• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita wallpaper thread | Customizing dat OLED screen

So I made a few MS Paint monstrosities to add to the topic. I know these won't be nearly as good as most of the stuff posted in here, but some of them turned out alright. The theme is "Men of Bamco Fighters".

First off, I went a little overboard with the first bit of artwork. It's one of my all time favorite pieces of character art, so I made four versions of it... x_X

ldeW3Oz.png

pSbVg6k.png

jhJEEfS.png

qVl1CvN.png

Cervantes - SoulCalibur V

v57O9ER.png

Maxi - SoulCalibur V

fzcQyBS.png

Mitsurugi - SoulCalibur V

7cbl30y.png

Siegfried - SoulCalibur V

gvYjkCO.png

3nblYRf.png

Z.W.E.I. - SoulCalibur V

TBwD5zW.png

cl2Q60D.png

h2n6kuE.png

King - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (I know the second one is really awful, but I liked the original piece of artwork so much.)

6mHiu52.png

oki8gTU.png

Miguel - Tekken Tag Tournament 2

ND8VAoS.png

Lars - Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Well, that's all for now. Sorry about the quality of these, (especially the boring white backgrounds) but I felt like I needed to contribute at least something to repay all the awesome work people have shared here.

Okay I do not want to go through the trouble of looking through the more than a thousand replies but does anyone have a final fantasy x wallpaper for vita? I'm a huge FFX fan and would really like one for my vita I just bought.
Kinda a vague request, so I just uploaded all the ones I've got.
C7TIsEx.jpg

btdPp5E.jpg

FfvrrhC.jpg

hJ6UF0h.jpg

CpsYBim.jpg

VITA WALLPAPER FAIRY DELIVERS

I like these a lot, not sure if the res is enough:
The first one isn't large enough, nor really the correct shape. The second is a wee bit better, so I tried to fit it in. Came out alright.
wtnLnqx.jpg

Feel free to send me more images if you want something else.
Sorry I should have been more specific. These wallpapers look great though, do you have any with the whole cast in it?
Ah, now THAT is a specific request. To answer, I had nothing premade, because I never found an image that worked. The below image is the best I've ever found. If you've got a link to one in mind, I'll be happy to try to use it, but I've never actually seen the full cast together.
fOaDbg3.jpg

bon

Hey, so I took a screenshot of Dragon's Crown to use as a background, and it looks really compressed. Artifacts everywhere. In the photo viewer it looks fine. What's the deal?

Hey, so I took a screenshot of Dragon's Crown to use as a background, and it looks really compressed. Artifacts everywhere. In the photo viewer it looks fine. What's the deal?

I'm pretty sure that's just what happens when you set them as backgrounds. It sure does suck.

I've been doing so many requests over the past few days, I haven't had time to post any of my own stuff! So here's a nice little bundle of some random, unrelated stuff!
tvfohcm.jpg

yzuWSBc.jpg

Ronald Reagan
5SK7eqe.jpg

'Murica
fzTr0oq.jpg

P0MsjKs.jpg

D4ex62S.jpg

dkknooI.jpg

ENJOY

So I made a few MS Paint monstrosities to add to the topic. I know these won't be nearly as good as most of the stuff posted in here, but some of them turned out alright. The theme is "Men of Bamco Fighters".

First off, I went a little overboard with the first bit of artwork. It's one of my all time favorite pieces of character art, so I made four versions of it... x_X

Well, that's all for now. Sorry about the quality of these, (especially the boring white backgrounds) but I felt like I needed to contribute at least something to repay all the awesome work people have shared here.

All we need next is shirtless Chris and Nathan Drake lol

Headed out of town for the rest of the week, so thought I should leave some walls before I go.
Destiny
9DVLQ13.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy
uM6Y3qa.jpg

Legend of Zelda
IB85ecL.jpg

Peace out Vita-bros and gals!

I had a few Tactics Ogre pictures I liked and quickly resized. #3 was 4:3 so it looks stretched but the others are okay. A shame that zipper goes over his face.
With Zipper.

No zipper.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
That's disappointing. I don't think the PSP compressed wallpapers like this.
It's a form of hacking protection. The size limit for the wallpaper when it gets set is reduced (to something under 100kb iirc) so that people can't use huge wallpapers with embedded code and run it through a buffer overflow. Another leftover effect of PSP piracy :/

Hate to be back so soon with a request but does anyone have a Danganronpa wallpaper with just Taka or the whole cast if that's too hard to make/find?
Here's two I whipped up of Taka. Sorry they're so plain.
mBL4cno.jpg

6IVihCy.jpg

I didn't make these next two. The first one was posted earlier in the thread. (I'm not sure by who), and the second one, of the DanganRonpa 2 cast, was made by Labrys.
AdVHtg3.jpg

LPD60qR.jpg

Here's two I whipped up of Taka. Sorry they're so plain.

I didn't make these next two. The first one was posted earlier in the thread. (I'm not sure by who), and the second one, of the DanganRonpa 2 cast, was made by Labrys.

Exactly what I was looking for and much better than I could've done. Thank you so much!

I have some free time here on my business trip, so time to drop in!

