• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB 2: Electric Boogaloo (New X and Y info)

Box

TR was never linked to Mewtwo.

Yeah, I think you're right.

On the other hand, there's nothing to say that it wasn't Team Rocket who funded the research/expedition. That's an unanswered detail that could potentially be revealed later if they want to go further into Mewtwo's backstory, Team Rocket or otherwise.

Kyzon

Nah it was by Blaine and Fuji, but TR is uninvolved. It's just about them finding a pregnant Mew in some jungle and experimented with its embryo.

Ah thanks. I never read that far into it. As others stated though, we don't know who funded it. Only time will tell though. I do want to see where Giovanni went off to after his defeat by Red, though.

rrs

This new Mewtwo looking thing looks like someone put a spoiler on mewtwo's head and put the tail on the head because why not.

They also said Mew gave birth, not lay eggs.
Must retcon!

It was the super secret version of Mewtwo that just got out.

I'm getting huge Shadow the Hedgehog vibes from this new design.

His static pose looks completely ready to scream "CHAOS CONTROL".

Dude, I thought the same thing when I saw this:

mew3coolkrs91.gif

At first I was actually reminded of Chaos. It's got the headtail and everything:

TreIII

Maybe Giovanni in the games did fund the research

It's what I always thought. Even if Mewtwo wasn't officially a "Rocket project", that Game Corner money had to be giving Sakaki (Giovanni) plenty of capital to fund such things on his own time.

lol at people acting like this new Pokémon is violating their childhood.

Mewtwo still exists. He's there if you want to use him. Plus, this new guy might not even be related to Mewtwo other than thematic similarities.

The only ones here with really founded complaints are those who enjoy playing as him in Smash and are afraid that he will be replaced by NewMew, because that's actually pretty likely at this point.

The new Mewtwo form isn't bad at all, I just wish they shared more information. This slow trickle is going to drive me insane. We don't even know its name yet.

Box

Pokemon X and Y, Genders, Team Jesse and Team James, they've broken up, and the Pokemon World has to suffer.

You just know it's going to happen.

So I guess James is X and Jessie is Y.

Or did they stop doing that in the show?

Kyzon

So I guess James is X and Jessie is Y.

Or did they stop doing that in the show?

I lol'd, but since Black and White started in the anime, Jesse and James have been competent. I haven't watched in a while, but I don't even think they blast off anymore. They usually find some way to escape (Like smoke bombs followed by jetpacking away).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to derail, but there are men who have XY genes and men who have XX genes, just as there are women who have XX genes and women who have XY genes. Men do not just equal XY, and women do not just equal XX. This is true for some people in this thread, I believe.

Basically: being a man or woman isn't about what genes (or genitalia) you have. No matter what Pokemon might say. :p

Hmmm, it's conceivable. And then you have a gender neutral legendary who bridges the gap, so to speak.
That would be awesome if they explicitly discussed how it has a non-binary gender. I would love to see Pokemon try to tackle that, haha.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I really hate how the pokemon don't go into a battle stance in-game. They just stand up straight all wide eyed and take beams and punches to the face. It's so awkward...

Gattuso

I don't want to derail, but there are men who have XY genes and men who have XX genes, just as there are women who have XX genes and women who have XY genes. Men do not just equal XY, and women do not just equal XX. This is true for some people in this thread, I believe.

Basically: being a man or woman isn't about what genes (or genitalia) you have. No matter what Pokemon might say. :p

your avatar, it looks so amazing

Neiteio

The only ones here with really founded complaints are those who enjoy playing as him in Smash and are afraid that he will be replaced by NewMew, because that's actually pretty likely at this point.
I'm with you that Deoxys is my favorite of the standalone Psychic-type legendaries (although not necessarily my favorite legendary overall) and I'd love to see Deoxys make it to Smash with all four forms available during battle, changing between them like Pokémon Trainer.

But, I do miss Mewtwo, and would love to see this new form make the Smash 4 roster. :)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
your avatar, it looks so amazing
I'm quite pleased with it. Shout out to UltimateIke for avatarizing it a few pages ago (and to PSY・S for making the one I didn't use, hah).

Roo

Apparently I'm the only one that really likes the look of this Pokémon.
Not that I really care about Mewtwo or Mew for that matter but I think it's great GF still keep them in mind so closely

zroid

Banned
Apparently I'm the only one that really likes the look of this Pokémon.
Not that I really care about Mewtwo or Mew for that matter but I think it's great GF still keep them in mind so closely

You're definitely not the only one. Reception is pretty well split, honestly. As for me, I don't have strong feelings one way or the other. I am keen on seeing how it's incorporated into the plot, however, so I'm glad it exists in that sense.

Top Bottom