• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Kaversmed

Hi guys, I am trying to take advantage of the current EU PSN January sale and have now added these titles to my shopping cart. Now, I don't actually want to buy all of these right now so it would be cool if you could help me choose the must-haves now and the ones to wait for/avoid. I have both Move and Aim.

- Tumble VR
- Dick Wilde
- Arizona Sunshine
- Thumper
- Statik
- Robinson: The Journey
- Windlands
- Tethered
- Superhot VR
- Raw Data

MultiCore

Hi guys, I am trying to take advantage of the current EU PSN January sale and have now added these titles to my shopping cart. Now, I don't actually want to buy all of these right now so it would be cool if you could help me choose the must-haves now and the ones to wait for/avoid. I have both Move and Aim.

- Tumble VR
- Dick Wilde
- Arizona Sunshine
- Thumper
- Statik
- Windlands
- Tethered
- Superhot VR
- Raw Data
I'd get Thumper, Statik, Superhot, Raw Data.

The rest are more personal taste.

How many shooting galleries do you need?

Robinson is barely passable as a game, but does look decent for an early game.

Windlands, I haven't bothered with.

Tethered is really neat. If you can see yourself playing the whole game, go for it.

Arizona is a zombie shooter. I passed.
Dick wilde is a gallery. I passed.

Kaversmed

I'd get Thumper, Statik, Superhot, Raw Data.

The rest are more personal taste.

How many shooting galleries do you need?

Robinson is barely passable as a game, but does look decent for an early game.

Windlands, I haven't bothered with.

Tethered is really neat. If you can see yourself playing the whole game, go for it.

Arizona is a zombie shooter. I passed.
Dick wilde is a gallery. I passed.

Hey thanks! Those 4 games you emphasized were pretty much a must for me so it’s cool to be reaffirmed. I’ve heard good things about Arizona, though - especially with Aim, so I’m thinking about getting that as well. I do love shooting things lol.

RavageX

- Tumble VR
- Dick Wilde
- Arizona Sunshine
- Thumper
- Statik
- Windlands
- Tethered
- Superhot VR
- Raw Data

I did not like Robinson at all. Wasn't enough action...or anything really...for me.

Windlands I got a kick out of, but I wouldn't call it a must have.

Thumper is cool, depending on how much you pay for it.

I like gallery shooters a bit, but want a full fledged VR experience, I'd probably go with...

Raw data, super hot, Arizona sunshine,thumper....then the rest in any particular order with Robinson dead last....or pass even.

- Tumble VR
- Dick Wilde
- Arizona Sunshine
- Thumper
- Statik
- Windlands
- Tethered
- Superhot VR
- Raw Data

I own all of these except windlands and statik. My vote would be Superhot, Dick Wilde, Arizona Sunshine & Raw Data. Gotta love the shooting galleries!

Toe-Knee

Fair play. I Know most HDMI switches only do 4K/444/30hz or 4K/420/60hz. I only lost 20 quid upgrading to V2 and it was worth it. No resetting, no fucking about, it just works. As it should have in the first place.

Oh yeah it's definitely something that people shouldn't have had to hack around.

- Tumble VR
- Dick Wilde
- Arizona Sunshine
- Thumper
- Statik
- Windlands
- Tethered
- Superhot VR
- Raw Data

Must haves:

1.Statik
2.Thumper
3.Superhot VR

Kaversmed

I did not like Robinson at all. Wasn't enough action...or anything really...for me.

Windlands I got a kick out of, but I wouldn't call it a must have.

Thumper is cool, depending on how much you pay for it.

I like gallery shooters a bit, but want a full fledged VR experience, I'd probably go with...

Raw data, super hot, Arizona sunshine,thumper....then the rest in any particular order with Robinson dead last....or pass even.

I own all of these except windlands and statik. My vote would be Superhot, Dick Wilde, Arizona Sunshine & Raw Data. Gotta love the shooting galleries!

Must haves:

1.Statik
2.Thumper
3.Superhot VR

Awesome, guys - thanks!

Bought these:

- Dick Wilde
- Arizona Sunshine
- Thumper
- Statik
- Superhot VR
- Raw Data

Grinchy

Banned
Did anyone else grab Ultrawings?

I immediately turned off all comfort settings and did the Simulation control mode. This is the first game to make me almost feel queasy, but I love it. There is an audio bug that is making the music too loud and SFX too low, but the developer said that's gonna be fixed in an upcoming patch.

The feel of flying is just so strong. I know this applies to all VR games, but seeing gameplay videos really does not do this game any justice. It's a shame there isn't a demo that just lets a person take off and fly around in free-roam for like 5 minutes.

Vexed

Joining this thread today after sitting on a Pro and Skyrim VR bundle for the past couple of weeks waiting for the Holiday.

