• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita wallpaper thread | Customizing dat OLED screen

Thanks! It looks amazing in the photo app, but looks way too blurry and washed out when set to wallpaper. D:
I know Vita downgrades the pictures, but it's not supposed to be this drastic, is it?
This is unfortunately a Vita problem. It's compressing the image. I can try to fiddle around with the image on my end to see if that helps, but I doubt it'll do much. The whole reason this was implemented was to overcome the Buffer Overflow Hack of the PSP/PS3. It sucks, but you can thank hackers, and Sony's lazy workaround for that. As perorist mentioned, the more colors, the worse this gets. So sometimes, the compression is hardly noticeable. Other times, like here, it looks godawful.

Try this, and see if this helps:
  1. Open the photo viewer on the Vita and find the image.
  2. Touch the small "bubble" on the bottom right and select "Trim and Save" from the menu. Select the desired area you wish (or the entire image) and press the "Trim and Save" button. This will make a new image file of the area you've selected.
  3. Choose that image as your background.
Since it's doubtful that'll work, here's two alternate links. See if either of these improve the quality:
If that doesn't work either, post me a different pic and I can see how that turns out.
C&H ones are awesome.

Can anyone make a danganronpa 2 vita background with just the text on a beach background? If there is anything I can do, then I'll help. Thanks!
Get me a source image of some kind. I'll need the text in question and the beach, because I have literally no clue what you're asking for otherwise :p
Is there a better way to search through this thread other than clicking every page and using CTRL+F with keywords? I'm currently playing P4G and would like a look at the walls available but don't really want to sift through all the pages. :\
Here's some new P4G stuff as well.
Persona 4 girls: Rise, Chie, Yukiko
77DaK3X.jpg

Persona 4
Hdm5KOq.jpg

And here's two old walls as well.
Ikc1xOv.jpg

l0Zry0w.png

I hate double posting, but my Imgur is getting clogged, and I can't see some of my old stuff (since I don't have a Pro account), so I wanted to share this stuff before it gets buried.

This is just some stuff from /r/Anime a few weeks back, a kind of stylized and minimal set of character wallpapers! Character(s) name is first, name of show is second!

Fujimiya Kaori - Isshuukan Friends
PXSZHX5.jpg

Hana and Pitz - Captain Earth
AJxkVkS.jpg

Holo - Spice and Wolf
lZ1aHUt.jpg

Holo - Spice and Wolf
hv88oaI.jpg

Ikkyuu Tensai - Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin
9oVMbui.jpg

Kisara Tendo - Black Bullet
AfirG15.jpg

Kuroneko - Brynhildr in the Darkness
JjFhGRi.jpg

Miyuki - Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
YjbLOlZ.jpg

Nanana - Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin
8Mspzlu.jpg

Rentarou - Black Bullet
705LPOM.jpg

Saki and Kaori - Isshuukan Friends
JBCLGiL.jpg

Shiro and Sora - No Game, No Life
rAgobjx.jpg

As always, I love helping with requests!

Protag

Banned
I hate double posting, but my Imgur is getting clogged, and I can't see some of my old stuff (since I don't have a Pro account), so I wanted to share this stuff before it gets buried.

This is just some stuff from /r/Anime a few weeks back, a kind of stylized and minimal set of character wallpapers! Character(s) name is first, name of show is second!

Fujimiya Kaori - Isshuukan Friends
PXSZHX5.jpg

Hana and Pitz - Captain Earth
AJxkVkS.jpg

Holo - Spice and Wolf
lZ1aHUt.jpg

Holo - Spice and Wolf
hv88oaI.jpg

Ikkyuu Tensai - Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin
9oVMbui.jpg

Kisara Tendo - Black Bullet
AfirG15.jpg

Kuroneko - Brynhildr in the Darkness
JjFhGRi.jpg

Miyuki - Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
YjbLOlZ.jpg

Nanana - Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin
8Mspzlu.jpg

Rentarou - Black Bullet
705LPOM.jpg

Saki and Kaori - Isshuukan Friends
JBCLGiL.jpg

Shiro and Sora - No Game, No Life
rAgobjx.jpg

As always, I love helping with requests!

