• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store Play 2014 - Rogue Legacy, The Swapper, Hohokum & CounterSpy

I loved The Swapper but it's overpriced for a game with almost no replay value. Will get Counterspy and Hohokum for sure. Not sure about Rogue Legacy.

It looks like all the preorders are up EXCEPT for PS3 Rogue Legacy...

is it safe to preorder the PS4 version for cross buy? All I want is the Vita version...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
With no XBLA this year, I guess I get to pay more attention to PLAY!

... Always wanted Rogue Legacy. Hohokum looks cool and charming, but I dunno if it'll really grab me. I thought Counterspy was fun looking from inception, looks pretty solid overall. Swapper... err.. know nothing about it, maybe I'll look into it upon release. Style didn't grab me at all, especially when surrounded by so many other, more personally-appealing games.

I just don't know if I NEED all these games, lol.

I'm... surprised it's taken this long for a Crossbuy game to charge a cheap $2 more for additional platform cost. It's not like getting the game to run on 3 systems is a freebie. Considering how often PLAY games go on sale later in the year, the discount for buying multiple games in this promo, and the PLUS preorder discount atop of that... how is ANYONE making a fuss over $16.99? There's guaranteed methods to soften the blow for anyone who has issues with it, and the game will be out on every relevant Sony console.

I wish we could have such a miniscule issue to fuss about on other consoles, lol. On Wii U, I'd be buying the same game 2 or 3 times, with no shared saves, and no chance for cross-console compatibility of any type. (I love being able to play PS3 and PSV co Op on Spelunky).

On Xbox 1, I have no interaction with Past-Gen pals when playing games released on both XBOX's. Would have had to pay for 2 full copies if I wanted to play Spartan Assault with applicable friends upon the games release.

I'm happy to pay $2 more for a game, if it means I get 3 never-expiring licenses, support for all 3 consoles on patches and stuff. and the chance to play VS people on leaderboards and such that don't even own the system(s) I might be playing on, There's so much strength and value brought about with 3 way cross buy, much exceeding $2; Even if they're features I personally might make little use of with each title. I'm happy for any solid games to get more exposure and accessibility in this way.

Zero315

Banned
Well, the prices for Rogue Legacy and The Swapper just kinda drained all hype I had for them. Cross buy or not, those prices are bullshit.

Probably grab Hohokum and wait for another sale on RL and Swapper. I'll just keep playing my $5 RL PC version until then.

Rogue legacy = insta bought. Quit whining about the price. Baffles me how people complain about games like this yet they don't say a word about $60+ games that last way less hours...

Briarios

I'm probably in for all but The Swapper ... Looks good, but just not the sort of game I'm interested in right now, especially at that price. The others seem a good deal with the pre-order discount.

About the PSN price vs. PC, that's not really a fair comparison. It's not like it just suddenly works on three new systems. They had to put it a lot of work getting the PS3, Vita, and PS4 to run the games -- then you get them on all 3 systems ... while the price may not be appropriate for you, it hardly seems unfair.

acevans2

For the people saying that cross-buy is inflating the price of these games- check out the images of previous years' promotions. In 2012, those games cost the same price as CounterSpy / Hohokum. Can you really single out the inclusion of cross-buy as the sole reason for the $2-$5 increase in cost of only 2 out of 4 of the games?

For the people saying that cross-buy is inflating the price of these games- check out the images of previous years' promotions. In 2012, those games cost the same price as CounterSpy / Hohokum. Can you really single out the inclusion of cross-buy as the sole reason for the $2-$5 increase in cost of only 2 out of 4 of the games?
Cone on this is GAF you can't logic some people

anddo0

CounterSpy is a lock.. And I might double dip on Rogue Legacy.

I was excited for Hohokum when it was announced. But now, I don't know.

I own the two PC ports (Swapper and Rouge Legacy).. RL is the better game IMO.

I got tired of The Swapper about half way through. The music and atmosphere are great, the puzzle aspect (though creative) gets dull.

15strong

For anyone complaining about pricing, it takes a lot of money and time to port games to different systems. It is unrealistic to think they are going to give it away at the discounted prices you have seen on other platforms.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Grabbed Rogue Legacy and CounterSpy. I want Hohokum and Swapper would be a great choice if I didn't already have it on Steam and wasn't so low on funds. I really wanted RL and CounterSpy though.

Pre ordered rogue legacy and swapper for now.

Will get hohokum and counter spy next week.

First time I get all 4 games in these promotions.

rezn0r

kinda wish i didn't jump on the first two on steam, i've barely touched them... will probably double dip when on sale. the second two look interesting

I've purchased Rogue Legacy like, 3 times now, so I'll skip this one.
Anyone that hasn't played it should check it out. One of the best games I've ever played.

Not in EU? Sucks!

Of course not, that would require effort and SCEE is firmly against putting any of that in. Plus, they'd find numerous ways to fuck it up because that's what they do.

Anyway, lol at the indie whining, even though this promotion has usually been indie focused every year AND two of the games aren't even indie games (Hohokum and CounterSpy are Sony funded and owned).

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
There's too many games I want and want to play. Already spent too much on games as it is. Will pick up Hohokum and CounterSpy while the other two I'll wait a bit longer since I already own them on PC and should be playing them there.

Of course not, that would require effort and SCEE is firmly against putting any of that in. Plus, they'd find numerous ways to fuck it up because that's what they do.

Anyway, lol at the indie whining, even though this promotion has usually been indie focused every year AND two of the games aren't even indie games (Hohokum and CounterSpy are Sony funded and owned).

They've put in a couple of shit downloadable games from big companies like that Expendables 2 game from Ubisoft a couple of years ago. I always pestered them to go more indie because I felt Sony needed an answer to Summer of Arcade.

Why Sony doesn't make this a global PSN thing baffles me though. They have a year to organise four games, get the whole certification done across regions and release them simultaneously. Especially as sometimes the games are Sony funded this shouldn't be a huge problem.

Tizoc

Was a little freaked out when checking the games in the store and te Vita versions didn't show up when i found the games.

netguy503

So the swapper won't be a ps plus game next month? I thought for sure that would be a lock So what will be? They have 2 slots to fill and we have no clue in either of them yet. :(

mattp

i'm worried that all these games being part of the sale means we're gonna get fucking knack for free next month lol

RE_Player

Any way to pre-order them all at once? I don't really want 4 separate charges on my card but if that's the only way I guess I have to.

stupei

Amazed by the number of people in this thread saying "it's three versions" as a justification for price increase.

Is there honestly anyone playing a game through on PS3 and then again on PS4? Outside of the Vita, crossbuy is about future proofing your purchase, as it should honestly be the case when you buy something. It's not magically three times the game value, though. That strikes me as ludicrous.

I'm probably going to buy all of these, but let's not be naive about the price increase being there to create the impression of great value for a "discount."

Any way to pre-order them all at once? I don't really want 4 separate charges on my card but if that's the only way I guess I have to.

I believe you can add them all to your cart through the PC store and purchase them at once

you cant, its weird
for some reason there is no concept of adding preorders to your cart on the ps store. it just takes you directly to checkout. kind of annoying

That is annoying...

mattp

I believe you can add them all to your cart through the PC store and purchase them at once

you cant, its weird
for some reason there is no concept of adding preorders to your cart on the ps store. it just takes you directly to checkout. kind of annoying

Top Bottom