• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kabuto - #140 (Adamant)
HP: 21
Att: 31
Def: 27 - 28
SpA: 25
SpD: 19
Speed: 31

Alright, that's cool.

[/3rd Strike announcer]

It's not like defenses are an actual concern though, I mean the thing is gonna fucking DIE no matter what hits it anyway.

And now, the dreaded grind for a Life Orb begins...

Wiseblade

Holy Order Sol said:
Kabuto - #140 (Adamant)
HP: 21
Att: 31
Def: 27 - 28
SpA: 25
SpD: 19
Speed: 31

Alright, that's cool.

[/3rd Strike announcer]

It's not like defenses are an actual concern though, I mean the thing is gonna fucking DIE no matter what hits it anyway.

And now, the dreaded grind for a Life Orb begins...

I need to get me one of those.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheOGB said:
It's the girl who would later become
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/48/FireRed_LeafGreen_Leaf.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I always did think that was neat, that they brought her back.

Kinda makes up for the fact Kris didn't come back...

[QUOTE=Gravijah]Green/Blue, of course.[/QUOTE]

Leaf, actually. Blue (Green in Japan) is the rival.

D-Pad

EvilMario said:
2rpehr8_t.png

And a steam Pokemon of some sort.
Did you draw that?

I was bored, and I liked this Pokemon's design so I drew my interpretation of it. Upon second glance the original looks more like some sort of jar... Ah well. Here's the Pokedex entry:

Geysrfish - Fire/Water
The Geyser Pokemon (already done? Who cares!)

This pokemon is constantly shrouded in steam because the water pours down into its insides, which is nothing but hot coals. It is rumored that this Pokemon stays alive by upturning the boats of unsuspecting kayakers and eating them whole, turning their bones into fuel.

KingK

As far as the starter pokemon go, Empoleon is clearly the best by a long shot.
Swampert takes second place and Charizard third. The rest don't really have an order for me, other than Typhlosion and Meganium being the two worst. However, I must say that my Serperior is growing on me and is becoming one of my favorites.

D-Pad

Andrex said:

Leaf is the best Poke-girl ever! Followed by... Er... White is her name?

Also: Nothing can make up for who/what replaced Kris. :mad:

The Machamp in Black City just used DynamicPunch and hit my Pokemon that was using Fly. I was really confused until I saw he has the No Guard ability. So many little details about the game I still don't know. :(

Gravijah

Andrex said:

Really? She was named Green in the manga. But she was Blue in the Japanese version it seems.

UltimateIke said:
The Machamp in Black City just used DynamicPunch and hit my Pokemon that was using Fly. I was really confused until I saw he has the No Guard ability. So many little details about the game I still don't know. :(
Yeah, this happens to me sometimes when I forget the effects of certain Abilities/moves, and make stupid moves.

Some things I never really forget, like Earthquake doing double damage to pokes using Dig, Thunder being 100% accuracy in rain, Defense Curl doubling damage of Rollout, etc.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Really? She was named Green in the manga. But she was Blue in the Japanese version it seems.

She's Leaf in the games, dunno about the manga.

Also I just looked it up, and the players in B/W are named Hilbert and Hilda.

v_v

Dawn was a great name and Lucas was at least OK...

zumphry

Banned
Zomba13 said:
I think you should water stone that monkey.

Yeah, I messed up getting the correct stone in Castelia (it was pretty late when I got it :/) and got the one by the lighthouse in Driftveil and evolved it this morning.

As for Fighting/Dark types I could use, I think I'll switch Simipour with Scrafty & Beartic will be switched out with Archeops.

Thanks for the help, PokeGAF!

Though, being at the Pokemon League, not having the
version Legendary
feels weird.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
D-Pad said:
Did you draw that?

I was bored, and I liked this Pokemon's design so I drew my interpretation of it. Upon second glance the original looks more like some sort of jar... Ah well. Here's the Pokedex entry:

Geysrfish - Fire/Water
The Geyser Pokemon (already done? Who cares!)

This pokemon is constantly shrouded in steam because the water pours down into its insides, which is nothing but hot coals. It is rumored that this Pokemon stays alive by upturning the boats of unsuspecting kayakers and eating them whole, turning their bones into fuel.

I didn't draw the original, just something I found. Pretty cool second take on it though! You should sketch out some of the Pokemon people were calling for too, like the Ghost/Steel and Grass/Dragon. Designing your own Pokemon is a great past time.

