• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita wallpaper thread | Customizing dat OLED screen

I'm not very good with image editors, but I'll drop some ideas for the magicians that know how to make transparent wallpapers.

ships.jpg

RedSwirl

I don't own a Vita but I like making wallpapers so I guess I could throw some stuff out there if I ever have time.

yencid

Took Chubs' idea, playing around with transparency.

Max Payne 3:

OH MAN! and then the lockscreen can be just the police tape.
unf.

and heres what my last one looks like in action.

6924554945_0364a13ae3_z.jpg

forgot that the bubbles sway from side to side :p But yeah the wave works awesome.
Im guessing if the circles where vectors they would look smoother?

Oppo

Anyone know yet how easy it will be to theme the icons?

It's my only big complaint about the Vita UI. Those icons range from OK to terribad.

P.s. what's with the PNG aliasing? Is it some limitation of the Vita or just badly-prepared alpha channels?

Was away for the weekend, but love the new stuff people keep posting. The transparent wallpapers rock, I'll be doing quite a few of those for now. Here is some transparent Xenoblade Chronicles wallpapers in a few different styles.

KillerAJD

Made this because I was bored. Just threw together some stuff I found online. Is there any way to change the color behind the lockscreen though? It looks a little odd with the brighter blue in the corner. The zipper looks pretty aliased blown up, but it looks fine on the Vita itself.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
These aren't as exciting as the PNG stuff, but here's a few lockscreen wallpapers:

Was away for the weekend, but love the new stuff people keep posting. The transparent wallpapers rock, I'll be doing quite a few of those for now. Here is a transparent Xenoblade Chronicles in a few different styles.

These pictures just pop off that screen. Especially the ones Snuggler posted. So good. You can'y even begin to appreciate what OLED does to them colors.

It's so weird seeing my post that I just made on my Vita as I just refreshed the thread to DL the last few walls. Excellent stuff.

there is no "doing it wrong" with the vita. The main site works great on it.

True. But the second apps makes things easier, especially for this thread since it fits everything onscreen horizontally. Really hoping Sony eventually patches in browser and OS controls with the analog/d-pad/buttons...

Top Bottom