Are there aftermarket straps to pull the headset down closer to your nose? I can get the fit mostly, but I get better focus when I pull it down closer to my nose. When I'm not doing that it doesn't sit flush enough with my face for the rubber to guard out light on the bottom so when I look down I can see out and the floor beneath me.

philm87

Joining this thread today after sitting on a Pro and Skyrim VR bundle for the past couple of weeks waiting for the Holiday.

Are there aftermarket straps to pull the headset down closer to your nose? I can get the fit mostly, but I get better focus when I pull it down closer to my nose. When I'm not doing that it doesn't sit flush enough with my face for the rubber to guard out light on the bottom so when I look down I can see out and the floor beneath me.

What do you mean by "aftermarket straps"? Like a strap you can add on to it? Don't think there's much out there.

I have the headband fairly high at the back to get the angle right, then use the little wheel to tighten it up and keep it in place.

philm87

My bro bought me the Skyrim VR candle for Christmas. Looking forward to settling into a long session with that going to see how immersive the added smell is. Just got to be careful not to burn the house down as I wouldn't be able to see it happening!

Unknown?

Just got one for Christmas! Really loving Rush of Blood and GT Sport ! GT Sport is amazing, just wish there was more to do in VR.

Tried a few demos. What should I get next? I’m thinking farpoint.

Just got one for Christmas! Really loving Rush of Blood and GT Sport ! GT Sport is amazing, just wish there was more to do in VR.

Tried a few demos. What should I get next? I’m thinking farpoint.

Didn't like Farpoint personally.

I would recommend:

1. Resident Evil 7
2. Statik
3. Thumper
4. Headmaster
5. Superhot VR
6. I Expect You To Die
7. Dino Frontier (Only tried the demo but I liked it and will buy it in the future)
8. Tumble VR

Wonko_C

Ended up buying a bunch of games for PSVR on sale, used a 20% off coupon I got in the mail and in total spent over 100 USD but ended up saving almost 50%. I got:

-Eve Valkyrie Warzone
-Mortal Blitz
-Arizona Sunshine
-Archangel
-Raw Data
-Thumper
-Perfect

Also got Rez Infinite and Wipeout Omega Collection (waiting for the VR update) earlier. I think I'm set for a while, also I'm real broke now, LOL.

T-0800

I'm having problems with the Aim Controller in Farpoint as the gun drifts slightly to the left almost straight away. Giving it a shake gets in back on track but not for long and it is really detracting from the experience. I don't have any problems with the headset and I don't have any lights that could be interfering.

Any suggestions?

PRiSMiWi

I'm having problems with the Aim Controller in Farpoint as the gun drifts slightly to the left almost straight away. Giving it a shake gets in back on track but not for long and it is really detracting from the experience. I don't have any problems with the headset and I don't have any lights that could be interfering.

Any suggestions?

It happened to me because I had connected controller charging thought the USB port. Try to don’t charge controllers while playing. Does it work?

DeNitro

Neo Member
Any Vrideo alternative as of yet ? I'm getting a PSVR by first week of Jan and I've heard a lot about Vrideo and littlstar

Grinchy

Banned

Any suggestions?

I haven't tested this thoroughly, but it's worth a shot. Leave the Aim controller on a flat surface while you turn it on. Just leave it lying there as you press the PS button and then the X button to pair it and let it sit for 20 seconds or so before you pick it up. It's the same idea behind the headset itself.

philm87

Any suggestions?

I heard something about not leaving the ps4 on rest mode before using VR.

Also check all the lighting out to make sure nothing's affecting the tracking. Make sure the room isn't too dark. The inverted picture of the tracking camera you can get in the settings is pretty useful.

BANGS

Banned
So I got one of my friends to try PSVR for the first time and before using it he was all like "I don't know man, Nintendo did this first with the Virtual Boy, y'know?" (I facepalmed internally when I heard that).

Your friend sounds like exactly the type of person VR would appeal to lmfao

Grinchy

Banned
You know what sucks is buying some VR games at Christmas time, with days off, and then getting a sinus infection and being too sick to play any VR.

Sintoid

Here I am after two months of PSVR and a lot of game tests.

I was very scared and ready to sell the VR at the very first motion sickness sign. Luckily I had no significant disease except for a few games like Starblood Arena and Eve Valkirye (but I will have to go deeper with this game, I hope combat will be something more like "Wing Commander" than "Descent").
The other VR games I tried are between the great experience and the completerly mindblowing to me. I think that this is the very first and rough attempt in the VR commercial solution but the result is absolutely promising. Racing games are the ones which obviously take most advantage of this technology, you can feel not only the depth but also the change of height in the track, wich is awesome to me. But games like Until Dawn, Farpoint, Batman, Rec Room are also amazing immersive experiences where the VR benefit is undeniable.

