• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
FYI, GS is only carrying 16GB at the time and not showing the 32GB. I tried pre ordering but I couldn't I'm just getting it shipped with release date delivery alongside HSG and Wipeout so no biggie.

I FINALLY put the cash down on the 1st edition and for g35, 2 clerks told me in this separate GS that they should be upgrading 1st editions to 8GB cards. Got 190 in PSN funds as well. So ready.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Gamestop impressions!

Off the bat: holy crap this screen is big, and holy crap it's gorgeous. Dat screen is so, so good.

The controls are all smaller than I had expected. I like the clicky feel of all the buttons, though the start/select ones could have been beveled up a little bit more. Then again, maybe it was hard to reach since the clamp for the Vita demo station was right near the buttons.

I initially didn't like the thumbsticks when I gave them a spin randomly in the main menu. They have hardly any analog give to them, and I was worried on how they'd perform in a game. My fears were gone as I played though Gravity Rush, and it felt fantastic to get some dual stick action on the handheld. Much, much better than the slide pad/psp nub. However, it'll be interesting to see how well it works with a first person shooter.

Wipeout: yeah, a really gorgeous game that's just as much fun to play as any of the other Wipeouts. I only played one lap as I wanted to get to the other games, but it felt awesome.

Uncharted: unfortunately the Vita was on Demo Mode, so any time you hopped out of the game into the main OS, the game would reset. After waiting a bit for the game to load, I accidentally pressed the Home button instead of start and the whole demo reset, so I wasn't able to play the game. Ah well, I'm buying it anyways.

Escape Plan: pretty nifty controls, loved the atmosphere, definitely picking it up.

Gravity Daze: the most impressive of the demos. Loved the controls and the game was great to look at. I think this could easily be the best game on Vita's launch day if the demo is anything to go by.

Hot Shots: fun as it's ever been, but man are those graphics in need of some polish. The graphics have never been the series' strongsuit, but after experiencing all of those awesome games it was hard to watch this one. :p

Cant wait for the system.

KillGore

I think the lack of multiplayer on the vita version is a HUGE mistake. Hopefully Bend patches it in.

I didn't play much of the multiplayer in U2 and I haven't touched the one in U3, I think the single player experience is worth it for this series, to each their own of course.

LiquidMetal14

HAHAH Chubigans, I couldn't bring myself but to boot up Virtua Tennis 4 and as soon as I got to serve, I put it down. It's only a little bigger than a PSP and was light as hell. Very sleek and high tech.

Ran rp

GAF, I don't know if I should pull the trigger on this deal or not. Is Lockerz legit? And if it is, does anyone know how long it takes for them to ship an order?

UberTag

In my order details, the delivery estimate is Feb 10 2012, so maybe they will ship the vita anyway :p (yea i m a dreamer:)

Mine still quotes a delivery estimate of tomorrow. I'm not as much of a dreamer as you are. I should have went with free shipping like JeFfRey instead of paid priority .
Perhaps I spoke too soon.
You can still dream, Djin1979... my Vita order just switched to SHIPPED.
Turns out it shipped out at 4:30pm this afternoon. Amazon.ca just took their time updating my order status.

VitaEnRoute.jpg

patsu

FYI, GS is only carrying 16GB at the time and not showing the 32GB. I tried pre ordering but I couldn't I'm just getting it shipped with release date delivery alongside HSG and Wipeout so no biggie.

I FINALLY put the cash down on the 1st edition and for g35, 2 clerks told me in this separate GS that they should be upgrading 1st editions to 8GB cards. Got 190 in PSN funds as well. So ready.

What can't you preorder the 32Gb ? I had mine pre-ordered. Did they tell you they are out, or they are not accepting pre-order for it ?

Carl

PSY・S;34965620 said:
GAF, I don't know if I should pull the trigger on this deal or not. Is Lockerz legit? And if it is, does anyone know how long it takes for them to ship an order?

It's legit but buggered if i know how long they take to post

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR

Nice, well I switched mine back to FEB lol, mainly since I have a 16gb now and I have a 32gb paid off already. The 32gb is the only one they havent received so I'm curious on why.
I already used my PSN money to buy Wipeout and Hot Shots Golf and Stardust. Also, how in the hell did you get $190 topped to your SEN account? Mine topped out about $160ish

Captain N

Nice, well I switched mine back to FEB lol, mainly since I have a 16gb now and I have a 32gb paid off already. The 32gb is the only one they havent received so I'm curious on why.
I already used my PSN money to buy Wipeout and Hot Shots Golf and Stardust. Also, how in the hell did you get $190 topped to your SEN account? Mine topped out about $160ish

Did someone say Flip Flop?

Ran rp

It's legit but buggered if i know how long they take to post
The product page says preorders ship within 24 hrs of release date.

