• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon CEO seemingly confirms NX is a console/handheld hybrid

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Hybrid officially confirmed then.

And of course they will make games for NX, the only question is how soon?

Since Nintendo said even way back then that NX was a family of devices... it really doesn't confirm anything (even though we all know by now that it is).

so does this mean that the 3ds developers have to step up their game in terms of graphics and we will finally get a Pokemon Game in HD Graphics?

Zaventem

It's time

b53e1f4b1265d7d797f01c521b864280d98f7fc300117fce16db1357fddfc027.jpg

Yeah right, expect sun and moon graphics upressed.

ASIS

Huh.. So we did get a piece of NX info today.

Honestly I'm kind of surprised. I expected absolutely nothing today.

Omg that's it. It's pretty much officially confirmed. I'm going to put this on YouTube for other people to see it!

Name it 'SECRET NX LEAKS!!!' and watch the views roll in.

Hybrid is what I want. I can play it on the handheld, play it on the tv and all the games concentrated on one platform. Sounds good.

Oersted

so does this mean that the 3ds developers have to step up their game in terms of graphics and we will finally get a Pokemon Game in HD Graphics?

Most 3DS developers worked on Wii U. Pokemon models have ben made HD ready.

So barely I guess.

It can still be a group of systems, but the first system is a hybrid system.

It plays exactly one type of games only. Thats not really a hybrid.

What if NX turns out to be a device for no one. A really expensive handheld and a really weak home console? That would be a tough sell.

Malus

Since Nintendo said even way back then that NX was a family of devices... it really doesn't confirm anything (even though we all know by now that it is).

The family of devices quote was used to contradict hybrid speculation until the eurogamer report came out.

Anyways, I'm interested in seeing the reaction to this.

KAL2006

Banned
Pokémon eclipZe

Fall 2017

NX exclusive

This would be the 3rd version for Pokemon X/Y and 3rd version of Pokemon Sun/Moon. A compunction of Z and Eclipse. You can catch a plane between the 2 regions.

A family of devices wouldn't change the concept of each individual device.

Odd, I don't believe he said that either... Only the concept of the NX would change both console and handheld... but again, we're splitting hairs since everyone knows it's a hybrid.

georly

Oh good thread is back :)

This is the first time a nintendo official spokesperson has alluded to it lining up with the rumors, correct? I hope this quiets some of the naysayers (what few there are left).

Really looking forward to the reveal and the software lineup they're bringing to this. Wonder how close to launch we'll see a pokemon title, and if it'll be something new or a port/sequel to sun/moon.

The fact that he felt comfortable saying this surely hints the reveal is around the corner, right right right?

Lionheart

Might me my first Pokémon game since Ruby if I can play it on the big screen with a normal controller (and if NX is sub €300). I even played Ruby mostly on the GameCube Gameboy Player. I just don't like playing games on a portable, but I do miss Pokémon.

Cob32

I'm more excited at the prospect of monster hunter on big screen with a controller again more than anything else.

ggx2ac

I can help clarify that.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=215923839

Oh wait never mind I just got the last part you wrote.

Still my link is a good reference for anyone that is wondering what Iwata meant when he said things when merging divisions back then and deciding what to go forward with, with regards to Nintendo's next platform.
(Especially because people were using the articles mentioned in the link to discredit the hybrid rumours.)

Edit: Anyway, this is great news that at least one rumour got confirmed.

If NX gets a mainline Pokemon game that pretty much guarantees it will be more successful than the Wii U. I'm hoping it will support Pokemon Go as well, don't see any reason why it wouldn't?

Question is - over its lifetime will NX sell more than 3DS + Wii U? (that it is replacing)

z0m3le

Banned
what if sony announced a vita replacement tomorrow with a tv out. nintendo couldn't compete with something like that.

You mean like the PSP? No, Sony should wait until they can squeeze PS4 into a handheld and go the Sega route of putting their last console generation into a handheld form factor, sucks for all the disc owners out there, but I suspect discs are on the way out, especially with Sony not supporting the current bluray format for their Pro gaming box.

Top Bottom