The only suggestion I could give to Sony, Oculus or anyone developing VR solutions or software is this: giving to the user the ability to turn off 3D effect in a game would be so hard or harmful to the VR experience? I think that most part of the motion sickness depends on the 3D effect and many nire gamers would approach to a game that allows a partial immersion if this immersion give you no sickness... I would really appreciate it.

What do you think adbout it? Any previous discussions or response by developers about it?

Sintoid

True, but also because our brain is hardly working on elaborating the 3D effect. Maybe with 3d effect deactivated brain have resources to handle motion better

gmoran

Did anyone else grab Ultrawings?

I immediately turned off all comfort settings and did the Simulation control mode. This is the first game to make me almost feel queasy, but I love it. There is an audio bug that is making the music too loud and SFX too low, but the developer said that's gonna be fixed in an upcoming patch.

The feel of flying is just so strong. I know this applies to all VR games, but seeing gameplay videos really does not do this game any justice. It's a shame there isn't a demo that just lets a person take off and fly around in free-roam for like 5 minutes.

Yes loving it. But I've stopped playing now the Dev has confirmed HOTAS support in upcoming patch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/7m3a9c/ultrawings_vr_help_and_feedback/drr4p6e/

And I've bought myself the T.Flight HOTAS 4, so when it gets patched I'll start a new save from scratch using the HOTAS.

Should be supported in Ace Combat 7 (support confirmed for HOTAS One, so I think we can bank this) and is already supported in Eve Valkyrie and Starblood Arena.

RavageX

Ok guys, I have $45 on PSN. I have an AIM controller and two moves.

I am thinking about Raw Data, Arizona Sunshine, Ultrawings, and maybe some other VR games.

I have several....farpoint, Skyrim, drive club, dirt rally, battlezone, until dawn, Star trek(haven't played yet), and some I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Any immediate suggestions?

philm87

Ok guys, I have $45 on PSN. I have an AIM controller and two moves.

I am thinking about Raw Data, Arizona Sunshine, Ultrawings, and maybe some other VR games.

I have several....farpoint, Skyrim, drive club, dirt rally, battlezone, until dawn, Star trek(haven't played yet), and some I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Any immediate suggestions?

Superhot VR for sure, so cool. Headmaster is really good fun (demo on one of the demo discs). Statik and I Expect You to Die are really good if you like puzzle games. Resident Evil 7 of course if your heart's up for it.

RavageX

Superhot VR for sure, so cool. Headmaster is really good fun (demo on one of the demo discs). Statik and I Expect You to Die are really good if you like puzzle games. Resident Evil 7 of course if your heart's up for it.

Oops, Superhot is one that I have, and have had RE7(couldn't deal with it, lol)

Been curious about I Expect You to Die...

philm87

Oops, Superhot is one that I have, and have had RE7(couldn't deal with it, lol)

Been curious about I Expect You to Die...

I played right through I Expect You to Die and really enjoyed it. Bit shorter than I was hoping but still well worth it if it's discounted well.

I would recommend this game, its fun !

small_min_188754896.jpg

Camaway2

Upgraded to PSVR V2 and I find the upgrade noticeable, particularly the lighter cable. The old one was really dragging me, I was constantly aware of it, the new one not so much. Also love the storage space for the headphones.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I haven't had too many problems with "VR headaches" overall in the last few months I've had the system - I've played Until Dawn and Monster of the Deep as well as some Skyrim, VR Worlds, and quite a few of the demos. I'm working up the courage to play Resident Evil 7.

Anyway, I picked up Eagle Flight during the PSN sale - I heard good things and I heard it's not very sickness inducing. Except for some reason for me, it really was! For the rest of the night afterwards I was woozy and sick feeling - vomiting and light sensitive - and I had to just lay down for the rest of the night with my eyes closed.

The weird part is now when I think about hoping into VR, I just think about how sick it made me the last time I played it. I know it's mostly in my head, but does anyway have any tips for overcoming my new fear of VR? Anyone else had this happen to them?

RavageX

I haven't had too many problems with "VR headaches" overall in the last few months I've had the system - I've played Until Dawn and Monster of the Deep as well as some Skyrim, VR Worlds, and quite a few of the demos. I'm working up the courage to play Resident Evil 7.

Anyway, I picked up Eagle Flight during the PSN sale - I heard good things and I heard it's not very sickness inducing. Except for some reason for me, it really was! For the rest of the night afterwards I was woozy and sick feeling - vomiting and light sensitive - and I had to just lay down for the rest of the night with my eyes closed.

The weird part is now when I think about hoping into VR, I just think about how sick it made me the last time I played it. I know it's mostly in my head, but does anyway have any tips for overcoming my new fear of VR? Anyone else had this happen to them?

Aye, I have. It's been a bit unpredictable, but seems to happen if I don't play for a while.

What worked for me believe it or not, was having a couple beers before playing.

But mostly just the thought of having fun with whatever I plan to play is enough. I won't play right after eating, that seems to cause the most problems for me.

Top Bottom