• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store to get new look in October

Carl

Asked Fred about this on the EU blog and he said he has "nothing to say on that one!" Heh

Anyway hopefully this comes at some point soon. Web store front would be good.

Angelcurio

I just hope they put in some kind of download list sorting. I was searching through the store on this weekend to buy some Mega Man games, and discovered that i had bought them (2 and 3 from the import store) some time ago. Having to scroll through the whole download list to find some game is insane.

I want to be able to classify the games between purchased titles, demos and add-ons. Even plus freebies should be put on it.

How great would it be if we had an option to select which content appears on the store? Like say if you don't like sports games you could uncheck a box and no sports game or video content will appear. Only want PSN games and no PSP/Vita stuff? Just remove those sections entirely.

Carl

How great would it be if we had an option to select which content appears on the store? Like say if you don't like sports games you could uncheck a box and no sports game or video content will appear. Only want PSN games and no PSP/Vita stuff? Just remove those sections entirely.

Doubt they would do that. They want you to see everything so you might pick up something you wouldn't usually pick up.

I just hope it's gets somewhat less clunky, the "wait till I reload all the icons" on the PSVITA and the "I'm froze for 10 seconds" on PS3 after you purchase something it's kinda annoying.

Mikey Jr.

I wish they would add support for internet browsers. Like, I could buy a game on my computer instead of having to log onto my PS3 and go through there.

B.O.O.M

I like the way it is now really. Some minor changes to colors etc is all I want. Or maybe a store front accessible from a pc? That would be ace

Dragon

Banned
My main problem with the store is when you download/buy something and you hit circle to eventually get back to where you were, the store freezes for two or three seconds while it updates the icons. So annoying.

Carl

My main problem with the store is when you download/buy something and you hit circle to eventually get back to where you were, the store freezes for two or three seconds while it updates the icons. So annoying.

Yeah, pretty much my biggest annoyance with the Store too.

Carl

Aren't they going to need to do a FW update for this like the did the last time they changed the store?

Not really. The first time they changed it from a web based store to an app. That was why the firmware update was needed.

They could probably change the Store app without a firmware update now. Infact, i get the feeling they've changed it a bit before without a firmware update

kvn

Not really. The first time they changed it from a web based store to an app. That was why the firmware update was needed.

They could probably change the Store app without a firmware update now. Infact, i get the feeling they've changed it a bit before without a firmware update

Yeah, they've done this before without a firmware update, when they changed the design a little and added these stupid "double-click" sounds.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Whatever happened to that redesigned video store they showed off late last year, I don't know if it was out in the US but it never hit the EU, I swear they eventually the game store would use that interface.

But that was a year ago, so god knows what they have going on now, pretty sure Jeff has been going on about there being an updated Store or something for the last few months, lol.

Takao

Banned
Watch the only change be the introduction of the "Mobile" header for PlayStation Mobile games, lol.

Honestly i thought it changed already I went to the store last night and it looked different. I don't see the big deal with the PS store it works for me. It can get an upgrade but no upgrade won't kill me.

Shit, why not just make the store an XMB in and of itself? The way I'm visioning it in my mind it's pretty cool lol.

Why do we need the store to be an app? Why can't we launch straight into something that is like the store but a little less wordy?

Oh, for all the people that think there will be a redesign, there won't be one. Sony does not like changes and will go with what they have.

Hanmik

It looks like the news was fake news...

Y4YY3.jpg

or they keep the store managers in the dark..

Carl

I asked Fred the other day and he said something likr "i'm going to keep quiet on that" so clearly something happening

Twinduct

Nice! Takes a South African to ask the hard hitting questions!
Btw I honestly believe the CMs is out of the loop for most stuff. (Or part of the hype machine?!)

Btw what if they're just launching a storefront for PC instead of updating the store? Then he's just dancing around the truth!

fingers crossed for auto download in bg....

i hate how many times i have to click just to download a demo. and how each click has a good 10-20 second wait period.....

Come on sons, keep up with the Jeff_Rigby |OT|. The new look is launching next week after WebKitGTK+ 1.10 with Browser SVG launches.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Get rid of the stupid clutter. Latest/New Releases should be NEW CONTENT, not the palce where you throw EVERY FUCKING THING because that's the most visited section on the store.
through a list is pretty annoying.

Only if there was a way to sort all categories by date. I don't want to have to scour the store for content just because I missed checking it for a few weeks. They already limited how much is in New Releases which turns it into a chore to find new ish content beyond an arbitrary x days.

It looks like the news was fake news...

Y4YY3.jpg

or they keep the store managers in the dark..

SCEE is barely keeping there story running.

I was thinking that was because they put all there bug fixers on the new store set up.

If not then Jesus H Christ FIX YOUR BROKEN ASS STORE MR SONY EUROPE!

Top Bottom