• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please recommend a budget PC

Processor AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics 1.50 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.45 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I copied that from the settings. It's an HP desktop.

And honestly, simply upgrading like you suggest would be ideal. Then, I wouldn't have to worry about migrating all of my crap over to a new PC.

You listed the basic specifications of the computer. You need to find what type of computer it is (I.E. the model). You said it's an HP desktop which is a good start. Is there any other information on the case? Does it say HP prodesk or is there a model # somewhere (for instance when you originally purchased it)? You need to find that because then you can look up the manual for the computer. In the manual you'll be able to see how much RAM you can install. Worst case scenario you can post a picture of it and I can try to identify it that way for you.

S0ULZB0URNE

There's quite a lot available as you're now at least two major generations behind.

There are cheaper ones, but I recommend that one as a solid 1080p gaming one. Minisforum also make some good systems, though they are a little more expensive.

The previous generation ones are considerably cheaper, but the iGPU in particular will be noticeably worse.

If you want it to be a proper desktop (bear in mind that AMD haven't updated their 'APUs' recently, so these are Zen 3 on 7nm compared to Zen3+ on 6nm for the mobile chip above):

With whatever motherboard, case, RAM and SSD you want. Plump for the Ryzen 7 version if you can.

You will, of course, get flexibility with this, including being to add a GPU. The RX6400 or RX6500XT are actually decent, but limited cards. Low profile too. The GTX1650 LP is another option, but getting on for two thirds more. And the RTX A2000 - well just get a used GPU at that point.
Something along the lines of this is the best answer.

RSLAEV

If you wanna go real cheap you could try to find an old Optiplex on ebay then stick in an SSD, a cheap video card and ram if you need it. There's a very limited upgrade path for something like this though. I wouldn't go any lower than an 8th gen i7

MLuieH1.png

Top Bottom