• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgmo870

Banned
Had my Vita for a couple of months now and until a really killer game comes out its gathering dust. Uncharted was a big let down jaggies everywhere not really impressed with the graphics or the OLED at all. If you have seen a modern mobile phone you have seen this screen, granted its a little bigger on the vita but it's nothing new. Couldn't get near to work at all and welcome park sucks. Will try Virtua Tennis since its getting some love and FIFA but this thing really needs a killer game to lift it up like Mario Kart and Mario Land 3D did for the 3DS.

You imported the system... just to play a Western launch game... that you don't like because of the jaggies... and now your system is "collecting dust"... huh.

You're not very responsible with your money, are you?

KillerAJD

It's starting to look more and more like Ubisoft games (Lumines, Rayman, MJ, etc etc) aren't going to be at Target. I hope that's wrong though since Lumines and Rayman are far and away the highest rated games at launch.

Bah, well, here's hoping some other retailer picks up the deal. Also, it would be nice if Amazon matched the free 4gb card with the system, as it would be nice to have an extra memory card on hand.

Mideon

You imported the system... just to play a Western launch game... that you don't like because of the jaggies... and now your system is "collecting dust"... huh.

You're not very responsible with your money, are you?

Not really man, really bad with money but that's not why I'm here. Just wanted to throw my opinion out there for anyone that was looking to buy this thing solely based on Uncharted.

Purexed

Banned
The X and O confirm/cancel difference so many Vita/PSP games pushed me to get a FEB and sell off my import Vita. It has been a bigger pain in the ass than I anticipated, especially going back between the PS3 and the Vita.

The units are largely the same, but I did notice that my US Vita seems to be a little heavier. Not sure if it's the 3G antenna or whatever, but I noticed it immediately. I like the change, makes the unit feel a bit more solid. I also noticed a pretty big difference in the settings. In my import Vita, there wasn't "Auto-Start" settings like there is on the US Vita. Appears this controls apps that start when the Vita starts, which is pretty cool.

Anyways, I picked up 280 selling my JP Vita and 8GB card, and I had some store credit to secure the balance.

Also, the grips with triggers is a great buy. Playing FIFA and Uncharted with them is a better experience. Playing touch screen only games like Escape Plan feel better without the grips though. Luckily they pop on and off easily.

Purexed

Banned
Not really man, really bad with money but that's not why I'm here. Just wanted to throw my opinion out there for anyone that was looking to buy this thing solely based on Uncharted.

Curious, what chapter you get to in Uncharted? I too wasn't feeling it until about Chapter 5, and there were some genuine "wow" moments in starting around Chapter 12

Also, the grips with triggers is a great buy. Playing FIFA and Uncharted with them is a better experience. Playing touch screen only games like Escape Plan feel better without the grips though. Luckily they pop on and off easily.

Amazon has a 3-5 week wait on those and the case I want. Think it might be time to pay Gamestop a visit.

Mideon

Curious, what chapter you get to in Uncharted? I too wasn't feeling it until about Chapter 5, and there were some genuine "wow" moments in starting around Chapter 12

Think I'm on 5 now just really not had anything urge me to play more, the aiming combined with the not so amazing graphics and boring touchscreen mini games just put me off.

Called, both clerks had no idea what I was talking about. Central FL here.

they didn't know either, they called the manager and they pulled tomorrow's ad and they confirmed it, said I was good to go on Wednesday for $75 off the Vita, I traded in the PSP today

the deal starts tomorrow (or Wednesday when it comes out)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
they didn't know either, they called the manager and they pulled tomorrow's ad and they confirmed it, said I was good to go on Wednesday for $75 off the Vita, I traded in the PSP today

On the phone, gimme a sec.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member

Grah... I want to keep my PSP... $75 trade-in is really enticing though.

suikodan

Question: Is there an option to extend the delay before the PSV goes into sleep mode?

I find that the screen turns off way too quickly for my taste. If I want to put it in sleep mode, I'll do it myself. :p

Pachimari

My PlayStation Vita WiFi is on the way alongside Uncharted: Golden Abyss, WipEout 2048, ModNation Racers: Roadtrip, Everybody's Golf, Little Deviants, Reality Fighters and I'm getting vouchers for Escape Plan, Super StarDust Delta, Hustle Kings, Top Darts and the three AR games to start with.

We'll probably get FIFA, Virtua Tennis, Ridge Racer and maybe Ninja Gaiden as well. Should receive MotorStorm RC and Unit 13 next week.

All for $170 and I still can't get myself excited. I'll probably be when it arrives. :)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
3G: Near will activate GPS and save your location, and next time you connect to the net it'll show you the data from that location at that time. This is done even without 3G on and not connected to wifi.

Wifi: Near only works when you access a wifi hotspot.

This has converted me from wifi only to 3g/wifi. Even if I don't currently live in the states D:

Not true, mine still reeks of burned rubber 4 days later. The main issue is that Sony won't acknowledge that this is an issue and swap these cases out.

Yeah, same here. Mine has been sitting out since Wednesday and it's still there. I think I'm just going to get a different case as I don't even like how the Vita fits in it. A little too tight for me.

Thoraxes

See, CAG says this:

Get a Playstation Vita for as low as $149.99* When you Trade in a Select Portable Gaming Device.
*Discount determined by Trade-In value of the Handheld. It does list that the 3DS has a maximum trade-in value of $100. Not too sure if the trade-in value being bumped up for only the 3DS or for all handhelds. This is yet to be determined.

Current Trade-in Values of Handhelds (as of 2/14)
Nintendo 3DS>>>$68
Nintendo DSi XL>>>$54
Nintendo DSi>>>$45
Nintendo DS Lite>>>No Trade-in Value
Nintendo DS>>>No Trade-in Value
Sony PSP>>>$32

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I called the Spring Hill and Ocala ones. The Spring Hill one looked at the ad, the Ocala one, INCOMPETENT. Keep us posted.

Bah, don't remind me about the Ocala one. When I used to work for the company, that particular store always seemed to make my life hard for some reason. >_<;

Spy

I have 3 DSi's and a PSP Go laying around that haven't been touched in forever. Those alone could probably pretty much pay for a Vita.

Chorazin

Whew, my Vita is just fine! I guess it stopped charging overnight and died, but now it's got a full charge and working great!

Picked up the cradle at Gamestop, a little pricey at $20 but it works well.

Vita question here. Is Lumines, Lumines 2, and Kingdom Hearts on the PSN store? If so I'll buy one.

Is there anyway to see what all is on the PSN store?

Spy

Vita question here. Is Lumines, Lumines 2, and Kingdom Hearts on the PSN store? If so I'll buy one.

Is there anyway to see what all is on the PSN store?

None of the games you listed are on the PSN store. I'm really disappointed that Phantasy Star Portable, Monster Hunter Freedom (first game), Kingdom Hearts, and Mega Man Powered Up are not on the PSN store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom