• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playtonix Community Manager hates white men

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Oh no, that's totally accurate. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding, haha. I thought you were referring to the "managing social media, outward engagement, etc." part of Community, lol. I said what I said because I knew too many folks in QA that wanted to be in Community, and honestly it wouldn't have worked well for them.

All good. So I was talking from a qa lead for the game. Not regular qa. Qa staff rarely have any interaction with dev unless they find a massive V1 or A bug that dev can't reproduce.

QA leads update prod on how well the qa process is flowing. Also what V1, 2's must be addressed. Leads are constantly updated with how the project is coming along. Which is why I don't see why that can't be an added role for the lead. Leads rarely qa anyways as they are always at meetings.

Just seems like it would fit for a lead to me.

MiguelItUp

All good. So I was talking from a qa lead for the game. Not regular qa. Qa staff rarely have any interaction with dev unless they find a massive V1 or A bug that dev can't reproduce.

QA leads update prod on how well the qa process is flowing. Also what V1, 2's must be addressed. Leads are constantly updated with how the project is coming along. Which is why I don't see why that can't be an added role for the lead. Leads rarely qa anyways as they are always at meetings.

Just seems like it would fit for a lead to me.
Bingo. Last semi-large studio I was at I actually migrated from Tester -> Senior -> Lead -> CM over some years. Yes, that is whole heartedly accurate, haha. As a Lead there I was primarily creating test plans, overseeing employees, managing 1 on 1s, involved in the hiring process, and then speaking on behalf of QA in various meetings because they became too plentiful for our QA Director to participate in.

There are definitely Leads that wouldn't have a problem adding that to their workflow. But you know, variables and all. I know I wouldn't have mind that at all.

Last edited:

Lambogenie

Work to become successful, don't be a bitch. His job isn't bad but why is it the ones working it have made its perception as a shit job with shit people.

Three

I'd like the context of those tweets before jumping to conclusions to be honest. Most of them seem like jokes and it would only be clear if what he was referencing/replying to was visible. Nothing more annoying than getting overly offended by some harmless race related jokes.

StereoVsn

I just watched it after I posted…hilarious. Man, was the world a different place then, people were so much less sensitive. wtf happened?
Social Media happened. All the morons around whether on the left or the right suddenly got a huge audience. And here we are…

eL81MbY.gif

MiguelItUp

Social Media happened. All the morons around whether on the left or the right suddenly got a huge audience. And here we are…

eL81MbY.gif
That's the thing that blows my mind. In any situation, just because you can say something doesn't always mean you should. Especially when it's on social media for the world to see. I really don't understand how these people act as if they feel like they're untouchable and can just say whatever they want. It's absolutely insane.

One has to wonder why all these people end up as community managers.
I think it's something to do with these far-left liberal types wanting/needing to propagate their mental retardation to as many people as possible.

So, these are the Yooka-Laylee developers. Well, guess that game will never leave my backlog. Wish I would have seen this before I gave them my money but they will never get another dollar from me as long as they employ these kinds of people.

Last edited:
EDIT- Playtonic, not Playtonix DOH!!!!

These companies just won't learn hiring these racist pieces of garbage

He's the white knight that no one really asked for, and no one really cares about. He goes home at night, patting himself on the back for checking his own "white male privilege" and making a huge impact in the world, fighting against the patriarchy! Being the ally-protector that he imagines he is.

When in reality, people tend forget about him two seconds after meeting him.

0neAnd0nly

I'd like the context of those tweets before jumping to conclusions to be honest. Most of them seem like jokes and it would only be clear if what he was referencing/replying to was visible. Nothing more annoying than getting overly offended by some harmless race related jokes.

Yeah bro -

I just read them again and LOL they are BUSTING out with humor. Clearly a joke, had me in stitches FRFR.

:messenger_neutral:

RedC

eL81MbY.gif
That's the thing that blows my mind. In any situation, just because you can say something doesn't always mean you should. Especially when it's on social media for the world to see. I really don't understand how these people act as if they feel like they're untouchable and can just say whatever they want. It's absolutely insane.
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Ff040377d-5509-4558-b8a9-6d79a1755067_720x395.png
Studies show this to be true as we were doing well up to 2013 in America and have been declining ever since, most scholars point to the rise of social media being the significant factor.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Ff040377d-5509-4558-b8a9-6d79a1755067_720x395.png
Studies show this to be true as we were doing well up to 2013 in America and have been declining ever since, most scholars point to the rise of social media being the significant factor.
That must be because we don’t have enough DEI, we must redouble our efforts!

The bankers wanted to shift the attention away from themselves during Occupy Wallstreet, so they pulled their connections in the media to push the trusty ol race relations narratives. Works every time! Social media just happens to exacerbate everything negative in society, which I believe is a built-in feature by design. Here we are bickering about some insignificant "white" dude and simultaneously clueless how people can be so "racist."

peish

I never get the feelings these white wokes are genuinely concerned with other races problems. Just weirdos projecting their white supremacy complex online.

It’s so much easier to make yourself looked learned and enlightened by typing some text to support DEI

What the hell they done IRL? Why don’t they post online how much community projects they have been involved in?

Mooreberg

Those are some stunningly useful insights on.... spring water. Though I knew going in this wasn't going to be related to a game I care about when my reaction to the thread title was "who?".

Last edited:

Mooreberg

Add another company to the list. I hope we’re all keeping track.

This guy is a cuck confirmed. Embarrassing

This is what I was wondering in the SBI mega thread - IS someone keeping track? Because there are going to be many instances where companies have shithead employees but are not so easily identified as having contracted a lousy company in Montreal.

Also, what has he been "managing" for the past four and a half years? They haven't released an internally developed game since five months before COVID.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I see what she is saying but there's a big difference between her innocent tweets and actual racist shit.

kingsamj

Banned
So this Grummz guy combed through five years of a random community manager's tweets looking for something incendiary and that's the best he could find? These tweets seem.. pretty mild, if you ask me.

Hudo

> gets hired as a community manager
> is supposed to engage with the community in a positive way as representative of the company
> shits on a huge part of said community
> ???

How are companies okay with this? How are these retards still employed?
He should work at Blizzard. The WoW community deserves to be shat on.

Three

Yeah bro -

I just read them again and LOL they are BUSTING out with humor. Clearly a joke, had me in stitches FRFR.

:messenger_neutral:
I mean it isn't a great joke but is it cause for outrage? It would be like this interaction

"I'm loving pilates class everybody should join! "

"I'd rather not be surrounded by women sweating their asses off"

Then people dogpiling that the guy hates women or is sexist for making a reference that those classes are predominantly female. It's just a lame joke in that case.

Cyberpunkd

I seriously dont understand how people like this have a job. If I would post hate like this person at my job I would get fired immediately
A few days ago one Polish footballer playing in Russia gave an interview on why he is still playing. Some excuses like family there, etc. but ok.

Sport directors of the largest TV networks in Poland pilled on him on Twitter calling him names, accusing him of being “an idiot” and “Russian lackey”. I was sitting there and thinking to myself: how is this shit allowed in a professional setting?

Top Bottom