Bro, can i put in a request for Psycho-Pass wallpapers? Id love it

Something real stylish

TRI Mike

This is an awesome thread. Cheers to everyone who contributed so far. I'm kinda new to GAF so I never saw it before. Will definitely use several of these.

Bro, can i put in a request for Psycho-Pass wallpapers? Id love it

Something real stylish
Yeah yeah! No problemo! Here you go!
qGsYhT6.jpg

HXvSwO1.jpg

xxX86MT.jpg

MAUn2aW.jpg

Bcrz3iu.jpg

GNH3j1F.jpg

Firstly, thanks for your amazing work! :)
Since you already made Senjougahara (Monogatari Series), may I request wallpapers from the other characters in the series in that same style as well?
Just to clarify, due credit where it's due, I didn't make these wallpapers! I just resized them. I've made a few wallpapers of my own (Street Fighter a few pages back), but by and large, I'm just trying to make things easier for people since I have Photoshop! I assume you want the "minimal" style I posted? If so, I could only find three more, sorry! I might try to actually make my own in the future...
rltwjJV.jpg

FzK5RX4.jpg

D1uB7ri.jpg

I'd love some from Kuroko no Basuke.
Absolutely. I've got a bunch in that minimal style and in some other styles. So here you are:
cJ8BIZg.jpg

p6VGDkZ.jpg

Momoi Satsuki
KqYnzrH.jpg

Aida Riko
dn4gSeg.jpg

Kuroko Tetsuya
SyAhpo0.jpg

Kagami Taiga
mrvqKJV.jpg

Kise Ryouta
03kZq6c.jpg

Midorima Shintarou
LeHxIsd.jpg

Murasakibara Atsushi
cgw18Nm.jpg

Aomine Daiki
dHeacjF.jpg

Protag

Banned
Yeah yeah! No problemo! Here you go!
qGsYhT6.jpg

HXvSwO1.jpg

xxX86MT.jpg

MAUn2aW.jpg

Bcrz3iu.jpg

GNH3j1F.jpg

Just to clarify, due credit where it's due, I didn't make these wallpapers! I just resized them. I've made a few wallpapers of my own (Street Fighter a few pages back), but by and large, I'm just trying to make things easier for people since I have Photoshop! I assume you want the "minimal" style I posted? If so, I could only find three more, sorry! I might try to actually make my own in the future...
rltwjJV.jpg

FzK5RX4.jpg

D1uB7ri.jpg

Absolutely. I've got a bunch in that minimal style and in some other styles. So here you are:
cJ8BIZg.jpg

p6VGDkZ.jpg

Momoi Satsuki
KqYnzrH.jpg

Aida Riko
dn4gSeg.jpg

Kuroko Tetsuya
SyAhpo0.jpg

Kagami Taiga
mrvqKJV.jpg

Kise Ryouta
03kZq6c.jpg

Midorima Shintarou
LeHxIsd.jpg

Murasakibara Atsushi
cgw18Nm.jpg

Aomine Daiki
dHeacjF.jpg

Very clean, thank you!

co1onel

Firstly, thanks for your amazing work! :)
Since you already made Senjougahara (Monogatari Series), may I request wallpapers from the other characters in the series in that same style as well?

Here's some other monogatari wallpapers I made in that style (minimalistic) a while back
Araragi:
d412e4200b.png

Black Hanekawa:
e67ced4659.png

Kaiki:
ba7e94182d.png

Medusa Nadeko:
8538833a64.png

Senjougahara:
c84ee2a98b.png

d5b015356f.png

Shinobu:
800537d3d9.png

42c640143a.png

Tsukihi:
adaa106a16.png

Yozuru:
55255dc52f.png

Couple of other Shinobu wallpapers:
3b4a1a7c51.png

e35a5b6614.png

Zhao_Yun

Oh, I see. Thanks either way! :)

Here's some other monogatari wallpapers I made in that style (minimalistic) a while back

Saved them all. Thank you very much!

