• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Friend got to go through Superhot VR. Echoing others that its awesome but really shows all of the issues PSVR has.
https://youtu.be/F9Q6GFhPex8

The only tracking issue I had was related to the camera not covering my feet, that made it impossible to pick certain things up. But it was easily adjusted. All games should have a camera check to make sure the space needed by the game is in the cameras FOV.

I did have trouble with the throwing motion detection though. But that's a game dev issue rather than a PSVR tracking problem. I could throw cans/bottles fine, but you throw Ninja stars and hammers differently, but the game doesn't seem to handle the wrist flick motion. It's also unfortunate that the trigger isn't used for grabbing/letting go. Using the move button, is less intuitive.

FingerBang

Farpoint and the shooting controller were never restocked in Japan. The price is going up, now people are trying to sell it for 20000 yen.

Congratulations Sony on keep fucking up in this (already shitty because of the scalpers culture) country.

got the fifth highest score on Classic mode in Polybius, but it never got uploaded to the leaderboards. not saved even locally, which is just bizarre.

feels bad man :(

thankfully there's the restart option, and i can try again.. but it only allows me to continue from level 49? why not 50? i unlocked it and beat it, saw the credits and everything. i don't get it.

MattAces

GIF montage

Yes, at the beginning of the game you can ”only" roam the entire Earth (from the bottom of the ocean to the stratosphere) looking for threats.
BackAromaticLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

Later this freedom of movement will increase when you will be able to fly to the Moon or walk across the surface of the Sun. Which is not a standard in the FPS genre.
PointlessValidFly-size_restricted.gif

With it, flying around an alien mothership several kilometers in size conveys a remarkable sense of scale and danger.
PleasingSerpentineGoat-size_restricted.gif

RealisticPlayfulGreathornedowl-size_restricted.gif

InsecureHonorableBoa-size_restricted.gif

WhoppingArcticAnkole-size_restricted.gif

CyberChulo

How do you start a new game in SuperHot after you've finished it? Is the only way to just delete your save file? I believe I've tried every disk and once I finish a level, it just kicks me back to the stage selection screen.

kinggroin

Banned
How do you start a new game in SuperHot after you've finished it? Is the only way to just delete your save file? I believe I've tried every disk and once I finish a level, it just kicks me back to the stage selection screen.

There's a reset progress disk in the far right

...at least on PC version

MattAces

Intruders: Hide and Seek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgGK6243ms

https://twitter.com/tesserastudios
Intruders: Hide and Seek, a first person stealth psychological horror game for PlayStation® 4 #VR.
Intruders is a first person stealth VR game highly focused on storytelling. You are in control of Ben, a 12/13 yo who's enjoying some quality time with his parents and his little sister when suddenly three psychopaths break into their mansion and hold his family as hostages. Our mission will be moving around the house unnoticed in order to help our family to survive through the night. As we keep playing, the script unravels itself showing us the different personalities of all the characters, and the relationships among them.

linterna.gif

decisiones.gif

minijuego_panico.gif

https://www.playstarter.es/proyecto/intruders-hide-and-seek

Kyolux

Yay more stressful games.

I'll pass. But it looks interesting to watch someone else play it.

Glad Obduction is coming soon. That's more my pace.

Megaton Rainfall... wut

looked like the craziest fucking thing ever. wow. if they deliver on it, i'll be in powertrip heaven..

who the hell is making it? seems super ambitious.. whats their track record?

I ordered those Mantis clip-on earphones, should be delivered tomorrow. Really curious to try them out.

Don't get too excited... I have them and I'm seriously considering returning them. They are so weak and flat that you loose a lot of the experience VR should give you. The only reason why I'm thinking of keeping them is because of the convenience it brings when giving demos to people. But even then I feel like I'd be doing PSVR a disservice using them.

They were so close to being good, just falls way too short. How has every review said they are good is beyond me. They suck at their primary purpose: supply sound to the experience.

So now that I have the AIM controller coming, which games should I get? Arizona Sunshine (seems a bit pricey)? The Brickhaven Experiment? Dick Wilde?

Don't get too excited... I have them and I'm seriously considering returning them. They are so weak and flat that you loose a lot of the experience VR should give you. The only reason why I'm thinking of keeping them is because of the convenience it brings when giving demos to people. But even then I feel like I'd be doing PSVR a disservice using them.

