• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: "When Worlds Collide" [Insomniac game, leaked as R&C: Into The Nexus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

Definitely Insomniac is not working on PS4 yet. We know this from months ago.

ps4devlist_616.jpg

Dreams crushed again...

TimmiT

Of course they did. However, I don't think them being the lowest rated or not being proper is an indication of their quality, regardless of my fandom.

They were "experiments" to bring something new to the franchise. For YEARS both fans and critics have been hammering R&C for being "more of the same". So, Insomniac did something different, and quite clearly people didn't know what they really wanted, as they rejected the new formulas (despite FFA being a game built around the popular arena modes in past Ratchet titles, with some TD and MOBA elements). They weren't bad games, by any means. They weren't the R&C games people wanted, maybe, but as games they have a great foundation, solid mechanics, and good art. They're not "shit".

I would expect this to be more mainline, classic gameplay, classic exploration.

I thought Qforce/Full Frontal Assault was alright, but not nearly as good as the regular Ratchet gameplay. Also like I said before, the framerate and controls were noticeably worse.

Maybe that pick of the person playing "Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus" on their vita is actually playing it via Remote Play on a PS4? No?

They could be testing it out via Remote Play or something. I just want to assume this is a PS4 title, but I could see it being PS4, PS3, and Vita as well.

EDIT: Well it does look like they are playing a PS3 game so maybe this just isn't true.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Who has said is a Insomniac game?

I don't want it on PS3 because ACiT looked pretty rough on there with the sub-HD resolution. Imagine 1080p 60fps R&C with next-gen graphics.

Didn't they say a while back that ACiT was going to be their last 60fps game?

http://www.insomniacgames.com/how-much-does-framerate-matter/

Or was that only for this current hardware generation?

JS, do you care to comment? Not as a confirmation of what the teaser is about, but your current stance on 60vs30fps?

VanWinkle

Man. I wouldn't have thought for a second that this wouldn't be a PS4 exclusive since we saw this image. Now, I'm worried that it isn't. I just want to move on from the PS3 after Puppeteer. I'm still going to keep it for back catalog, but I am beyond ready for PS4 and want any new announcements from Sony to coincide with that (talking about consoles only. I obviously still want Vita announcements).

ascii42

Maybe that pick of the person playing "Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus" on their vita is actually playing it via Remote Play on a PS4? No?

They could be testing it out via Remote Play or something. I just want to assume this is a PS4 title, but I could see it being PS4, PS3, and Vita as well.

The pic shows them playing on a PS3, unless they are using the same controller image to indicate someone is playing on a PS4.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Why not? It's a family friendly title.

Just seems silly to announce a PS3 title this late into the gen when you're trying to hype PS4. Especially from a series that has had a ton of installments on PS3 already. The best way to get that "family friendly" crowd onto PS4 would be for this to be there, also.

Toppot

Because as of now the PS3 firmware has still not been updated to allow us to see Vita players online. So why would we be able to see PS4 players at the moment?

Only Vita players can see PS3 players online.

PS3 users can't see vita users so I'm thinking they can't see ps4 users either. Vita can see ps3 though

People can't see what their friends are playing on Vita from the PS3. (You CAN, however, see what people are playing on PS3 from the Vita.)

That explains it, thanks =]

not announcing it at a big event seems like a good indication

like GT6

Plz let this be a real ratchet game

I don't doubt it is PS3 but I didn't see how seeing on a PS3 someone playing a game meant it was PS3, now I get it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Just seems silly to announce a PS3 title this late into the gen when you're trying to hype PS4. Especially from a series that has had a ton of installments on PS3 already. The best way to get that "family friendly" crowd onto PS4 would be for this to be there, also.

Well, consider this is also the company that is launching Gran Turismo 6 on PS3 and only PS3 this Fall...

kuroshiki

Honestly I don't really care for this RC franchise. Couldn't care less whether if it is coming to Xbone, for example.

but Sony supporting the platform to the end is commendable. And who am I kidding. We will see RC again in PS4. I guarantee it.

Aytrial

I just honestly can't see this being a PS3 unannounced game when PS4 launch is literally right around the corner (3 maybe 4 months).

Sony doesn't just cut off support for their old platforms when the new one comes out. I'd be a pretty pissed as a PS3 owner if I already knew that what was announced is all I'm going to be getting.

For all those that are claiming the title is for the Vita, you fail to notice almost every other title on that screen is also a console game. Owning a Vita myself, I know that the friend's list app displays both Vita and PS3 games that people are playing. Not saying this isn't for the Vita, but that screenshot doesn't confirm it.

sn00zer

hmmmm i love ratchet and clank.... but i am assuming this is another smaller game considering its literally being announced on fb of all places. crack in time was the best game mechanically. it just needd more enemyenvironment types

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Always up for more R&C, Insomniac.

If there really is a crossover angle with J&D, I could see that really working well in Insomniac's hands.

PS4 would be nicest, but R&C looks just fine on PS3.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Definitely Insomniac is not working on PS4 yet. We know this from months ago.

ps4devlist_616.jpg

So It's probably a PS3 (or vita) game :( no PS4
I'm disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom