• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAH STOP TALKING ABOUT GOLF!

Where's my copy of Hot Shots on the PS3, dammit...

(PM sent, btw)

Just think how happy you're going to be on Wednesday without a 4Gig card and a case full of farts. Or perhaps you want a case of farts...or a case of the farts. I have no idea. Carry on.

Patapon 2 on the Vita... so good. The OLED really makes those beautiful colours pop and the amazing contrast really makes the artwork stand out more. I love the backwards compatibility. Just need a bigger memory stick for all of the PSP games I have and will have.

Just picked up a Vita... The Screen is gorgeous!
This device is exactly what I wanted from the original PSP.

Will be downloading some games to test it out...

Duffyside

Banned
Uncharted, Lumines, and Rayman. Possibly some others for Ubisoft-published games that I have no desire to try.

Ah, games I already have so didn't check. All right, thanks.

And man, people seemed totally hyped for Escape Plan when it was announced, but it seems no one's talking about it now...

Ah, games I already have so didn't check. All right, thanks.

And man, people seemed totally hyped for Escape Plan when it was announced, but it seems no one's talking about it now...

Friend of mine bought it, said it was a waste of his money. Didn't like the load times or the controls. He loves Stardust as well, but also complained about the lame pricing scheme.

Is the The 3rd birthday any good on the Vita i have $20 on PSN and this game looks interesting.

Any other good psp games under $20 i should look at?

Argyle

Someone posted earlier that it will attempt up to 10km, but he did not provide any link. ^_^

I reckon Sony will adjust the maximum distance post-launch. It should be server controlled. If there are too many hits within the current max. radius, the Near app may become awkward/congested to use. If there are too few hits, then it's boring !

In any case, the Near service will keep expanding its search range within this max limit to find enough friends and activities for you.

10km is the maximum distance I have seen (I set mine to display in miles, actually, so 6.2 miles). I don't know if I can post a screenshot, though, it seems to adjust the radius so that you have a reasonable number of hits (not too many). I saw 10km/6.2 miles in Hawaii the week after Vita launch in Japan, there was one other local gamer who had imported a machine, everyone else seemed to be Japanese tourists passing through.

If you get no hits at all, it will say "Unpopulated area discovered!" or something to that effect.

Raine

I don't want to start any console wars, but did anyone else have no idea the Vita came out today before they went on GAF? The marketing for this thing is awful.

Well it doesn't come out until Wednesday

And coming in a thread titled "Playstation Vita launch", you may not find many people with the same experience.

Ken

Haha, that explains it. I saw people posting impressions and just assumed it was out.

Maybe FEB owners are their main form of advertisement for the official launch. Oh nooooo.

Basically that minus a few missing features going by that video. The lobbies are what you saw in the pics I posted yesterday or the day before. The online is identical and very good. I don't know the entire list of differences though but it visually looks just about like that video.

I think he was asking if you could see the "shadows" of other players while you are playing, which I didn't see while playing HSG Vita online yesterday. So, as far as I know you don't see anyone else's characters on the course but your own in HSG Vita.

Argyle

Anyone know why target isn't showing ubisoft games so far?

For what little it's worth, my Target had copies of Dungeon Hunter (yay?) for sale and had empty slots for Dynasty Warriors and something else that I can't remember.

I hope they actually have stuff I want tomorrow morning.

KillerAJD

I was planning on getting Lumines and Rayman plus one other game with that Target buy 2 get 1 free deal, but I don't know what to get for the third game. I was thinking either FIFA or VT4, just because they seem like extremely good versions of their console cousins, and I've not owned and game in either sport for a very long time. I like the idea of using the backtouch in FIFA, but I think I might enjoy just the base gameplay in VT4 a bit more. Any opinions on the matter from you guys?

Sykane

Is it confirmed that GameStop is giving out 4GB memory cards with the wifi model? I know target is doing this, but I saw a few people mention GameStop was too. I cant find any info.

Basically that minus a few missing features going by that video. The lobbies are what you saw in the pics I posted yesterday or the day before. The online is identical and very good. I don't know the entire list of differences though but it visually looks just about like that video.

Yeah, from what you're describing it's all pretty much the same minus the ability to see the other people in your group on the course. That was my favorite part about the PS3 game, unfortunately.

Mideon

Had my Vita for a couple of months now and until a really killer game comes out its gathering dust. Uncharted was a big let down jaggies everywhere not really impressed with the graphics or the OLED at all. If you have seen a modern mobile phone you have seen this screen, granted its a little bigger on the vita but it's nothing new. Couldn't get near to work at all and welcome park sucks. Will try Virtua Tennis since its getting some love and FIFA but this thing really needs a killer game to lift it up like Mario Kart and Mario Land 3D did for the 3DS.

Gustav

Banned
I was planning on getting Lumines and Rayman plus one other game with that Target buy 2 get 1 free deal, but I don't know what to get for the third game. I was thinking either FIFA or VT4, just because they seem like extremely good versions of their console cousins, and I've not owned and game in either sport for a very long time. I like the idea of using the backtouch in FIFA, but I think I might enjoy just the base gameplay in VT4 a bit more. Any opinions on the matter from you guys?

I think Fifa is a more complex and more engaging experience and thus might hold your interest longer. I've played both on the consoles and can say that at least for me this held true.

It's starting to look more and more like Ubisoft games (Lumines, Rayman, MJ, etc etc) aren't going to be at Target. I hope that's wrong though since Lumines and Rayman are far and away the highest rated games at launch.

Best Buy: trade in PSP for $75 off Vita, looks like I'm getting a Vita this wednesday, I haven't touched my PSP in 2 years so I am more then happy to get $75 back lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom