• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: "When Worlds Collide" [Insomniac game, leaked as R&C: Into The Nexus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot looks really nice but Insomniac are known for their bullshots.

Part of me is excited because its a new mainline R&C, but a bigger part of me really wishes it was a PS4 game.
It's from a trailer dude. Compressed YouTube footage. You will see this scene in motion when the trailer comes out.

weevles

I'm down for another (real) R&C game (not that All4Nothing one), PS3 or not.

It would be cool if the game had some kind of Vita interaction though.

Tuck

Hell yes! Loved A Crack Time. We get a proper conclusion to the PS3 trilogy with this.

Tools of Destruction was pitched as the start of a big epic story, but I feel like they really under-delivered and probably drastically reduced their vision for the story. We got Quest for Booty was a sequel rather than a full blown game, followed by ACiT that didn't really answer anything and eliminated all of the side characters than Tools of Destruction bothered introducing.

So I hope this is that big epic conclusion that I wanted way back when Tools of Destruction was first announced and not just another minor entry like Quest for Booty.

oggob

From the wording of that leak, "epilogue" is used and if this is a true finale for ACiT then I have absolutely no issues with this being on the PS3. Sure the option of PS4 would be nice, but when possible I would like to have the completed story arc on the one system.

What would be fantastic is if this game is also a bridging story to the movie (2015) and then a true PS4 sequel, etc later on...

VertPin

Found 2 more tiny pics from using this youtube trick. Nothing else:

EgAKMFH.jpg

UOdSwo8.jpg

This looks very nice, hoping Ratchet looks more like his PS2 days then his Future look.

Something bothered me about TOD/ACIT's weapon designs.

I think it was too many gloves and stubby weapons. Hopefully this game fixes that.

Drek

They've also dropped the ball on the last two R&C games they made. He definitely has reason to tread with caution in this case.
A4one was a kid focused game and FFA was by their North Carolina studio. If this is by the main R&C team there is no reason not to be excited.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm psyched, regardless of whether it's for PS3 or PS4. Hopefully it's a full game. "Epilogue" makes it sound like it could be a smaller but traditional digital game.

BHZ Mayor

PS4 would guaranteed a PS4 day one, but this is cool too. Being last gen didn't stop God of War 2 from being one of the best games of its respective year, and if this is a true return to form, I expect this to do the same.

Courage

Yeah, it's gonna be a budget PS3 title that should gauge current interest in R&C games. Hopefully the demand is big enough for a PS4 game to coincide with the movie.

I'm sure it will be great, but 2014 could have been a great year for the upcoming platform with platformer and sandbox game in the same year plus whatever else Sony is announcing.

At the same time it's always good to support the outgoing platform well.

VanWinkle

Ugh game looks awesome from that preview. I was really wanting to go full force into PS4 after Puppeteer. I'll have to get this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom