• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita wallpaper thread | Customizing dat OLED screen

Acid08 & Lamonster said:
snip for size

I'll give both of these a shot. Will edit this post with my results.
v88dOxs.png
rAfDk13.jpg
aoRDbAr.png

Jomjom

Banned
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I get very high resolution images, but when I use them as wallpapers on the Vita they always look really bad, kind of pixelated or unclear.

How can I fix this??

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I get very high resolution images, but when I use them as wallpapers on the Vita they always look really bad, kind of pixelated or unclear.

How can I fix this??

Scale them to the correct size. If they're still giving you that issue, try using a lightly compressed file format, rather than a .png

I tried to make a dark version of the Playstation 20th Anniversary wallpaper. I'm not a fan of how it turned out personally but maybe someone will. It's very dark.

8mCdXZr.png

Mephala

Anyone got any SNK/Neo Geo wallpapers please?

Hey Tizoc.

Are you after anything in particular? Specific picture, characters or game? I have a stash of SNK pics that I've been slowly resizing and playing around with for my Vita, let me know if you're looking for something specific.

Xlb6srd.png

Here's a new imgur album I uploaded. http://imgur.com/a/dFa4s#0

I uploaded some a while ago too.

Here are some sneaky samples of my SNK collection in which I'm currently working on.

Oh Mai Goodness Probably NSFW

Link
Samples
vQngt9G.png

kiXmJqp.png

h0A7fuB.png

F2vJE61.png

7kpXEEx.png

kaFKgpN.png

2gWiFpx.png

QOHoBfa.png

Tizoc

Hey Tizoc.

Are you after anything in particular? Specific picture, characters or game? I have a stash of SNK pics that I've been slowly resizing and playing around with for my Vita, let me know if you're looking for something specific.

Xlb6srd.png

Here's a new imgur album I uploaded. http://imgur.com/a/dFa4s#0

I uploaded some a while ago too.

oH THANKS for this! I'll save them and use them for a few pages ;D
For some reason the IMGUR album doesn't open for me at work, any chance you could provide a wallpaper of Geese on his chair with him being on the right or left side of the image please?
GeeseHoward.jpg

Will check it once I get home thanks again.

YomommaZ

I love this thread. So many awesome looking wallpapers!

I would like to make a request though... I know there's numerous MGS wallpapers already but I would like to use a minimalistic wallpaper on each Vita page with a unit symbol throughout the series (Outer Heaven, Foxhound, Militaires Sans Frontieres, Diamond Dogs, Fox, Xof, Cobra...) but my lack of picture manipulating magic is stoping me from doing so... :(

I love this thread. So many awesome looking wallpapers!

I would like to make a request though... I know there's numerous MGS wallpapers already but I would like to use a minimalistic wallpaper on each Vita page with a unit symbol throughout the series (Outer Heaven, Foxhound, Militaires Sans Frontieres, Diamond Dogs, Fox, Xof, Cobra...) but my lack of picture manipulating magic is stoping me from doing so... :(

I like this idea, I'll give it a go later if no one else does.

Mephala

oH THANKS for this! I'll save them and use them for a few pages ;D
For some reason the IMGUR album doesn't open for me at work, any chance you could provide a wallpaper of Geese on his chair with him being on the right or left side of the image please?
GeeseHoward.jpg

Will check it once I get home thanks again.

I really should embed all of them like most other people here but I
am lazy and
tend to make these in bulk and then just use what I like so I end up with heaps of rejects. Embedding each one takes too long unless there is a quick way I'm unaware of.

I actually have the pic you want already, just had to upload it.
ChP2Rgp.png

Larger
tZywxyZ.png

Bonus
fzo465B.png

And here's another one from Persona 4 Dancing All Night, this time with no overlap.
Hope you like them.

Oooo. This is good. Where'd you get the art of Rise herself from?

I've been woefully absent from this thread in recent months. Apologies. Here are some Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann walls to make up for it.
wURSrzi.png

8IAFr7q.png

c4Mnzi9.png

PnnwJBB.png

Nu8xsS9.png

I really love the red/black/white color schemes we've seen in Persona 5, which translates so well into those wallpapers.

I'm here with a more specific request though, that is simultaneously very odd but hopefully easy to fulfill.

I really like the Four Seasons wallpapers, I think they're super classy and discrete and I love to use them.

BUT, all four of them have a brush stroke in the bottom left fourth of the wallpaper where the red is significantly lighter than the rest of them. It constantly makes me think there is a smudge on my screen when there is not. It puts me off so much because, artistic intent aside, it looks like there is a flaw in the background.

