• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird I just bought a 3DS case on ebay and it smelled HORRIBLE. For the past couple of days Ive sprayed it down with axe and left it out on my window. It smelled kind of like a type of paint but I dunno it was so strong and awful.

DBT85

Now that most of the US is alseep and the thread has slowed somewhat I'll repost this for the UK folk that'll probably miss it from 15 odd pages ago.

Vodafone confirmed to me last night that within 24 hours of topping up your 3G you'll get a code for Wipeout 2048 to download on the PSN. Those in the US trying to get SuperStardust Delta for free have to wait 30 days!

uk3G.jpg

What's the best Vita case, besides the one that comes with the FEB?

Thrustmaster VIP case is best case

Medalion

Banned
Weird I just bought a 3DS case on ebay and it smelled HORRIBLE. For the past couple of days Ive sprayed it down with axe and left it out on my window. It smelled kind of like a type of paint but I dunno it was so strong and awful.

This is why smartphones are winning, they smell better

Bumhead

Banned
UK folks, has anyone pre-ordered from Amazon before?

This is the first system launch I've ever bought from the internet rather than the high street. When can we expect Amazon to take payment and for the status to change from "Not Yet Shipped"?

I know we are still a little under a week away from launch but curious as to when the shipping ball will start rolling.

UK folks, has anyone pre-ordered from Amazon before?

This is the first system launch I've ever bought from the internet rather than the high street. When can we expect Amazon to take payment and for the status to change from "Not Yet Shipped"?

I know we are still a little under a week away from launch but curious as to when the shipping ball will start rolling.

Do you have Amazon Prime and Release-Day Delivery? They will start shipping Monday/Tuesday most likely. You order page should tell you about projected shipping and delivery dates.

Gustav

Banned
Do you have Amazon Prime and Release-Day Delivery? They will start shipping Monday/Tuesday most likely. You order page should tell you about projected shipping and delivery dates.

I'm so glad we have none of this release day delivery bullshit in germany. It simple will arrive on release day, no matter what. Don't even have to be a prime member for that.

Bebpo

Banned
Anyone know how upscaled 2d PSP games look? Tempted to get the next Super Robot Wars on digital to play on Vita rather than UMD.

Bumhead

Banned
I don't have Amazon Prime, but I did select release day shipping when I processed my order and the delivery estimates say delivery on 22nd.

Hope it arrives a day early though.. ahem!

I'm so glad we have none of this release day delivery bullshit in germany. It simple will arrive on release day, no matter what. Don't even have to be a prime member for that.

What?! I ordered from Amazon.de (Ich wohne in Berlin), I saw Standardversand as 2-3 work days, I took my Amazon Prime 1-month Trial to get it on 22nd (which I won't get as I'm out of the country, will pick it up on the 23rd).

Xander51

I just transferred Silent Hill Shattered Memories from the PS3 to the Vita, and it works well. Going to try Lego Star Wars III next. Hopefully Sony gets this PSP compatibility stuff sorted out soon.

Gustav

Banned
What?! I ordered from Amazon.de (Ich wohne in Berlin), I saw Standardversand as 2-3 work days, I took my Amazon Prime 1-month Trial to get it on 22nd (which I won't get as I'm out of the country, will pick it up on the 23rd).

Says expected delivery on the 22nd for mine. Also shipping to Berlin. Not a prime member. Always got stuff on release day or a day earlier on Amzon.

Yeah, I know. Im not really sure how this forum got me smelling my handheld and case, but here we are. Why should I care if I can only notice it from 5 millimeters away? Ugh.

Well I don't think it's weird. A lot of gamers smell their game cases after opening them. Like a new car smell type of thing.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I'm surprised there isn't a 'Sort By: Vita Friends/PS3 Friends' option in the Friends app. At its current state, it's pretty barebones. Looking forward to constant FW updates!

Shancake

The PS vita launch booklet that Sony have given Eb games state that gravity rush is a launch title on psn in australia. Everything else is accurate too. It has all the other launch games and psn games 100% right and even has the upcoming games in a seperate section...

My brother told me his Walmart store only had 2 copies of Uncharted and 6 of MvsC3 for release yesterday because all 80 vita games they had in the back warehouse was stolen by an employee.

demolitio

My brother told me his Walmart store only had 2 copies of Uncharted and 6 of MvsC3 for release yesterday because all 80 vita games they had in the back warehouse was stolen by an employee.

And you wouldn't believe how many GameStops I had to go to just to trade them all in... :p

That's more trouble than it's worth to steal all of them and try to resell them on CL or Ebay. So pointless but I guess morons will be morons...

dyergram

Now that most of the US is alseep and the thread has slowed somewhat I'll repost this for the UK folk that'll probably miss it from 15 odd pages ago.

Vodafone confirmed to me last night that within 24 hours of topping up your 3G you'll get a code for Wipeout 2048 to download on the PSN. Those in the US trying to get SuperStardust Delta for free have to wait 30 days!

uk3G.jpg

Thrustmaster VIP case is best case

I like that case but theres no where to put the games also the other looks a bit like a toy...

I finally bought one today, Woooo!

I live in JP so I could have bought it last year. But finally the US launch hype made me want to buy one. Bought no games yet. Just a carrying case and 32GB memory stick. Gonna buy everything downloadable.

First impression: Damn this is thing is HUGE compared to the PSP! And the memory card is tinsy!

Piggus

Well, I caved and bought Super Stardust Delta knowing I could get it for "free" from the AT&T deal. I'm glad I did though. Such a fun arcade style experience and it looks amazing.

Ugh, I get wrapped up in the 3DS hype last March and fall victim to its horrible launch. Same thing happening now with the Vita, only it actually has games I'd play for more than a day, but all possible funds are tied up into getting my car repaired. And school of course.

This thread is poison. Why am I here???

Bradach

Ugh, I get wrapped up in the 3DS hype last March and fall victim to its horrible launch. Same thing happening now with the Vita, only it actually has games I'd play for more than a day, but all possible funds are tied up into getting my car repaired. And school of course.

This thread is poison. Why am I here???

Beacuse you're weak... like me. I bought the 3DS at launch too and regretted it. Now instead of learning from that i'm trading in my 3DS so that i can get a Vita at launch. It's quite easy to justify / convince myself that i need a vita... but i did that too with 3DS. I'm just a gadget whore I suppose...

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Yjynx said:
Not sure if there is any English sub in it....
Sadly, it appears not after talking with local sellers here (in Singapore, selling the same version).

mrklaw said:
if you let the Vita go into sleep itself it should continue. If you press the power button to put it into sleep it'll stop.
This - I downloaded Lumines last night in sleep mode and it finished just fine - they need to work out the UI flow better on this (if power button should force a sleep with no dl or not - maybe it could go into system settings somewhere), but it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom