has provided maybe thirty hours of gameplay or so.

Everyone who DOESN'T own PJM, BUY IT.

All the jackasses who got the game through "sharing"....FUCKING BUY IT.

Now is the time, no excuses, SUPPORT THESE DEVELOPERS.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Well, I have to say it's pretty sleazy of them to put the PSP-only re-release of Parappa up. It was a ripoff when it was put out in retail (exactly the same as Parappa and full price), and you can't play it on the PS3.

Oni Jazar

A warning for those who want Poker. It does support video chat, but it does NOT have tournaments. That was a damn shame after having the XBLA Poker game for free.

FlyinJ said:
Well, I have to say it's pretty sleazy of them to put the PSP-only re-release of Parappa up. It was a ripoff when it was in the store (exactly the same as Parappa), and you can't play it on the PS3.

Agreed. When I first checked out the update on the PlayStation.Blog, the way the header was worded made it seem like the original PSone game was released, NOT the more recent PSP release.

High Velocity Bowling and Pixel Junk Eden demo are mine! Damn, so many games, what to do, what to do.....!?

Is there a tutorial on Poker in that High Vegas thingy and is it any good? I don't understand a thing of the game, so if this'll help me a bit I might cop it.

distrbnce

Banned
So what's up with the video store? Wasn't that supposed to be updated weekly too?

Also, I bought Parappa for PSP like 2 months ago at Best Buy for $8.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
FoxhoundNL said:
High Velocity Bowling and Pixel Junk Eden demo are mine! Damn, so many games, what to do, what to do.....!?

What is the deal with high velocity bowling? Is it just bowling? Minigames?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
distrbnce said:
Also, I bought Parappa for PSP like 2 months ago at Best Buy for $8.

The thing is, I don't want to play Parappa on my tiny PSP with it's tinny speakers.

I want to blast it out of my awesome 5.1 system with the visuals upscaled through the PS3 on my 37" TV.

Zoe

Aw man, I was hoping PJR would go on sale to coincide with PJE.

distrbnce said:
Ah, really? That's cool, but they aren't going to blog about the new releases?

They didn't say anything when Xam'd 2 went up even though there was a post dedicated to the series on Tuesday.

Fady K

nofi said:
Japanese version has? Sure?

lupinko said:
Are you sure about that? I don't remember seeing English text as an option (not that it matters to me anyway). But then again I own the Japanese PSN Survival Promo version of it.

Nofi, lupinko, sorry for the mixup - it appears I have the ASIAN version actually. Though it has english TEXT and VOICES. ;)

Top Bottom