• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Teases "The Reload."

Gadirok

Maybe theres going to be some huge announcements on tuesday? Maybe new PSASBR characters?

I'm officially hyped for whatever this is.

Carl

Hopefully this garners more hits than the Micheal trailer, as awesome as that campaign was.

I think they'll be happy if it gets 11.5 million hits, to be fair.

My guess is that this is a Michael-Esque advert with PSABR characters (as everyone is saying). Will probably tie in with a PSABR preorder on PSN.

Takao

Banned
Month long pre-launch marketing campaign for All-Stars. This will be a new trailer with all the roster having fun. It'll be later edited into a TV commercial. When you login to the new PlayStation Store you'll be greeted by an All-Stars splash page with this trailer automatically playing.

Carl

Month long pre-launch marketing campaign for All-Stars. This will be a new trailer with all the roster having fun. It'll be later edited into a TV commercial. When you login to the new PlayStation Store you'll be greeted by an All-Stars splash page with this trailer automatically playing.

Yup, pretty much what i'm expecting. With the preorder up on PSN too.

Hanmik

I used my CSI skills and enhanced the list on the wall..

ib0190N5xxG61a.jpg

now just use your imagination and tell me what that list is..?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
InFamous 3 with
time-traveling paradox shizzle, Kessler is alive!
Well, technicly he alway's was, but you know.

Hey, a man can dream.

Pretty much, this is what I expect.

By the way, anyone can tell who has "checked in" i.e. items on the plate?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Halo 4 trailers have, at best, 3 or 4 million hits, to put the numbers in perspective.
That's the weird thing. All I see on GAF is complaints about Sony's marketing, but when you compare likes, comments, retweets and followers on the Facebook/Twitter pages, the PlayStation brand is lightyears ahead. They have to be doing something right (worldwide).

PowderedToast

just saw the michael ad, christ that was awful pandering cheese

are standards that low these days? look at the 90's for when sony's ads were actually good.

That's the weird thing. All I see on GAF is complaints about Sony's marketing, but when you compare likes, comments, retweets and followers on the Facebook/Twitter pages, the PlayStation brand is lightyears ahead. They have to be doing something right (worldwide).

Yeah, I agree with that. The PlayStation Blog is a masterstroke, too -- but I suppose people just associate marketing with TV ads.

So this is definitely a follow-up to the Michael advert then. Hyped! I love that ad so much; it's like a fine wine that gets better with age.

"Omaha!"

large_George-W-Bush-Oct11-01-Legacy.jpg

Yeah, this has to be tied in with PASBR. I hope there's some surprises in store.

Did you see Michael on TV ads? Was it a massive marketing initiative? No, it was a web based short that gamers know but no one esle knows. It's useless or at least less effective than a couple of famous boobs playing with a trendy nintendo/apple toy

By the way

Actually, it did air on TV...I saw it a few times.

Gadirok

Vampire Cole arrives to PSASBR Day1!... only for 9,99$!

That would have been a great alternative skin for evil cole. Or special powers. But I expect alot of people would rage that cole gets so much attention, especially since he already has two characters.

I wouldn't mind that quasi-flight ability.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's obviously a Vita ad. They originally went with The Arrival but then somebody told the Twitter guy that the Vita was actually already out, so he changed it to The Reload :(

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Playstation 3 becomes Playstation 4 w/ firmware update, real Devil May Cry 5 PS4 exclusive, Gran Turismo 6 out December 15th, and Sony buys back Crash Bandicoot, reboots as first person shooter developed by Guerrilla.

Playstation 3 becomes Playstation 4 w/ firmware update, real Devil May Cry 5 PS4 exclusive, Gran Turismo 6 out December 15th, and Sony buys back Crash Bandicoot, reboots as first person shooter developed by Guerrilla.

Not impossible, they could do this by adding some kind of app which would allow cloud gaming via Gaikai they just purchased

Skidd

By the sound of it, it's only one person walking in. And how many characters are there tied to electricity? It's either Raiden or Cole, that's what I'm gonna go with...

And I guess I'll be proven totally wrong by the time this goes live :(

Carl

They wouldn't be "buying it back" they'd be buying it for the first time ;) But yeah, seems reasonable.

Top Bottom