• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: "When Worlds Collide" [Insomniac game, leaked as R&C: Into The Nexus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skidd

Tachyon returns? He didn't really clearly die. I can't exactly remember what happened to the Dimensionator.
He is currently stuck in another dimension. If this tease is any indication, then expect some interdimensional shenanigans. With that, his return could be possible, or it's a brand new villain. The Dimensionator was busted beyond repair during the fight.

A new R&C game honestly makes a lot of sense. The Collection has been on sale twice over the past few months. The last time going on sale for a ridiculous $7 for Plus members. Seems they want to get as many people introduced to the series as possible before they announce their next title in the franchise.

He is currently stuck in another dimension. If this tease is any indication, then expect some interdimensional shenanigans. With that, his return could be possible, or it's a brand new villain. The Dimensionator was busted beyond repair during the fight.

I didn't like Tachyon all that much. He wasn't terrible, but compared to Nefarious he was kind of bland.

That being said, a Ratchet game where you get to explore multiple realities would be pretty cool.

But we do know Insomniac is involved in the game, though, right? That's a big indicator that it's R&C over J&D.

I have no idea. The whole thing could be a hoax (But I hope not).
Let's hope that it's an Insomniac developed R&C game. I hope we eventually get a Ps4 Ratchet game from Insomniac. That would make my life complete.

I was thinking maybe more along the lines of dimension of the Lombax's colliding the Ratchet and Clanks world.
The heroes that are returning could be Ratchet's family, or just the Lombax's in general.

If was going to put money down on a guess, that's what it would be.

Hexa

So Insomniac are working on the long term Fuse thing for EA, Sunset Overdrive for Microsoft, and a Ratchet and Clank game for Sony? On the PS3? On top of that, they've been completely crappy for the last 4 years?

My hype just died. :/

Also, is it confirmed it's PS3?

Oh my. If this is a PS4 title, and a full fledged R&C game, I'm definitely interested.

If it's not a PS4 title, I'll still be interested but minus 100 hype.

nofi

So Insomniac are working on the long term Fuse thing for EA, Sunset Overdrive for Microsoft, and a Ratchet and Clank game for Sony? On the PS3? On top of that, they've been completely crappy for the last 4 years?

Looks like it from the friends list scan. Pretty sure you can't see PS4 games being played yet.

MrValtor

Banned

It's not even confirmed to be a Ratchet and Clank game.

With how badly FUSE sold, there's absolutely no way EA is still supporting it. That means two projects, which is perfectly in line with how Insom operates.

I would honestly rather have a proper Ratchet game. A Ratchet + Jak crossover just sounds meh.

Agreed. Their play styles have nothing in common outside of both characters being able to jump.

If it's a traditional R&C on PS3, is there any chance that this thing launches in Sept/Oct? How unprecedented is a 2-3 lead time for announcing a new game?

My issue isn't that I refuse to go back to my PS3 after the PS4 comes out, but if this launches during the holiday season and I've got a shiny new toy with 4-5 games on it, I doubt I'm going to power up my PS3 to play this until at least next year, probably after inFamous Second Son.

Definitely still interested, but may wait until Gaikai comes to PS4 and use this as a trial game.

TheHater

I hope Insomniac Games stay the hell away from this game if this turns out to be a R&C game. Looking at the quality of their last few games....Yeah no thanks. You guys already fuck R&C over with All 4 One and that last piece of crap that just came out.

Mucudadada

Insomniac Games
I hope Insomniac Games stay the hell away from this game if this turns out to be a R&C game. Looking at the quality of their last few games....Yeah no thanks. You guys already fuck R&C over with All 4 One and that last piece of crap that just came out.

Perfect username. :D

Perkel

Banned
Probably some sort of cross-over game... as people have mentioned it totally looks like a rift gate from jak - http://jakanddaxter.wikia.com/wiki/Rift_Gate

That would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing.
And please be nextgen !!!!!

Go away, you are drunk

Ratchet & Clank is easily the better series, even when just comparing the Ps2 offerings.

Agreed, I think people have escalated Jak & Daxter a bit because of Naughty Dog's PS3 pedigree. They're great games, but Ratchet & Clank are better characters and the R&C PS2 games play better than the J&D PS2 games, in my opinion.

meh.... I love R&C, but Jak mixed things up a bit more from game to game. I was disappointed it didn't come to PS3. If it comes to PS4, though... oh my...

I'll admit that while I OWN it, I never played Jak 3. So, let me rephrase and alter my statement. Say we compare the first two games, I still think Ratchet wins.

I HATED Jak 2. It removed a lot of the optimism that made the first game such a joy, and the gameplay just didn't work for me. The "get from here to here within the time limit" sections were beyond tedious.

Ratchet & Clank took what made the series great, and built upon it. Don't fix what isn't broken, but if you ADD to it and improve what is already there... Eventually you'll get games like Up Your Arsenal and A Crack in Time.

injurai

Banned
meh.... I love R&C, but Jak mixed things up a bit more from game to game. I was disappointed it didn't come to PS3. If it comes to PS4, though... oh my...

You're kidding...

R&C had much more diverse offerings of gameplay in each game. Plus huge innovations where made to the gameplay in both 2 and 3. Let along 4 which is even more drastic. Strictly speaking with the PS2 era. R&C > J&D

Espada

If it's on PS3, it's probably a cross-gen title. If it's on PS4? Awesome.

I wonder what the premise is for this game. Reality hopping would be really cool, to be honest.

Courage

I'm playing the Ratchet and Clank trilogy right now and it's definitely better than Jak and Daxter.

This coming from a guy that grew up with the latter, and is just now playing the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom