• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I HAD AN IDEA

What if you bought 200 4gb cards and put them in a bowl of cereal/milk and called them Memory Bits?

GENIUS!

Plastic-O's?

Good news for us Gabachos and Gringos here in the U.S. Best Buy honored the Canadian coupon for a free copy of Uncharted with the first edition bundle. They said they would when I pre-ordered and they kept their word.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Damn the transfer speed is slower than what I would want it to be! HURRY UP GAMES!

I have 3 PSV and 4 PSP games transferring.

Mrbob

How does Near work? Do you need wifi, or is there a separate wireless signal in the Vita Near reads from?

Good news for us Gabachos and Gringos here in the U.S. Best Buy honored the Canadian coupon for a free copy of Uncharted with the first edition bundle. They said they would when I pre-ordered and they kept their word.

Probably a YMMV situation, but a sweet deal for you!

krae_man

Got my Vita!
DSCN3151.jpg

And now crazy comparrison photos:

DSCN3158.jpg
DSCN3157.jpg
DSCN3156.jpg

DSCN3155.jpg
DSCN3153.jpg
DSCN3152.jpg

DSCN3154.jpg

Chiggs

Gold Member
Getting ready to apply the screen protector. Running the shower at full blast to generate enough steam for the bathroom.

Wish me luck!

bigace33

I'm right there with you, buddy. My first child is due March 1st. Vita is releasing just in time as I think my console playing days will extremely limited.
Congrats to both of you guys. I had my fist child on July 31st 2009. My console time was cut down some, but noway near as much as I expected. At this point my boy is infatuated with gaming. He goes absolutely bonkers when I fire up NBA 2K12. Can't wait till he's old enough to play me competitive in games. :^P

Is their no way to watch youtube videos on this thing yet?

OT: What do the FEB adopters think about the case? I can barely fit that thing in my pockets!

I can't fit that thing in a pocket. It's huge. I like it though. It's not like the system is made for a pocket.

Just got mine, one stuck pixel right in the middle just above center.
Oh no. :( I'm really sorry to hear that man, what a bummer.

I hope this isn't a major issue. My PSP-3000 has 3 dead pixels (2 green, 1 blue) and just knowing that they're there kind of bothers me, although I have learned to deal with it. If my Vita came with one I would probably try to get it replaced though, I don't feel like dealing with that again. (I know, first world problems)

Much worse in my case, my PS3 downloads are comparable to 360.

Crap, hope it's not as bad as the PS3 is for me. It took almost five minutes to download a 44mb patch the other day, lol.

Getting ready to apply the screen protector. Running the shower at full blast to generate enough steam for the bathroom.

Wish me luck!

Geez, that's required for the protectors? Yeah, I'm returning mine now.

Midou

Picked mine up this morning.

Buttons and analogs could feel better but still work well.

UI could look better, but runs pretty sexy fast.

Hot Shots Golf is pretty awesome, graphically and content wise.

Bought a PSP game to see how that all goes too. Though it's lunar so it's not like it should make a huge graphical difference.

So I got my Vita unpacked, got the screen saver applied without incident (thank you, Sony!) and ran setup without any problems (just told it no, I don't want to sign into my PSN account right now first time through and had no problems - thank you, GAF). After the firmware update I brought Metal Slug Anthology down off my download list and tried it and it was beautiful (great D-pad, btw), then I installed Escape Plan and Super Stardust Delta off my PS3 and that went smoothly...

...then I dropped in Uncharted and spent an hour playing it, and I've just come up long enough to say OMFG, I can't believe I'm playing this game on a handheld!

PSP launch did this to me the first time I saw Ridge Racer on it... Before that, I think it was the Lynx that blew me away with Blue Lightning... I'm awed... this system is a game changer...

gotta go play somemore...

Twenty people playing nearby in the Yonge and Lawrence area of Toronto!!!
I got nine or ten from Orleans (Eastern suburb of Ottawa) - which frankly kinda surprised me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom