• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Teases "The Reload."

Hanmik

Okay, that would be why i didn't know - never played a Final Fantasy game.

i2fWmHDPKOMYq.gif

Mik_Pad

Banned
Confused as to why everyone is saying it's "idiotic to tease PSASBR in this way"

People confuse me.
I think there isnt a better way to advert PSASBR, I loved the micheal ad and I always wished that was an announcement/tease for this game.

Carl

I think there isnt a better way to advert PSASBR, I loved the micheal ad and I always wished that was an announcement/tease for this game.

It amused me when someone said "Sony are idiots for teasing it like this, they suck at marketing"

Well they've had over 400,000 views for the teasers alone, so they can't be that bad at it.

Mik_Pad

Banned
is this a better way to promote your game..?

ij8IDpmwhUl.png
I think everyone agrees that it is a big campaign for a big game, but I think PSASBR campaign should focus on the hardcore PS first and I think almost every PS fan loved the micheal ad so I think Sony is doing the right thing with this ad *if* it truly is an PSASBR ad.

Carl

I think they need to target people that already own a PS3 with PSASBR because i think they're the most likely to buy the game (mostly because they will be most invested in the Playstation characters). I think a Michael-esque advert would do that really well

If the advert is as good as the Michael one was, and they achieve even half of the views Michael has (so around 5 million) i think they'll have done well

Of course, views don't necessarily translate into buying intention, but at least it will get people to know about the game, get some word of mouth going, and show they can actually market a game if and when they want to

Gadirok

So I'm guessing the 23rd will unveil a new trailer for all-stars.

I can imagine alot of people on youtube are going to be dissapointed. They had the wildest fantasies of a new infamous, a new Ape Escape, PS4, some were even more unrealistic...

gadwn

Was hoping for a new epic "Michael advert" or something like that. But I guess PASBR is nice also, that game needs more attention!

Carl

Was hoping for a new epic "Michael advert" or something like that. But I guess PASBR is nice also, that game needs more attention!

I think it will be like a "Michael" advert, just with PSABR characters and used to promote the game

Loudninja

So I'm guessing the 23rd will unveil a new trailer for all-stars.

I can imagine alot of people on youtube are going to be dissapointed. They had the wildest fantasies of a new infamous, a new Ape Escape, PS4, some were even more unrealistic...

We already had a tease beofre with the first ad, not sure why people though differently this time.

KalBalboa

Banned
Here's something that I think might be getting lost in the shuffle:

Promoting PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale = Promoting PS3/Vita

and vice versa.

KalBalboa

Banned
Why isn't Sony promoting!? I hate it! Wait... they are? Why is Sony promoting!? I hate it!

I get this vibe all the time. I really think All-stars is synonymous with the PS brand for insanely obvious reasons, so it only makes sense that this ad will promote both, even if by accident.

"Hey, wouldn't it be cool if there was a game with Nathan Drake, Sweet Tooth, Cole, Sack Boy, and Kratos?"

So, clearly, this is the aftermath of the party.

At first, Cole comes in. Then Drake. This is before the party

Then, with this one, it's the aftermath. Everyone had a huge fight, hence the janitor cleaning up. Interesting tie back to the Michael ad. Even though Michael played these guys, he buys All Stars and makes them all fight each other lol.

Sid

I think they'll just continue with the teasers and then the final teaser would be a flashback to the michael ad where the characters would fight in the bar,the entire series of teasers would be combined later on to form one commercial for all stars.

Radec

So, clearly, this is the aftermath of the party.

At first, Cole comes in. Then Drake. This is before the party

Then, with this one, it's the aftermath. Everyone had a huge fight, hence the janitor cleaning up. Interesting tie back to the Michael ad. Even though Michael played these guys, he buys All Stars and makes them all fight each other lol.

Maybe tomorrow they'll show what happens after the Michael video.

Shit got real in the bar I guess :D

Maybe tomorrow they'll show what happens after the Michael video.

Shit got real in the bar I guess :D

Michael ad is great for just seeing some of these characters just talking and interacting with each other, I hope they step up their game and show us full scene of them fighting it out with full on visual effects, action, slow mo or any kind of effect they can think of to make it look as cool as possible this time.

Top Bottom