Crazyorloco

Prof. Juniper : "Bianca you have good ears. I can't believe you heard *Hilbert's* voice from so far away!"
Lol i laughed at that part since he never speaks. :p

great game. I can't wait to import my old pokemon from soulsilver in.

JackEtc

Alright, I have the National Pokedex now, and immediately upon setting foot on the new route that was opened to me, I knew I wasn't high enough level. I wanna get my LeafGreen Pokemon into Black.

I have two DS's (one fat and one DSi), and a copy of LeafGreen and a copy of Black. Is there anyway I can do this without having to go and buy a used copy of Gen IV and hope it's already beaten?

Gravijah

Andrex said:
She's Leaf in the games, dunno about the manga.

Also I just looked it up, and the players in B/W are named Hilbert and Hilda.

v_v

Dawn was a great name and Lucas was at least OK...

Hilda is OK at least but Hilbert? Yuck... Just gonna call them Black/White.

Balb

btkadams said:
does anyone have a spare treeko and torchic?

I can make a torchic egg right now, and I have a sceptile in my Platinum version that I can transfer over to make a treecko egg if you can wait a few minutes.

JackEtc said:
Alright, I have the National Pokedex now, and immediately upon setting foot on the new route that was opened to me, I knew I wasn't high enough level. I wanna get my LeafGreen Pokemon into Black.

I have two DS's (one fat and one DSi), and a copy of LeafGreen and a copy of Black. Is there anyway I can do this without having to go and buy a used copy of Gen IV and hope it's already beaten?
You're going to have to get one of the Gen 4 games (if any, HGSS), then send them onto that with Pal Park.

To transfer from HGSS to Black, you'd need a second DS to do Poké Transfer.

As for the level thing, don't worry. You should be able to take on the trainers you see, as most of them carry weak pokes, and you'll level fast.

btkadams

Balb said:
I can make a torchic egg right now, and I have a sceptile in my Platinum version that I can transfer over to make a treecko egg if you can wait a few minutes.
that would be awesome! i can totally wait :D PM me i guess?

Is there a trick to making eggs hatch in this game? I've been carrying an egg for quite awhile and it still is nowhere close to hatching according to the description.

Gravijah

Obsessed said:
Is there a trick to making eggs hatch in this game? I've been carrying an egg for quite awhile and it still is nowhere close to hatching according to the description.

If you have the one you get for free, it takes a VERY long time.

zumphry

Banned
Gravijah said:

I usually do that, male character having the first game's name, with either the rival or female getting the second one (unless already named).

Though, this is the first game that I actually used my real name...15 or so years after I started playing the series.

UHvfV.gif

Obsessed said:
It is still the number of steps taken. Remember to carry a Pokemon with the Magma Armor or Flame Body ability to speed things up.

Gravijah

ZayneH said:
I usually do that, male character having the first game's name, with either the rival or female getting the second one (unless already named).

Though, this is the first game that I actually used my real name...15 or so years after I started playing the series.

UHvfV.gif

I always name my female character one of a few different names. I name the male one after myself when I play the game, though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Bleh.

So, I wanted to catch some Pokemon, so I went to import my Lv. 100 Sceptile from my Emerald Version with False Swipe, although I transfered him to Gen IV long ago...

So I check my Japanese Black, to see if I already transferred him over.

Nope.

Next, I check my Japanese Pearl, since I had to use it to transfer Pokemon via Pokeshift to my Japanese Black, meaning I had to trade them from my EN versions first.

Nope.

Then I was like, oh, maybe he's still in Platinum!

Nope.

Uh...maybe I never transferred him from Diamond?

Nope.

How about...Heart Gold...I mean, it could be there...

Nope.

So, basically, my Sceptile is GONE. I have no clue where he is, unless he somehow ended up in My Pokemon Ranch, which I doubt since I haven't touched it in years.

Balb

Raxus said:
I really wanna get the previous 4 generations' starters but I dunno if anyone is breeding them.

If you still need them in an hour or so I can give you all three. I'm about to go eat after I trade these two Pokemon.

yeb

ColtraineGF said:
Yeah, this happens to me sometimes when I forget the effects of certain Abilities/moves, and make stupid moves.

