• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 08/13/09 IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

topofuji

Banned
It's too bad I'll have to wait approx. 15 hours after MVC2 drops on the US Store to be able to play it, and then only have around 5 hours to play.

Why!!!

ChackanKun said:
Actually, there should be a unified PSN Store, now that would be awesome :|
I can see why this is hard to accomplish though, with how Sony handles different regions. I really hope we'll see a more unified model next generation. I shouldn't need to have 4 or more different PSN store accounts and jump through hoops to add funds to get all of the content that's available.
PS3 is region-free (more or less), PSN should be too.
@YianGaruga: That's why it's better to get the US versions. It's way easier to get to the DLC.
I know, but with the game prices dropping weeks after release like they do in the UK, it's hard to justify buying a game for $77 CAD (50€) at VGP like I used to last generation.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Give me some fucking PS1 games Sony! :( Does SCEE thing they're getting a free ride from adding PS1 games since their American counter part is messing up even worse? NEIIIIN. The PS1 library is vast and great. Where the fuck is Soul Reaver/THPS2/Wipeout XL/Oddworld/Tomba/Symphony of the Night for example? CLASSICS! Spec Ops is not even worth a free download these days! >:I

MrDenny said:
If I have the MVC2 demo from the u.s. store will I have to redownload the game or will there just be a small unlock key?

No, if it you have the demo, you only need to download the unlock key, but sometimes you might need to reset your PS3 for it to work. I had a problem with BF1943 where the unlock key wasn't working, but a quick reset did the trick.

Cruzader said:
So SE wanted the Crystal Defenders removed since whoever played it knew it was a shit game and ended not buying it?

:lol :lol

Good move on their part, it looked and performed like an amateur product.

iapetus said:
I added the missing word. MS has no problem handling it.
That was definitely implied. I sometimes wonder if Sony's different regional departements even communicate at all. From the looks of it, they don't.

Xater

Euro store is up.

I just took a look at the Madden stuff. You have to pay 8 euro to actually play an online franchise? That's insane.

Had a couple of quick goes on mvsc2, got my arse kicked because I can't remember how to tag or do specials :lol - anyways, the netcode seemed great, no perceptable lag and thankfully there's a server list option as well as matchmaking. Crashed my PS3 when I quit though, hopefully it's not a common occurance.

_leech_ said:
Good move on their part, it looked and performed like an amateur product on the PS3.
Fixed.

The game is fine/great on the iPhone... and it plays fine on the PS3 but I wouldn't be surprised if it uses the same exact sprites as the iPhone version, blown up to 1080p. It's terrible. I don't know what they were thinking, releasing it like that for the PS3 AND having the balls to price it higher than the iPhone version.

topofuji said:
Go read IGN's review - they had an early copy of both PSN and XBLA versions.

It's like the XBLA version...but smoother. The PSN version is "the" definitive version here.
So... Backbone did a good job?

WHAT?!

topofuji

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
alright guys, MVC2 online impressions. GO!

Go read IGN's review - they had an early copy of both PSN and XBLA versions.

It's like the XBLA version...but smoother. The PSN version is "the" definitive version here.

Captain N

Xater said:
Euro store is up.

I just took a look at the Madden stuff. You have to pay 8 euro to actually play an online franchise? That's insane.

you need to buy that if you buy the game used

It was just posted on the US Playstation blog that MvC2 will have custom soundtracks. Didn't know if that was known before but it's great news to me.

The blog's getting hammered right now because they're doing another giveaway to certain post numbers. The last gift is for post 5000, so it may be down for a bit :lol

BarrenMind said:
It was just posted on the US Playstation blog that MvC2 will have custom soundtracks. Didn't know if that was known before but it's great news to me.

The blog's getting hammered right now because they're doing another giveaway to certain post numbers. The last gift is for post 5000, so it may be down for a bit :lol

I think the vinyl prize is a better deal. i mean i'm most certain that he'll be twittering some PSN and XBLA codes later.

BarrenMind said:

Will have or already has?

regarding the Call of Juarez BiB Demo:
Can developers accidentally activate those XMB features?
The demo allows me to grab nice 1920x1080 directfeed screenshots anytime I want via XMB, but when you press the button mid-gameplay, the game goes into pause-mode :lol
So besides cutscenes you can only make screenshots of the pause menu ^^ (is that the case in the full game, too?)

they are getting close to post 500. get ready to win a vinyl!

UPDATE: POSTS 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500, 4000, 4500 AND 5000 GET A VINYL! POST 5000 ALSO GETS A CODE OF THE GAME.

Oh shit. they disabled that blog post :lol.

Well, they can suck my balls if they think I'm paying £11.99 for MVC2, when the US store will have it for $14.99 (£9.05 roughly).

I'll wait 5 hours.

BlindMonkey said:
Well, they can suck my balls if they think I'm paying £11.99 for MVC2, when the US store will have it for $14.99 (£9.05 roughly).

I'll wait 5 hours.

Still 5 hours for it to be up in the US store? :|

Damnit, dunno if I can wait lol

netguy503 said:
why can't i "add my own comment" on the ps blog?

Because as always John's contest pretty much swamped the blog and they had to close the post as a result.

UPDATE: Your friend John D has officially overloaded the PSB servers with his gigantic comment contest. In response, we have temporarily disabled comments for this post. Please do not continuously refresh the page. But fear not…the contest lives on! The first 10 people to message John Diamonon at PSN ID: HIERO9D3 with their name and address get a free vinyl!

ChackanKun said:
Will have or already has?

Sorry that's a mistake with my phrasing, I only said "will have" because the US store isn't updated yet. The post says "we decided to implement in-game XMB music", so I expect it to be included as soon as the game's available.

BarrenMind said:
Sorry that's a mistake with my phrasing, I only said ";will have" because the US store isn't updated yet. The post says "we decided to implement in-game XMB music", so I expect it to be included as soon as the game's available.

Very very good!

DMPrince said:
I think the vinyl prize is a better deal. i mean i'm most certain that he'll be twittering some PSN and XBLA codes later.

Definitely. It's awesome to see some Living Legends on there, it's been too long since I've listened to anything by Eligh.

spats

Got the RFG: Demons of the Badlands DLC and the Call of Juarez demo. Can't wait to get back to wrecking stuff.

Spy

DMPrince said:
What twitter account do codes usually get posted on? Capcom_Unity?

BeeDog

Just tried the Call Of Juarez demo. I've played the PC version at my friend's house (good stuff, AWESOME graphics), but JESUS CHRIST the PS3 version tears like a bitch. Haven't seen this much tearing, uh, ever I think. o_O Is the 360 version similar or better?

Massa

Cruzader said:
Good job guys, now theres less chance we get to win stuff.

Meh. Last time there was one of these I was the winner for a brief period of time and a few hours later the blog messed up the post numbers, so I became #1001 instead of 1000. The guy who won with number 1000 was also the winner with another number, so there could have been something fishy on his part.

I was surprised they decided to do one of these again, what's the point of hammering the PS Blog?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Massa said:
Meh. Last time there was one of these I was the winner for a brief period of time and a few hours later the blog messed up the post numbers, so I became #1001 instead of 1000. The guy who won with number 1000 was also the winner with another number, so there could have been something fishy on his part.

I was surprised they decided to do one of these again, what's the point of hammering the PS Blog?

Alexa rankings?

panda21

hey i noticed there is an input lag option in mvc2 that lets you switch between high and low, presumably to let you get used to online lag. it defaults to high.

Cruzader

Banned
Massa said:

Im talking about the Capcom twitter. Although they have alot of followers, GAF lurkers are plenty so DJ posting the link aint helping.

Top Bottom