• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XI: Transferring and Mega Starters Revealed!

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/

Here's a page about the 3DS app. There'll be a free trial period.

Also:

Note: You may find yourself unable to use Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter to deposit any Pokémon created illegally by software unauthorized by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo into your online Boxes, or to move these Pokémon between online Boxes.

This brings to mind news I'd heard of near 1,500 competitors caught out by Nintendo using hacked Pokemon.

Earlier in the Summer The Pokémon Company hosted the 2013 Global Showdown, a WiFi tournament for Pokémon Black and White 2, which some undoubtedly used for practice ahead of other tournaments. It was open to 50,000 competitors, but it's now been revealed that 1,558 of those that took part were cheaters, utilising smartphone apps (probably other programs as well) to create and edit their own powered up 'mon.

This is possibly the best news I've heard so far. Eliminating hacked Pokemon whilst still maintaining a means of transferring Pokemon from older games.

fisheyes

MegaBlastoise got shafted by the official art but is clearly the best design of the three.

MegaCharizard gets more useless wings, MegaVenusaur gets more useless leaves, MegaBlastoises gets more FUCKING BADASS CANNONS.

I hope your Bank account isn't tied to your 3DS though. That could be problematic if you lose your system, or use multiple systems.
Well, it probably is tied to whatever account you've been using for the online service. Note that they said it will be able to be used for "future titles"...

With all the Pokemon data stored on their servers like that, this is probably going to be the way to transfer Pokemon from gen to gen going forward from here on out.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Got the assets. Do you guys still need them?

Hi res art is nice!

MegaBlastoise got shafted by the official art but is clearly the best design of the three.

MegaCharizard gets more useless wings, MegaVenusaur gets more useless leaves, MegaBlastoises gets more FUCKING BADASS CANNONS.

Yeah the art is terrible but the design is amazing.

Wouldn't have to worry about hacks so much if they removed the IV system...

Maybe.

I don't really care if they want to use hacked or legit Pokemon to be honest.

TheOGB

Banned

So that's why M.Charizard and M.Venusaur got good abilities and M.Blastoise got a cruddy one?

zroid

Banned
Well, it probably is tied to whatever account you've been using for the online service. Note that they said it will be able to be used for "future titles"...

With all the Pokemon data stored on their servers like that, this is probably going to be the way to transfer Pokemon from gen to gen going forward from here on out.
Oh yeah, your Global Link account. Makes sense.

They probably wouldn't be dumb enough to screw this up, but I'm slightly concerned about what will happen to your stored Pokémon when you stop paying the fee.

Forkball

Bullshit if that Pokemon box thing doesn't work with Gen IV. I have a ton of Pokemon in there with no real way to transfer them to B+W. Why do you always have to screw things up Nintendo? WHY

Megarizard is OK, Megasaur is well, basically the same, but Megastoise fucking sucks. It looks like a fanmade evolution, it's terrible.

Revven

You can bet they will figure out how to work around it and those fake ones will be pissing you off once again.

If it's using the same Stadium/PBR/Black/White WiFi checking stuff, then it will not stop people who meet all the requirements of a legit Pokemon: such as needing a Trainer ID, Location of where it was caught, EVs that do not exceed 510, as long as it doesn't have max IVs in every stat, and moves that the Pokemon naturally learns and/or gets via breeding.

The only way they could actually *stop* it is if the Pokemon actually had any sort of red flag on them caused by the software. But they don't, because the software used to make them... doesn't alter the Pokemon in that way. It's just another step up from a Gameshark/Action Replay, like where you put in a code to make a certain Poke always appear in the wild. That Poke you see in the wild is from the game, you're just cheating to catch it in the wild but it doesn't change how "legit" it is at all.

It's not so much figuring out a work around as it is just knowing what GameFreak's requirements are for a Pokemon to be considered legitimate and not hacked.

Boss Doggie

You guys should check the menu sprites

sept_bank_p2_02_5k139.jpg

sept_bank_p2_01_61sb0.jpg

So good

So that's why M.Charizard and M.Venusaur got good abilities and M.Blastoise got a cruddy one?

Except the problem with MC and MV is that their non-mega abilities are much better. Their mega abilities are crap.

At least MB's Mega Launcher complements its set. Venusaur wrecks shit because of Chlorophyll. And Charizard manages to try because of Solar Power.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Looks like Nintendo has finally found it as well now, the subscription model. Nintendo can live off this even if Wii U doesn't take off.

FSLink

Banned
It's not so much figuring out a work around as it is just knowing what GameFreak's requirements are for a Pokemon to be considered legitimate and not hacked.

Pretty much. I guess they could figure out legitimate movesets for Gen V to include event only moves too if they really want to.

Mr Swine

Banned
Mmmm Mega Blastoise, Mega Charizard and Mega Venusaur made my day! :D

Can't wait to so mega egos for these 6 mons!

1. Machamp
2. Tyranitar
3. Steelix
4. Feraligatr
5. Cloyster
6. Pikachu

hodgy100

Transferring my "its kind of a dragon" team! :D

1. Serperior
2. Charizard
3. Gyarados
4. Flygon
5. Dragonite
6. Salamance

Pokemon need a propper grass dragon pokemon

-MB-

Looks like Nintendo has finally found it as well now, the subscription model. Nintendo can live off this even if Wii U doesn't take off.

Kinda crummy they just don't let u store to the 3ds SD card in X/Y to get past the ingame limit ( which u will surely hit if u import old gen Pokemon via bank trial), and basically force u to use an app behind a paywall.

Morokh

I was expecting a thread title like :

Pokemon X/Y : Using the power of the cloud !

when I first saw this :p GAF did not deliver :(

Pretty uneventful Direct, and annual subscription for the bank is stupid, but it's always nice seeing japanese devs like Masuda speaking about their games with such humble passion, it's a refreshing contrast with western devs.

Now every Pokemon in it's final form has a Mega form or what ?

ffdgh

I was expecting a thread title like :

Pokemon X/Y : Using the power of the cloud !

when I first saw this :p GAF did not deliver :(

Pretty uneventful Direct, and annual subscription for the bank is stupid, but it's always nice seeing japanese devs like Masuda speaking about their games with such humble passion, it's a refreshing contrast with western devs.

Now every Pokemon in it's final form has a Mega form or what ?

nope just some...or alot of them.

icy_eagle

Drought is amazing, especially as a part of mega evo. Mega evolving is a free action right? Say you have sunny weather and Charizard out, opponent switches in Politoed, it's raining. No problem, just mega evolve next turn and it's already back to being sunny.

Boss Doggie

Simpy, you change. It's also a Mega with huge I guess Sp. Atk. I don't see that it's a bad choice, even though Dragon with Levitate would be better.
We still don't know if changing takes high priority or occurs during your turn though. Either way, because Zard's typing isn't changed, he still gets screwed with rock slide or stone edge.

This is why Ninetales, even a shitty Pokemon, is considered the best Sun lead. Doesn't die quickly to stones.

Zard however works with Solar Power, by boosting its SAtk.

Drought is amazing, especially as a part of mega evo. Mega evolving is a free action right? Say you have sunny weather and Charizard out, opponent switches in Politoed, it's raining. No problem, just mega evolve next turn and it's already back to being sunny.

We don't know if it's priority based or Pokemon-based. I imagine Mega Mawile will be screwed like that if that's the case still.

Top Bottom