Some things I never really forget, like Earthquake doing double damage to pokes using Dig, Thunder being 100% accuracy in rain, Defense Curl doubling damage of Rollout, etc.
Is there a list of these kinds of hidden mechanics anywhere? The only one of those that I knew about was Thunder.

JackEtc

ColtraineGF said:
You're going to have to get one of the Gen 4 games (if any, HGSS), then send them onto that with Pal Park.

To transfer from HGSS to Black, you'd need a second DS to do Poké Transfer.
I've got the second DS, just not a Gen 4, damn. Hopefully I can find a used one that hasn't been wiped at a Gamestop or something.

DMG-01

What's the best route for high level Audino grinding? I need to get my Volcarona up 6 more levels to 70 so he can get Bug Buzz.

Articalys

Gravijah said:
I ended up using the Japanese name and calling my guy Touya -- the way I see it, I used the English names (Brendan, Lucas, Ethan, etc.) for the games in regions inspired by Japan, so why not the Japanese name for the region inspired by the USA?

Ondore

So the only Pokemon I need are the evolved forms of Deino. It's L40, I haven't touched it, and I have no Rare Candies.

If I punt Audinos on Route 12 until the first evo, then have it hold a Lucky Egg, switch it out after every Pokemon in both stadiums, the Game Freak rep and the Elite 4... how many Rare Candies am I going to have to get from Pickup to finish the job?

Gravijah

Ondore said:
So the only Pokemon I need are the evolved forms of Deino. It's L40, I haven't touched it, and I have no Rare Candies.

If I punt Audinos on Route 12 until the first evo, then have it hold a Lucky Egg, switch it out after every Pokemon in both stadiums, the Game Freak rep and the Elite 4... how many Rare Candies am I going to have to get from Pickup to finish the job?

I'd just Lucky Egg+Audino it. I think there are even level 60 Audino in the Great Chasm.

DMG-01 said:
What's the best route for high level Audino grinding? I need to get my Volcarona up 6 more levels to 70 so he can get Bug Buzz.

Route 13, East of Lacunosa. Make sure only the two top rows of grass are on-screen (that's like 5 tiles) when you go back and forth, so you're less likely to have a random encounter before you reach the shaking spot.

That's actually how I check my IVs since I don't have many Rare Candies. What's cool is that with all that levelling up at once you can fill several rows in a calculator and get accurate results even without reaching a high level. You just have to account for EV gain.

Gravijah said:

How long did it take you? I don't mind spending 10 minutes riding in circles on my bike to get the thing hatched. Also I don't have access to a Pokemon with Magma Armor/Flame Body. Any place ingame where I can catch one?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:

Didn't take me very long, but then again I wasn't really paying attention to it and was more focused on exploring... Now I forget, what Pokemon does that eventually hatch into?

Raxus

DMG-01 said:
Route 11 onwards (sans 17-18) have level 47-50 Audino's. They do not get any higher than that.

Gravijah

Obsessed said:
How long did it take you? I don't mind spending 10 minutes riding in circles on my bike to get the thing hatched. Also I don't have access to a Pokemon with Magma Armor/Flame Body. Any place ingame where I can catch one?

Uhm, about 10-15 minutes of running back and forth. Coincidentally, the egg itself gives you a Pokemon with Magma Armor/Flame Body. :p

Andrex said:
Didn't take me very long, but then again I wasn't really paying attention to it and was more focused on exploring... Now I forget, what Pokemon does that eventually hatch into?

Larvesta.

Achtius

Delio said:
hmm i miss Lv 100 battles i could check ivs better then -_-.

If you don't mind level 50, you can go to the building left of the pokemon center in Nimbasa, have a battle and it'll temporary make your pokemon level 50 :3

Save before and and soft reset to get out.

D-Pad

Andrex said:
Travel with a Pokemon that has the ability Flame Body or Magma Armor.

Hey! If were to say, travel with two Pokemon that each had one of those abilities, would it quarter the hatch time?

EvilMario said:
I didn't draw the original, just something I found. Pretty cool second take on it though! You should sketch out some of the Pokemon people were calling for too, like the Ghost/Steel and Grass/Dragon. Designing your own Pokemon is a great past time.
Yeah, but I ain't that creative. :(

Roto13

Obsessed said:
Some Litwicks have Flame Body. You can catch them in that tower with all the Pokemon graves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom