• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/25/08 - Tanod's catch up week

Erebus

TTP said:
Wipeout is broken. Freezes at menu. No ingame XMB available. Have to turn it off. Good job SCEE.

Man, that's a joke considering how much they delayed the game in the first place. They tested the game for epilepsy seizures but they didn't test if it actually works on PS3s. :lol

Well done Sony, you always find a way to piss off your consumers.

ibu

Steroyd said:
A PES trailer ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?

Absolute fucking joke... Konami can fuck off with this intro shit. I want to see convincing gameplay and a stable game engine not some stupid ass intro sequence that reflects on the game sweet FA, after the abomination of the last two "next gen" efforts... I don't want to get shat on again... demo or no buy !!!

*gets money ready for FIFA 09 instead.

Darkpen said:
fuck off, old man. I was there for the NES, but I didn't sign up for gameplay that demands ADD-refined childhood in-the-house-all-summer gameplay skills. I played the shit out of Megaman Zero, and I own Megaman PoweredUp, but this is just fucking bullshit.

You go and try to get past that second elephant, just try.

I got him after 2 tries :D

Well, at first he shots a ball that bounces 2 times, jump over it after the second bounces as the ball get stuck in the end of the screen. Blast him while you can, and as the ball starts to get back in the elephants mouth jump over it, and wait for him. Then repeat that over and over until he dies. You can do it ;)

Good luck with the third one :lol

RpgN

TTP said:
SCEE. nuff said. currently redownloading everything in the "proper" order. Fingers crossed.

It's not the game's fault. Just like Pain, the game doesn't support some mp3 files. It will freeze all the time untill you delete that/those song(s) causing the trouble.

Blablurn

ok, wipeout is broken. i redownload it, installed but it does still freeze. fuck. thank you Sony. thank you for nothing.

Elios83

Blablurn said:
i got the same problem, TTP. I'm re-installing the game at the moment...

If it can help install the patch before the game, I did that way and I'm having no problem at all infact it's awesome :D :D

RpgN

Blablurn said:
ok, wipeout is broken. i redownload it, installed but it does still freeze. fuck. thank you Sony. thank you for nothing.

Read my comment above. You need to delete the songs causing this.

xero273

Blablurn said:
ok, i just de-activate my online-connections. suddenly the game works.

Another guy in wipeout thread did same thing and it worked. This means you can only play offline which sucks.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
xero273 said:
This means you can only play offline which sucks.
It may also mean that it's something that will resolve itself once they get the network backend portion running properly.

Erebus

RpgN said:
Read my comment above. You need to delete the songs causing this.

There are tons of mp3s in my PS3 HDD. You're telling me I have to delete all of them just to see if Wipeout works this way?

Also, I never had any similar problem with PAIN.

man, that sucks about burnout. it looks like i wont be getting any trophies because there is no way im starting over again. those super jumps and billboards took too long to get to do it again.

xero273

DarkUSS said:
There are tons of mp3s in my PS3 HDD. You're telling me I have to delete all of them just to see if Wipeout works this way?

Can you try what Blablurn did and see if the game works? I want to see if the internet connection is the problem.

msmma

Banned
Darkpen said:
fuck off, old man. I was there for the NES, but I didn't sign up for gameplay that demands ADD-refined childhood in-the-house-all-summer gameplay skills. I played the shit out of Megaman Zero, and I own Megaman PoweredUp, but this is just fucking bullshit.

You go and try to get past that second elephant, just try.

Rockman whore got him after 2 tries...

Again....man up wuss. Every Mega Man to date has bosses, enemies, etc....that are pattern based. I used to play the old games so much that I could get through many stages in MM1, and MM2 without even taking a hit.

If youre not man enough for MM9, thats ok.....not everyone is.

maxax

Riskbreaker23 said:
man, that sucks about burnout. it looks like i wont be getting any trophies because there is no way im starting over again. those super jumps and billboards took too long to get to do it again.
It took me about 3 hours for the trophies for the Gates, Jumps and Billboards + the D and C license and some others. That's already 42% or something. The trophies are way easier than some of the ingame awards.

RpgN

DarkUSS said:

No, not all. Just the variable bit MP3s. But Blablurn seems to have had a different problem. Try his method first. Also did you DL all the 2 files of the game? The big one (about 1 gb) and the small one to unlock the full game?

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
msmma said:
If youre not man enough for MM9, thats ok.....not everyone is.

chuck_norris.jpg

Erebus

xero273 said:
Can you try what Blablurn did and see if the game works? I want to see if the internet connection is the problem.

OK it's working fine with my internet connection disabled. It's GTA IV all over again :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Elios83 said:
If it can help install the patch before the game, I did that way and I'm having no problem at all infact it's awesome :D :D
Lucky u then. Looks like a PSN issue for some users. Logging out "fixes" the issue.

RpgN

DarkUSS said:
OK it's working fine with my internet connection disabled. It's GTA IV all over again :(

:)

Enjoy the game. It's amazing! It blows some retail/blu-ray games out of the water :lol And it has so much content. I can see myself playing with this for a long time.

Jim

After last week's mixup, it's coming this week.

D3Publisher is pleased to announce that PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system classic game Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords® is now available for download via the PlayStation®Store in North America!

PSP system owners will no longer need a UMD to play the critically-acclaimed Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords as it is now available for download via the PlayStation®Store. Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords is available for download for $14.99.

*now available is the lazy PR way of saying "when the store is updated later".

UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
The one day the PSN has games I want to buy my PS3 has to be bricked, so laaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee :/.

Huggers

Anyone else getting severely slow download speeds. I started downloading Wipeout like 3 hours ago and I'm currently on 60%. Very annoying!

Jim

Wollan said:
Pretty weird. Don't see how code would affect EU logins differently making them freeze. Is there something wrong with the SCEE servers?

This seems like a server/networking issue on SCEE's end more than a game issue (fingers crossed). So hopefully can be fixed on the server end.

xero273

Wollan said:
Pretty weird. Don't see how code would affect EU logins differently making them freeze. Is there something wrong with the SCEE servers?

I have no clue. maxax tried the same thing and it works. hmm so when store goes live for NA, we should be expecting same thing?

xero273

Wollan said:

could be too many people on friends list that is causing the freezing issue? This was brought up in the official thread.

Top Bottom