Got a few more walls to post! Three Persona 3 and two Haruhi's!

Persona 3
FiY7fSW.jpg

Persona 3: Protagonist and Aigis
msmyGnt.jpg

Persona 3 Protagonists
CMmU3RP.jpg

Haruhi
1QWdJPa.jpg

Haruhi 2
EoRBKq0.jpg

As usual, if you need anything, ask away!

Protag

Banned
Got a few more walls to post! Three Persona 3 and two Haruhi's!

Persona 3
FiY7fSW.jpg

Persona 3: Protagonist and Aigis
msmyGnt.jpg

Persona 3 Protagonists
CMmU3RP.jpg

Haruhi
1QWdJPa.jpg

Haruhi 2
EoRBKq0.jpg

As usual, if you need anything, ask away!

Gonna out in a nice order

Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 or unicorn

xillia (1,2 or both)

Hearts R

More psycho-pass

Metal Gear

Hopefully these are right:

Gonna out in a nice order

Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 or unicorn
ZVeAC2J.jpg

xillia (1,2 or both)
UpESRsn.jpg

iH7ATGx.jpg

8oQkCsr.jpg

TdVT3M1.jpg

w0aMqgb.jpg

Couldn't find anything for this on Reddit, Google, etc. If you've got an image in mind, find it and tell me.
More psycho-pass
I've posted all the good Psycho-Pass I could find. I'm completely unfamiliar with this series, so again, if you have something in mind, PM me or something.
Metal Gear
Pretty nebulous request, but here's what I've got!
RljN0MF.jpg

rZWgnum.jpg

V0Nklwn.jpg

ZkM5Ox3.jpg

They're not from any particular shows if that's what you mean. I just find them around the internet on various sites like pixiv. I have plenty more like them too.
-snip-
Let me know if anyone wants more and I'll resize more for the Vita's screen.

Yeah it seemed like they had a similar aesthetic, so I was curious if there was any connection! I'd like to see more!

HomesIice

They're not from any particular shows if that's what you mean. I just find them around the internet on various sites like pixiv. I have plenty more like them too.
SNIP
Let me know if anyone wants more and I'll resize more for the Vita's screen.

They're all so pretty!! <3
Thanks for posting them!

Bored. Waiting for TGS news. So I made more wallpapers. We'll call this a "Random Anime Wallpaper Pack."

In other words, I just made a bunch of junk I saved for my laptop into Vita walls. Yay!

Eren and Mikasa - Attack on Titan
AMwnxyN.jpg

Toradora - Taiga
VIcIt4h.jpg

Yoko Littner - Gurren Lagann
2pPvXHP.jpg

Night Raid Flag - Akame ga Kill
5OKeKep.jpg

Kill la Kill Cast
JNaCs3B.jpg

Spike - Cowboy Bebop
2EF5EaZ.jpg

Spike - Cowboy Bebop
6h6vRRA.jpg

As always, tell me if you have any requests!

Someday! Sooooon!

Today was the day!! :D

Already got that wallpaper on it and it looks great, the compression doesn't look to have phased it much! Thank you again!

I'm about halfway with downloading my games to it, and I have 6 pages of apps now. Since I'm learning about the interface of this thing first hand, it never really sunk in that you can make multiple wallpapers for each page [despite me seeing labeled wallpaper in this thread].

Is it possible to get a few Outlaw Star wallpapers so I can jazz these screens up?