:0 Thanks guys, guess I'm getting a 3G/WiFi unit after all. And for $10 less than a WiFi unit (not including tax). I guess it won't be the launch bundle though. Edit: Never mind, I can't read. This excitement is making me a little reckless.

dantehemi

I'm looking to buy some vita games on eBay, is the vita region locked or do games from anywhere work on the device.... In north America, will a European game work in a NA system

btkadams

I'm looking to buy some vita games on eBay, is the vita region locked or do games from anywhere work on the device.... In north America, will a European game work in a NA system
they're region-free but any dlc is region-locked. i'm assuming online passes would be region locked too since they are technically dlc.

Hex

Banned
I sadly canceled my Amazon preorders today.
Have decided to wait and see what comes.
Still stinging from the 3DS bullshit.

DemonNite

the sony employee deal was too good to pass up.

now my valentines day is going to be spent playing Stardust and staring at Marvel hitboxes.

lol we just got our deals too in the UK. Not bad at all but I bet it's nothing compared to the dollar rates!

I'll still grab a few games though ;)

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Some of the flip-flopping in this thread is hilarious to read. Man, some of you guys can be insanely indecisive. lol.

I haven't paid off any of my stuff yet, but it's finalized, and the only change I made was back when the 3G/WiFi launch bundle was revealed, and I learned it included an 8gig card, so I cancelled my 16GB card, since I won't need anything larger than 8gigs for the foreseeable future.

I'm teasing about the flip-flopping, but it's still amusing to me!

Tailer

they're region-free but any dlc is region-locked. i'm assuming online passes would be region locked too since they are technically dlc.

Wait so you mean if I buy a game from NA that has online capability's I won't be able to play the game online using an European account?
Edit: I guess i will cancel my pre-order on blazblue then :(, if that's the case.

Salaadin

So I ended up cancelling my HSG preorder on Amazon and paid the 6 extra bucks for the digital version on PSN. I had HSG digital on PSP and those games are just so nice to have for quick bursts or long sessions. I want it with me wherever I go.

Cant wait to try out the online in it too. Itll be my first time playing HSG online. You guys think there will be a decent gaf community for it? Im not the best at the game but Id like to try it out at least.

I stuck with my Wipeout preorder on Amazon and also nabbed Super Stardust Delta. 24 bucks left in my wallet and some of that might go to Escape Plan. Havent made up my mind yet.

Between all of those games, I think Ill be set for a while.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Did someone say Flip Flop?

haha I knew it was coming!

Some of the flip-flopping in this thread is hilarious to read. Man, some of you guys can be insanely indecisive. lol.

I haven't paid off any of my stuff yet, but it's finalized, and the only change I made was back when the 3G/WiFi launch bundle was revealed, and I learned it included an 8gig card, so I cancelled my 16GB card, since I won't need anything larger than 8gigs for the foreseeable future.

I'm teasing about the flip-flopping, but it's still amusing to me!

lol If Sony would make up their damn mind about what they are giving away with what bundles I would have stuck to one lol.
I want it all brand new socks and draws.

LiquidMetal14

What can't you preorder the 32Gb ? I had mine pre-ordered. Did they tell you they are out, or they are not accepting pre-order for it ?
I'm not even sure why they told me it wasn't there. Like I said, I just went and added it with HSG and Wipeout so I should get them all on the 15th. I would have bought it outright if it was there.
I didn't add it all at once. I knew there was like a 150 or so limit so I added 40, bought the PS1 and PSP games we discussed and then added the other 150. Ended getting like 4 PS1 games, Legend of Heroes TitS, Ys 1&2, and SS Delta. I got LoH, Ys and Stardust DL'ing now

UberTag

Peace Walker and Portable Ops are not available.
From memory none of the prices have changed.

Somewhat surprised that Peace Walker isn't showing up.
I wonder if it will show up under Download History for those of us who've already purchased it digitally.
Then again, that would imply one could purchase it new via PS3 and then download it that way.
Especially weird given that Peace Walker was demoed on Japanese Vitas.

Somewhat surprised that Peace Walker isn't showing up.
I wonder if it will show up under Download History for those of us who've already purchased it digitally.
Then again, that would imply one could purchase it new via PS3 and then download it that way.
Especially weird given that Peace Walker was demoed on Japanese Vitas.

If it is on the download history and is not compatible, it cannot be downloaded.

Wasn't Brave Story removed from PSN altogether because a license expired?

edit: Yes - it was

Glad that it is on my download history. Saddened that i cannot play it on my vita.

Edit 3: Browsing the psp selection from my vita. And most of the games are less than $20. There are just some exceptions.

it sucks that a lot of the big releases are not compatible (yet?), they are games I missed out on not owning a psp which i wanted to try at least on the vita :(

phantasy star portable I hardly knew ye'...

daffy

Banned
Wait so you mean if I buy a game from NA that has online capability's I won't be able to play the game online using an European account?
Edit: I guess i will cancel my pre-order on blazblue then :(, if that's the case.

Blazblue Vita does not have an online pass as far as I know. So far it is Sony games I think..

The official "Protective Film" has got me wondering. Does this thing have a type of fortified glass a la any decent modern smartphone? Or could someone who knows not to store it in the same pocket as keys potentially scratch this thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom