• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Glix

I played Moss yesterday and had a nice chat with the devs. Sadly, somehow, Sony didn't include them in their public area setup, they themselves were told just a few weeks ago. They had to settle for a small booth in the business area, but the masses will never see them there sadly - which is a shame, because it is easily the best PSVR game on the floor IMHO. Before getting hands-on, I was tied between The Inpatient and Moss, but after trying both, the choice is quite clear.

The Inpatient is very rough, many graphical errors that clearly are not on purpose for disorientation effects. Textures and shadows popping in and out, stuff like that. The demo has bad pacing, letting you do almost nothing for 10 minutes - that will be fine at home, but on the show floor, it is a bad choice. I'm sure they will get that sorted out and the game will probably be extremely good in the end.

But Moss was a blast already. It is quite polished, and the graphical quality is on par with what the Inpatient will be when the rendering bugs are fixed. Resolution is quite pleasing on both (running on Pro). And the animations of Moss are excellent, making that little mouse very lifelike, controls are tight, everything felt just right. A video of my playthrough (sadly low quality with a small part of the screen cut off) is upcoming today - a more detailled preview (in German, you'll probably have to read it translated) will follow in the coming days.

EDIT: Moss off-screen complete demo walkthrough https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X72f4nqx0q8

Yeah, on my Pro, Rush of Blood has all kinds of weird shadowing issues.

Heartfyre

Got the Farpoint bundle from GameStop in Ireland last week (still in stock if there are any interested Irish GAFfers looking) and I wasn't prepared for how big the controller is nor how well Farpoint uses it. Some very memorable VR experiences have been had with the yoke -- recommended at RRP!

Turkoop

Banned
Play Bravo Team today with another mate via local-coop.
It made a lot of fun, but repetitive, no other weapons just a assault rifle. resolution was blurry and the whole game looked not stable.
Hope they will polish this.
Played with Aim Controller.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
It made a lot of fun, but repetitive, no other weapons just a assault rifle. resolution was blurry and the whole game looked not stable.

Where did you play this? At the convention?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I played Moss yesterday and had a nice chat with the devs. Sadly, somehow, Sony didn't include them in their public area setup, they themselves were told just a few weeks ago. They had to settle for a small booth in the business area, but the masses will never see them there sadly - which is a shame, because it is easily the best PSVR game on the floor IMHO. Before getting hands-on, I was tied between The Inpatient and Moss, but after trying both, the choice is quite clear.

The Inpatient is very rough, many graphical errors that clearly are not on purpose for disorientation effects. Textures and shadows popping in and out, stuff like that. The demo has bad pacing, letting you do almost nothing for 10 minutes - that will be fine at home, but on the show floor, it is a bad choice. I'm sure they will get that sorted out and the game will probably be extremely good in the end.

But Moss was a blast already. It is quite polished, and the graphical quality is on par with what the Inpatient will be when the rendering bugs are fixed. Resolution is quite pleasing on both (running on Pro). And the animations of Moss are excellent, making that little mouse very lifelike, controls are tight, everything felt just right. A video of my playthrough (sadly low quality with a small part of the screen cut off) is upcoming today - a more detailled preview (in German, you'll probably have to read it translated) will follow in the coming days.

EDIT: Moss off-screen complete demo walkthrough https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X72f4nqx0q8

Moss looks so good.

The Inpatient is my most hyped. A slow psychological exploration game with full locomotion. I'm sure they will fix all bugs and make a great experience. I trust Supermassive.

nampad

Do you have 2 moves?
If yes buy Batman and Rush of Blood.
If not
Buy Resident Evil 7 and Robinson (many will disagree, I liked it though...)

Also download the "demo disc" to find out what you could like (be aware the games are no Pro patched)

And download Playroom VR in any case, it's free and it's a lot of fun (you will need at least a friend to play it, only one game inside to play alone)

Fuck Crytek on not delivering the Move patch for Robinson.

Joystick

With Obduction releasing in a few days there's a new PS Blog interview/discussion between Jonathan Blow and Rand Miller. Not much on VR, just the following, but interesting to read a bit about the puzzle design and interaction.

Interestingly, I feel like VR throws more challenges into this discussion – looking around is so natural and effortless, having the player look in a particular direction for a short time can feel like keeping the attention of a three year old. It’ll be interesting to see how our design evolves to embrace this.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...game-design-with-myst-co-creator-rand-miller/

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Finally! Was able to get one, thanks.

Wicked! Glad to hear it.

I just got my PSVR a couple of weeks ago and was dying to find one of these. I was losing hope for a while there.

All props go to MiketheBSG above who just said they were available on Amazon US because it made me check CA. Thanks, bud.

Wehrwolf

This person said it does. I've never played it.

Planet

"Local" as in you and your friend get a PS4 (Pro) each, including full PSVR setup. I was there this week, I saw the setup (but walked past it to play The Inpatient and Skyrim VR), and I met Turkoop. :)

Wehrwolf

Yeah, I figured it out eventually. I was only asking in the first place because I was surprised that the game had it (which it doesn't in the way I thought)

Just interested in local coop stuff as there hasn't been that much other than on one of the early discs (the worlds one iirc) and Keep Talking and Noone Explodes.

Just interested in local coop stuff as there hasn't been that much other than on one of the early discs (the worlds one iirc) and Keep Talking and Noone Explodes.

