• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PodcastGAF |OT|

Does anybody here know any good podcasts that deal with fantasy monster or monsters in general?
Imaginary Worlds
Myths and Legends
Spirits
Monster Dear Monster
MonsterTalk

Anybody else get on that Dirty John 'cast?

6 eps, under an hour each. I finished it in half a day.

Fuckin' hell, man.
I'm finished episode 1 the other day. It starts crazy and it sounds like it's only going to get crazier. I might start a thread for it; I could see it interesting the Serial/S-Town fans here

Cults is good so far, though I could do without some of the heavy-handed music cues. I'm glad that after Heaven's Gate and the Manson Family they decided to take on something less well known like Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God.

Are there any other podcasts that come close to the amazing LeVar Burton Reads? I'd like to move away from serialized episodic dramas and listen to more one off short stories.

ReAxion

I'm finished episode 1 the other day. It starts crazy and it sounds like it's only going to get crazier. I might start a thread for it; I could see it interesting the Serial/S-Town fans here

That was the comparison I saw that drew me in.

I got two episodes in and kind of hated that entire family. Does it get better?

You're definitely not alone. I've heard this from people who listened & read the article(s). Keep going.

Are there any other podcasts that come close to the amazing LeVar Burton Reads? I'd like to move away from serialized episodic dramas and listen to more one off short stories.
A lot of the anthology series I've listened to can be very hit or miss. Levar Burton's is one of the great ones, both in terms of narration and in the quality of the stories. For horror, I like Knifepoint Horror though

scotcheggz

Missed your original tweet. Your podcast sounds cool, will definitely check it out tonight.

[/URL]

No worries, I hope you enjoy it. I'm starting to find my feet with it now, honestly it works mainly as an outlet for writing, since I enjoy to write but have little chance to sit down and do it anymore.

Does anybody here know any good podcasts that deal with fantasy monster or monsters in general?

Mentioned already, just backing it up, Monster Talk is great!

Nelo Ice

Banned
Most Gimlet shows have that chemistry. Try Science VS.
Speaking of which I never realized how much I enjoy Gimlet shows till I noticed I actually listen to alot of their shows I'm subscribed to. I sub to an absurd amount of pods but only listen to a small percentage of them.

Speaking of which I never realized how much I enjoy Gimlet shows till I noticed I actually listen to alot of their shows I'm subscribed to. I sub to an absurd amount of pods but only listen to a small percentage of them.
Define absurd :p

I'm subscribed to...over 500

You guys are crazy. I try to keep my list down to 20 or so, and even then I can't keep up if they all release at the same time. Like, I'm backlogged really hard right now because I was sick for a few days.

You guys are crazy. I try to keep my list down to 20 or so, and even then I can't keep up if they all release at the same time. Like, I'm backlogged really hard right now because I was sick for a few days.
Oh, yeah, it’s absolutely ridiculous. But I find so many cool series while updating this thread

Top Bottom