I would love if anybody with the means to do so could take the four Four Seasons wallpapers and simply edit out the brush stroke. It's in the exact same place in all four wallpapers and hard to miss. I don't have a laptop at the moment and I am embarrassed to be making such a simple request of somebody else.

Can anybody on VITAGAF please pull through for me?

Any Earthbound related wallpapers? I haven't seen any.
I don't think I have any premade on my computer. What are you looking for? Anything in particular? Let me know and I'll see what I can rustle up.

More generally, to everyone else, here are some Neon Genesis Evangelion wallpapers!

JJP8uDL.png

edi8t39.png

NjqfAmy.png

cHG9Djl.png

cNi95GP.png

My favorite drink + Kurisu, I love it haha.
Definitely using this one, thanks.

It's been so long since I watched Steins;Gate. Forgot all about Dr. Pepper being in it.
Can't wait to finally play the VN on my Vita.
Glad you liked one! I'm pretty excited for the Vita port as well! I've never actually played the VN, so it should be pretty awesome!

Anyways, a bit of a different kind of wallpaper set today. These are screenshots from the short series Byousoku 5 Centimeter (aka 5 Centimeters per Second). It's a gorgeous anime, so it was pretty easy to find some good looking shots.

vLjsKEn.png

edyVmid.png

icmsvhz.png

9pZAXYc.png

w9my584.png

s7a8F6D.png

JzCgZ6h.png

Glad you liked one! I'm pretty excited for the Vita port as well! I've never actually played the VN, so it should be pretty awesome!

Anyways, a bit of a different kind of wallpaper set today. These are screenshots from the short series Byousoku 5 Centimeter (aka 5 Centimeters per Second). It's a gorgeous anime, so it was pretty easy to find some good looking shots.

edyVmid.png

Love this one, Shinkai has made some beautiful movies.

Love this one, Shinkai has made some beautiful movies.
One of my favorite directors in Anime. Amazing stuff. I'll try to get some more shots from his other work soon!

So, I skipped class...and that means I had some free time...which means more wallpapers! Two batches in one day! Yay :) Time for some Cowboy Bebop stuff!

GYzPzYZ.png

ulSNn2q.png

a7apunU.png

5dwT0Nr.png

tkaBmwK.png

82NmM1k.png

Sick in bed, so had some time for more walls. Kind of a weird menagerie of stuff here.

Borderlands 2
7XEEBmH.png

Bravely Default
Z5cb92N.png

Batman and Robin
UJVL1UG.png

Hotline Miami
pG2N6aZ.png

Infamous: Second Son
s9WD8RV.png

Spyro
77WADXT.png

There are some amazing wallpapers in this thread! Saved several Kill La Kill, Gurren Lagann, NGE, ToX and P4 ones.

Could I request some Darker than Black or Code Geass ones?

One of my favorite directors in Anime. Amazing stuff. I'll try to get some more shots from his other work soon!

So, I skipped class...and that means I had some free time...which means more wallpapers! Two batches in one day! Yay :) Time for some Cowboy Bebop stuff!

http://i.imgur.com/GYzPzYZ.png[/ig]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ulSNn2q.png[/ig]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/a7apunU.png[/ig]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/5dwT0Nr.png[/ig]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/tkaBmwK.png[/mg]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/82NmM1k.png[/ig][/QUOTE]

These are sexy. Thanks.

Tizoc

I really should embed all of them like most other people here but I
am lazy and
tend to make these in bulk and then just use what I like so I end up with heaps of rejects. Embedding each one takes too long unless there is a quick way I'm unaware of.

I actually have the pic you want already, just had to upload it.
ChP2Rgp.png

Larger
tZywxyZ.png

Bonus
fzo465B.png

Thanks for this! Sorry for late reply but I forget to view this thread sometimes ^^;

Anyone got any Metal Slug wallpapers? I think I have one or might've seen one here but can't remember which page had it @_@

cj_iwakura

My favorite drink + Kurisu, I love it haha.
Definitely using this one, thanks.

It's been so long since I watched Steins;Gate. Forgot all about Dr. Pepper being in it.
Can't wait to finally play the VN on my Vita.

If they haven't worked out a deal for a marketing collabo, major wasted opportunity.

Been hugely and unfortunately busy lately, but here's some wallpapers I had waiting to be uploaded. Clannad, FLCL, Fate/Stay Night and Guilty Crown.
rPNnJep.png

peQtyn9.png

TMZNPpD.png

wpZKhe1.png

Dpa4dEt.png

Top Bottom