Statik has a (hidden, for some reason) local co-op mode using the PS app on a smartphone/tablet. Not tried it, but apparently there are puzzles you solve between the PSVR player and the player using the app.

Yeah, I figured it out eventually. I was only asking in the first place because I was surprised that the game had it (which it doesn't in the way I thought)

You're probably thinking of Playroom VR (rather than PlayStation VR Worlds). Lots of asynchronous local
play there.

Statik and Tumble VR have local co-op and Pixel Gear has local competitive play.

Planet

Next upcoming game with local "co-op" is The Persistence, but you need to use the second screen app for it. And it is "co-op" because the game will give the second player some strong incentives to sometimes make the life for the VR player a bit harder - could be fun, but horror is not for everyone. I know I don't have a suitable candidate at home for this... :'(
and Tumble VR have local co-op
Sadly, no. Was hoping for that as well, but it is just the TV player being able to mess with your construction. Rather lame attempt at it, not worth your time, but the singleplayer game is otherwise fine.

"Local" as in you and your friend get a PS4 (Pro) each, including full PSVR setup. I was there this week, I saw the setup (but walked past it to play The Inpatient and Skyrim VR), and I met Turkoop. :)

That's not really what is referred to as "local" though, that's Online, Local is one machine and same screen.

In that case, Farpoint co-op I believe are the challenges which are quite fun and a race against time.

Planet

Farpoint co-op doesn't have a time limit like challenge mode. But AFAIK you can run the co-op maps in challenge mode (alone) now.

MattAces

Tethered for $9.99 on the US flash sale.

Any thoughts on the game? How much content is there? Is it worth $10?

It's great. It's the most challenging/in depth god game on PSVR, unfortunately every stages felt rather samey. You can play the game in many style and it's a pretty long game. Each island will take 30mins~1 hour and there's quite a lot of island.
My only problem with the game aside from every island felt the same, is how stressful it can be. When you ignore one of your cute little worker for too long, they will suicide. Yes, suicide. Else, great music, great sound effect, great gameplay. I have to get back into this game soon, they added PSMove support and halfway checkpoint.

Kyolux

So was Rollercoaster dreams any good? Like does it give that same coaster feeling from Rush of blood when going down fast, etc?

RavageX

My Farpoint bundle arrived yesterday from Best Buy, Was $63 with the Gamer's Club membership, they still might have some online.

Has there been any news on more Aim focused games?

Would be a shame for it not to be used a lot, it's quite nice.

ALSO....WHERE IS A BOXING GAME???

I'm seriously itching for one! Someone HAS to be making one....

Joystick

EU PS Blog posted the following today:

16 free PlayStation VR games, experiences & demos you can play right now

What’s more, you don’t need to actually open your wallet to enjoy some of these titles – there’s a wealth of free content available right now for you to discover and enjoy – including full games, VR experiences, and demos.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...mes-experiences-demos-you-can-play-right-now/

No surprises in there but it's good to see them highlight some free stuff to get people interested.

If you want a bigger list of all the free stuff see here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=241844484#post241844484

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Farpoint bundles are now in stock near me at major retailers. Seems like they finally restocked. Looking forward to playing this tonight/tomorrow.

bumpkin

Speaking of Flash sale prices, a handful of PSVR games are on sale right now. Here's the prices I can see because I don't already own them...

Ace Banana: $4.49 (reg $14.99)
Catlateral Damage: $3.99 (reg $9.99)
DYING: Reborn VR: $3.99 (reg $9.99)
DYING: Reborn Ultimate Bundle: $9.99 (reg $24.99)
Mervils: $13.99 (reg $19.99)
Moto Racer 4: $9.99 (reg $39.99)
NBA 2KVR Experience: $2.99 (reg $14.99)
Oasis Games Shooter VR Bundle: $7.49 (reg $24.99)
Paranormal Activity: $29.99 (reg $39.99)
Pixel Gear: $3.29 (reg $10.99)
Rollercoaster Dreams: $5.99 (reg $19.99)
Time Machine: $9.89 (reg $29.99)
Unearthing Mars: $5.99 (reg $14.99)
Weeping Doll: $2.99 (reg $9.99)

Are any of these games worth getting?

Burglekutt

Speaking of Flash sale prices, a handful of PSVR games are on sale right now. Here's the prices I can see because I don't already own them...

I can tell you that Time Machine is not worth it. Its a glorified model viewer with about 15 species in it. Several of the species look the same as each other with a few modifications.

valeu

no.....paranormal might be ok when the 'ds4 w smooth turning patch' comes out but right now it's a frustrating broken mess with moves.....some people like pixel gear but dick wilde is a better shooting gallery imo....people swear by mervils as an old school mario fix. for me it felt like a coin-collecting waste of time

no.....paranormal might be ok when the 'ds4 w smooth turning patch' comes out but right now it's a frustrating broken mess with moves.....some people like pixel gear but dick wilde is a better shooting gallery imo....people swear by mervils as an old school mario fix. for me it felt like a coin-collecting waste of time

I disagree on paranormal Activity, I found it fine and really enjoyable. Too pricey though. Maybe I'm just lucky with my setup but the moves worked fine for me.

On another note I'm torn between 2 games coming out. Can only afford one. End space or Radial-G. Anyone have any idea on the length? I'm leaning more towards end space as really want a decent space game but not if it's only 3 hrs long.

Top Bottom