They were so close to being good, just falls way too short. How has every review said they are good is beyond me. They suck at their primary purpose: supply sound to the experience.
Yeah I'm sending mine back too, sadly. Cord management is a nightmare since the cords aren't long enough to go around the back, and somehow it really altered the weight distribution of the headset for me and made it very uncomfortable to wear. It's a nice idea but the execution just isn't there for me. My Sony Platinum headphones are way more comfortable, I've found.

So now that I have the AIM controller coming, which games should I get? Arizona Sunshine (seems a bit pricey)? The Brickhaven Experiment? Dick Wilde?

I've got both Brookhaven and Dick Wilde and I prefer the latter by some distance. I really don't like the 180 flip you have to do all the time on Brookhaven, I just can't react properly when there's something behind and left of me then it's suddenly front right! Dick Wilde is just a lot of fun both with the moves and the aim control - you have to move around a lot tho to dodge incoming projectiles.

Finally picked up the bundle tonight at GameStop. It came with the headset, camera, 2 move controllers and a game (blood drive) I think. Have not opened as it's late, I got a 3 year old, and I am off for 9 days straight after Friday.

So I have a man cave with a PS4 regular and a sony 3d tv

My living room has the ps4pro and a sony tv.

Thinking on putting it in the regular tv as it really shouldn't matter and it offers a more private experience. Is putting it in the regular PS4 and not the pro ok tho?

I've got both Brookhaven and Dick Wilde and I prefer the latter by some distance. I really don't like the 180 flip you have to do all the time on Brookhaven, I just can't react properly when there's something behind and left of me then it's suddenly front right! Dick Wilde is just a lot of fun both with the moves and the aim control - you have to move around a lot tho to dodge incoming projectiles.

I bought Dick Wilde(along with a ton of other psvr games) a week ago and played it once. I kept getting hit with goo that fish were spitting at me and I figured the game was just too hard and a bit crap.
I feel pretty dumb now for not realising I should have been physically moving to avoid them :p

This is what happens when you split your vr time between Gear VR and PSVR.

Is putting it in the regular PS4 and not the pro ok tho?

I recently upgraded, but haven't noticed a staggering difference, but the screen is still the limiting factor.

I do recall seeing Arizona Sunshine has severely limited draw distance on base PS4 though.

most games do look better on Pro, as it does add detail and sharpness to the visuals. almost like magically getting better resolution.
highly recommend using the Pro on PSVR.

MattAces

I don't know why I'm expecting a god damn content update and episode 2.
Seriously what's the point of this V3 update, add some new damn levels already.

20638961_1989856381225727_7944515530057083364_n.jpg

KORNdoggy

How are they going to manage this destruction at 60fps when DriveclubVR had to have shrubbery dialed back, and Crackdown needs the cloud?

All that with the apparent scope of NMS...

That seems... unlikely.

i imagine the world is procedural and the destruction and engine is voxel based. so it probably has more in common with resogun or nex machina in terms of it's engine than it does something traditional like driveclub.

Synth

i imagine the world is procedural and the destruction and engine is voxel based. so it probably has more in common with resogun or nex machina in terms of it's engine than it does something traditional like driveclub.

It doesn't make sense to compare with Crackdown either, because the buildings you topple in Crackdown aren't effectively Jenga blocks textured to look like a building. Whilst standing, it's an actual functioning building with interiors support structures, and stuff like elevators stairs etc that make then navigable. The destruction takes all that into account, along with the players inside them, and anything they may be destroying at the same time. You're basically bringing down what could be an actual map in a more linear corridor based game.

bumpkin

I don't know why I'm expecting a god damn content update and episode 2.
Seriously what's the point of this V3 update, add some new damn levels already.

20638961_1989856381225727_7944515530057083364_n.jpg
I still haven't played more than the first level of this game. My play area isn't big enough for me to stand and be able to duck and move and stuff.

Do 3D Blu-Ray movies work on PSVR, I hear MKV files are not supported? Is there any way of knowing if the movie will work?

I couldn't find a good answer to this using google so hoping someone here has experience with getting 3D playback working.

Top Bottom