What are the last 3 from? Super nice pics! Thanks for sharing
I have absolutely no idea what they're found. I actually came across them in some /r/anime wallpaper post a while back. I wish I knew if they were inspired by anything in particular...
Your work here is much appreciated Orthodoxy. Thank you :)
Thank you, I'm glad people are enjoying the work!
orthodoxy1095, thank you very much for the Ys/Kiseki wallpapers, I really appreciate it.
You're very welcome, glad you liked what I had!
Hey anyone have any good Hellsing or Xenosaga 3 wallpapers? I'm not too picky, so I don't care who's in it.
Honestly couldn't find too much of either. If you've got anything in mind tell me. Xenosaga I saw no good images, and I'm too unfamiliar with Hellsing to know what constitutes good stuff. So here's just one. Sorry
kKyjWUd.jpg

Anyone got some good FLCL wallpapers?
Whadda ya know, I had some of these already!
2NkBwZ6.jpg

HOXWbEC.jpg

qeInrf1.jpg

LWRgeWP.jpg

This topic is amazing, I don't know why I didn't come here sooner. So many good pictures, good god. I'm even feeling bad for using the default black screen as a wallpaper...
because I am a lazy bastard.

Haha, thanks, you really did an awesome job in this thread. I already downloaded a bunch of them, and will change mine soon.
Appreciate it! I'm only really continuing all the awesome work the people did before me for like 30 pages of posts! I just wanted to make sure this thread didn't die, and that we still have a place to share these wallpapers and stuff!

Anyways, I'm free again, late at night here on my trip. Probably should be asleep, or trying to sleep, but I'll post another tiny batch. Change of pace from the usual, no "characters" or anything special. Just some nice landscapes.
KONjWH1.jpg

gZhKlDJ.jpg

zy1hX4X.jpg

mUET9on.jpg

cc3n73p.jpg

8VnOOle.jpg

Peace out VITA brothers and sisters!

I may be missing some, but there's about a gazillion pages that I've been looking through so I figured I'd just ask. Anyone have One Piece wallpapers here? Or Jet Set Radio/Future. Or Smash Bros? I've got some images but I don't know exactly how to make them work on my vita, unless I totally missed a thing that'll show me how to fix them.

co1onel

I may be missing some, but there's about a gazillion pages that I've been looking through so I figured I'd just ask. Anyone have One Piece wallpapers here? Or Jet Set Radio/Future. Or Smash Bros? I've got some images but I don't know exactly how to make them work on my vita, unless I totally missed a thing that'll show me how to fix them.

Just resize them to 960x544 and they should be fine.

Mephala

Since I saved so many pics from here I decided to give some back. I am not about to post all of them since I am far too lazy for that but here are a couple that I liked.

Here is a list of stuff my album includes
  • Nier
  • Dead or Alive
  • Fire Emblem
  • Tactics Ogre
  • Bravely Default
  • Monster Hunter
  • God Eater
  • Mount & Blade Warband
  • Muramasa
  • Guild Wars 2
  • Guilty Gear
  • Nintendo characters
  • Katawa Shoujo

Here are some samples.
ixT0urG.png

PWZOzJN.png

zVqjUB9.png

8HjfCUd.png

UKNKohZ.png

Q5zmXEI.png

x5q9rKi.png

ttMp6lI.png

0jrxBIc.png

vQrvDvT.png

AsRqyoZ.png

3lXfbCO.png

b3W9KII.png

xF4LXQm.png

Not sure if NSFW or not.
NSFW MH?
NSFW DoA?
Ringabel is never safe for work. At least not when I play.

Here is my failed attempt at one of those cool multi-part walls. orz

And the rest. (68 total, but some are just +zippers)

Fake Edit. Now that I'm looking at the pics online. I notice a lot of small errors. I'm too lazy to fix them. Like the offending blip or random pixels here or the irritating white line at the bottom of this pic.
Like a noob I forgot about the clock. In retrospect i really should have moved the characters up. Some of the ones with white backgrounds I intended to make transparent but got too lazy... I'll do better next time.

Groof

Appreciate it! I'm only really continuing all the awesome work the people did before me for like 30 pages of posts! I just wanted to make sure this thread didn't die, and that we still have a place to share these wallpapers and stuff!

Anyways, I'm free again, late at night here on my trip. Probably should be asleep, or trying to sleep, but I'll post another tiny batch. Change of pace from the usual, no "characters" or anything special. Just some nice landscapes.
[snip]
Peace out VITA brothers and sisters!

Holy shit these are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks!

The recent surge of activity in here has been so good. Thank you all for your contributions!

I really wish you could swipe from one wallpaper to the next continuously instead of one wallpaper disappearing and then another reappearing.

Doombear

I really wish you could swipe from one wallpaper to the next continuously instead of one wallpaper disappearing and then another reappearing.

I couldn't agree more. The fade, though only a few seconds, is the main reason I simply can't stand to segmented wallpapers.

Reposting this for top of page too... in case anyone wanted them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Been quite a while since I have changed my backgrounds (from my Monster Hunter BGRs) but here are a few that I sized recently from Ghibli artwork...

And a lockscreen from Stranger of Sword City, because the artwork from this game is stunning, but I don't have enough clean pieces of art created to make my 8-9 backgrounds... yet.

Renpatsu

And a lockscreen from Stranger of Sword City, because the artwork from this game is stunning, but I don't have enough clean pieces of art created to make my 8-9 backgrounds... yet.
My lockscreen has been barren since I bought my Vita, but I think I'll change that starting with this. Thanks.

Top Bottom