I want to request some Guilty Gear Xrd wallpapers. Especially Ramlethal ones :3

Thanks in advance

2nd that idea :)

I want to request some Guilty Gear Xrd wallpapers. Especially Ramlethal ones :3
Thanks in advance
I would love to do this, but I can't find anything that suitable. I wasn't able to find much high quality artwork, fan-made or official. Is there anything you have in mind in particular? Here's what I could manage. I'll see what I can Photoshop of Ramlethal tomorrow!
cWFByg5.jpg

V4xUTHU.jpg

4pgxSkK.jpg

Today was the day!! :D
Already got that wallpaper on it and it looks great, the compression doesn't look to have phased it much! Thank you again!
Huzzah! Finally! Congrats!
Obligatory:
M9yI9Hp.gif

I'm about halfway with downloading my games to it, and I have 6 pages of apps now. Since I'm learning about the interface of this thing first hand, it never really sunk in that you can make multiple wallpapers for each page [despite me seeing labeled wallpaper in this thread].
Is it possible to get a few Outlaw Star wallpapers so I can jazz these screens up?
Yup, a wallpaper for each page! I'm still not the hugest fan of bubbles, but I love having all my different wallpapers! Here's what I could find of Outlaw Star! Great show!
RGdMgXM.jpg

hB8DCd5.jpg

y8xLhsO.jpg

c4fxcl2.jpg

Yup, a wallpaper for each page! I'm still not the hugest fan of bubbles, but I love having all my different wallpapers! Here's what I could find of Outlaw Star! Great show!

Oh my goodness, these are beautiful! And despite the limited sources atm, those GG Xrd ones are damn fine! I'm sure when winter gets closer there'll be more high-quality pics to choose from. Only natural that it's slim pickings given that GG Xrd is not released yet.

Either way, as always, you have my deepest gratitude. Thank you.

Oh my goodness, these are beautiful! And despite the limited sources atm, those GG Xrd ones are damn fine! I'm sure when winter gets closer there'll be more high-quality pics to choose from. Only natural that it's slim pickings given that GG Xrd is not released yet.

Either way, as always, you have my deepest gratitude. Thank you.

As soon as they release more art, I'll definitely be posting more!

You're quite welcome! If you need anything else for your screen, just let me know!

Hikami

Got my vita earlier today and first thing I did was look for wallpapers..
Went looking for some God Eater/Alisa ones but there were barely any :/
Tried making my own lock screen, not sure how good it is but meh, its something.

bHge8.png

Tried making my own lock screen, not sure how good it is but meh, its something.

bHge8.png
This looks phenomenal. Can you make some more God Eater stuff?

Unrelated to that, here are some random new walls for everyone!
Nebula
ShnQf1c.jpg

Chicago
vcpOCuZ.jpg

Sunset
EjkBF0G.jpg

Space
Xx2Ws7Y.jpg

Request away!

Double-posting is the worst, but I was bored and made more wallpapers, so wheeeeee!

Bakemonogatari
jDhdifh.jpg

Gainax Crew: FLCL, TTGL, etc.
BUxAtQA.jpg

Saber - Fate/stay night
00rM7Vn.jpg

Saber - Fate/stay night
F0UDK45.jpg

Kill la Kill
ztZfHKk.jpg

Jibril - No Game No Life
LogSlDx.jpg

Kirito and Asuna - Sword Art Online
PiFR8HR.jpg

Asuna - Sword Art Online
1dnTz3Z.jpg

Asuna - Sword Art Online
4e0xDog.jpg

Misaka - Toaru Majutsu no Index
Y3Avcnv.jpg

Requests anyone?

Mephala

I have an... odd request. I have made a bunch of SNK walls but I noticed a large number of them have boring white backgrounds. Would you be interested in taking a look and fiddling with some of them? I know this is probably more work than just resizing stuff so I won't mind if you don't do it.

Edit. Loving the stuff by the way. I don't have enough screens to use them all. D:

I have an... odd request. I have made a bunch of SNK walls but I noticed a large number of them have boring white backgrounds. Would you be interested in taking a look and fiddling with some of them? I know this is probably more work than just resizing stuff so I won't mind if you don't do it.

Edit. Loving the stuff by the way. I don't have enough screens to use them all. D:

I'm more than happy to fiddle around with SNK stuff! PM me. Try to send me a link to something like Dropbox or Drive.

