• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita wallpaper thread | Customizing dat OLED screen

Chaplain

02850_eveninglight_960x544.jpg

02851_manhattansunset_960x544.jpg

02852_natureatwork_960x544.jpg

02853_influx_960x544.jpg

Oppo

I very quickly threw this together form some random wipeout imagery I had lying around... I didn't do the chart but I might update it for 2048...

Let me know how it looks, i can't install it right now :)

billsmugs

Um, whoever thought of transparent backgrounds is a genius. The results are amazing.

I'd copied over my transparent template file when I put a load of wallpapers on my Vita, so I thought I'd see if it worked and was rather surprised when it did!

The start screen weirdness and the strange fading between walls suggests to me that this isn't a deliberate feature though. It's more like they just didn't think to program in a black background for transparent images, like they do on PS3. Hopefully it'll get updated to support semi-transparency, better transitions etc but I'm worried that it could get removed. There's no real reason to remove it, but this is Sony...

EDIT: The transparent Sackbot and Gravity Rush ones above are brilliant. I'm also torn between the Sackboy "Handle With Care" startscreen and my own Valkyria Chronicles one. I think I may use Sackboy as a wallpaper, as it gives more room for icons. I wish you could cycle between a few different start screens, the 10 wallpaper pages has spoilt me a bit!

Mik2121

You know, one thing that bothers me A LOT...

When having multiple pages even with the same wallpaper, it all goes black and then loads again. It's so annoying :(

JVIDICAN

You know, one thing that bothers me A LOT...

When having multiple pages even with the same wallpaper, it all goes black and then loads again. It's so annoying :(

For most backgrounds, I agree that its annoying. I kind of like it for the single character transparent ones though.

Was going to request some stuff, but then I realized I could not be lazy for a change and work on everything myself.

So I'm in the process of working on something pretty cool for myself, and once I'm finished with everything, I'll share the final product.

I'm not extremely talented with editing, so a lot of what I'm doing is fairly simple, but they should get the job done.

So, just as a quick preview of what I'm working on, here's the unlock screen for what I am deeming the Avengers Vita Initiative!

I just applied it to my start screen, and it looks great. Blends well with the time and date posted!

Top Bottom