Glad you like the stuff I've been doing! :D

Krafter

bHge8.png
This is great stuff. I can guarantee I will download any Alisa wallpapers you can come up with. 8)

Also, great thread in general that keeps delivering.

You've won your way into my heart with that Black Hanekawa wallpaper.
Whoohoo! Mission accomplished!
OH MY GOD, THE LAST TWO. YOU MONSTER. I'M STILL TORN UP OVER THAT.

Here are some sneaky samples of my SNK collection in which I'm currently working on.
For reference, I'm currently working on those for you still, got a few done today.

Anyways, here's another contribution for today! Nisekoi stuff!

Nisekoi
bBDyiXA.jpg

Nisekoi - Best Girl (Chitoge)
2yimVtJ.jpg

Nisekoi - Chitoge
lo9E2TF.jpg

Nisekoi - Chitoge
GGGs4GW.jpg

LAA

Can I make some requests?

Looking for a wallpaper for my Final Fantasy games, so...I guess I'd like a FFXV wallpaper or FFVII wallpaper for that. Or maybe a general FF wallpaper, so something showing all of them in some way if that makes sense...?

Also looking for a Metal Gear Wallpaper. Want something like the drawn Metal Gear cover arts you get. Like the MGS Ground Zeroes drawn the cover the US got I think. That'd be perfect.

Lastly, looking for some simple KH wallpapers too.

Thanks

Hag

I would love to do this, but I can't find anything that suitable. I wasn't able to find much high quality artwork, fan-made or official. Is there anything you have in mind in particular? Here's what I could manage. I'll see what I can Photoshop of Ramlethal tomorrow!

Oh, it's better to wait the console version to see more high res art then. Those 3 that you posted looks good though. Thanks!

Can I resquest more Kill la Kill? I want moar Satsuki :p

co1onel

Looking for a wallpaper for my Final Fantasy games, so...I guess I'd like a FFXV wallpaper or FFVII wallpaper for that. Or maybe a general FF wallpaper, so something showing all of them in some way if that makes sense...?

Also looking for a Metal Gear Wallpaper. Want something like the drawn Metal Gear cover arts you get. Like the MGS Ground Zeroes drawn the cover the US got I think. That'd be perfect.

Thanks

There's actually been a lot of KH, MGS and FF wallpapers posted in this thread. Try the search function at the top of the page and you should get some good results.

Thanks
Agreed with co1onel, there's already tons of FF, KH and MGS stuff in this thread. Most of it should be searchable. If you can't find something you want specifically, tell me and I can see what I can do.

Here's a FF XV wall since I don't think you'll find that;
t9qRDV3.jpg

Oh, it's better to wait the console version to see more high res art then. Those 3 that you posted looks good though. Thanks!

Can I resquest more Kill la Kill? I want moar Satsuki :p
Glad you like them! Yeah, more Satsuki right here!
sYmOT68.jpg

EJjFtAN.jpg

nbiGBUm.jpg

lb77Q5y.jpg

BU3eQI2.jpg

M7X4Xcl.jpg

MAVk4VZ.jpg

V2fUXXp.jpg

1FD213A.jpg

BONUS: Ryuko and Ragyo in the same style as the last one!
qLpoMhO.jpg

ri0mISw.jpg

thenexus6

Amazing thread! Takes a little while to scroll through on vita browser but I think its easier still than plugging vita into my laptop

Amazing thread! Takes a little while to scroll through on vita browser but I think its easier still than plugging vita into my laptop
Absolutely way more convenient in the end. Keep coming back! There's new stuff almost daily!

Speaking of which...here's some new stuff for this evening! The last of those "minimal" or "vector" type walls!

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Cast
GRP4ecI.jpg

Kingdom Hearts - Cast
QT5n61S.jpg

Sword Art Online II - Sinon
4fPOK9T.jpg

Attack on Titan - Mikasa
rNkgKbj.jpg

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Cast
kx0rXhM.jpg

Sword Art Online - Kirito
oJ2ioJF.jpg