• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
In Scraggy's debut episode Axew became it's "brother", so to speak, since they were around the same age and Iris decided it'd be good for Axew to have someone younger than it to look out for. I'm pretty sure that's why they're close and not...romantic feelings. :0

Anyway, I've been catching up on the Best Wishes anime (I left off at the Palpitoad/Stunfisk capture) and I must say, I enjoyed the Pikachu vs. Excadrill Don Battle and how quickly it ended. You hear Best Wishes start up and you're like, "oh shit, Ash is going to win!" and then Excadrill suddenly slams Pikachu with a Focus Blast and boom!, KO'd. It was a pretty cool fight, especially for Best Wishes which has been pretty shitty when it comes to battles compared to Diamond and Pearl.

Now I'm on the cute little Meowth Arc. I wish he would've stayed with them, to be honest. :(

The battles may not be as cinematic as in DP, but the writing is far better and way less stilted. For once, the writers haven't created a Mary Sue type character who wins every battle without even trying and exists only to be a pretentious jerk to the protaganists, and (in my opinion) Trip is the best rival Ash has had in years. Not only does he get honest-to-god character developement, but he also loses as many battles as he wins. I also think that that the Pokémon themselves have better personalities, and I love how they're giving Team Rocket the break they deserve instead of shoehorning them into every episode for teh lulz. Best Wishes is the most consistently good season in years, and that's my two cents.

In Scraggy's debut episode Axew became it's "brother", so to speak, since they were around the same age and Iris decided it'd be good for Axew to have someone younger than it to look out for. I'm pretty sure that's why they're close and not...romantic feelings. :0

Pikachu and Piplup were "brothers". Squirtle and Bulbasaur were "brothers".

This...
QfiCr.png

This is not how a brother looks at a brother.

The battles may not be as cinematic as in DP, but the writing is far better and way less stilted. For once, the writers haven't created a Mary Sue type character who wins every battle without even trying and exists only to be a pretentious jerk to the protaganists, and (in my opinion) Trip is the best rival Ash has had in years. Not only does he get honest-to-god character developement, but he also loses as many battles as he wins. I also think that that the Pokémon themselves have better personalities, and I love how they're giving Team Rocket the break they deserve instead of shoehorning them into every episode for teh lulz. Best Wishes is the most consistently good season in years, and that's my two cents.

I'd agree with this by this point, I think. The Rival Destinies portion has been excellent.

And the rivals are easily the best part of the anime at the moment. Yeah, Trip's done well, but Stephan and Georgia are superb too.

Team Rocket build a motherfucking time machine in an upcoming two parter.

Watch Da Birdie

In gaming news, I saw scans of this Japanese magazine (Famitsu, maybe?) that sort of hinted at a few Black and White 2 stuff, with it possibly hinting at a new region, Gym Leaders, and even new (or at least new to Unova) Pokemon.

According to Serebii, the magazine is just being hypothetical basically (like "will BW2 contain so and so?"), but it could be possible they are hinting at stuff.

In gaming news, I saw scans of this Japanese magazine (Famitsu, maybe?) that sort of hinted at a few Black and White 2 stuff, with it possibly hinting at a new region, Gym Leaders, and even new (or at least new to Unova) Pokemon.

According to Serebii, the magazine is just being hypothetical basically (like "will BW2 contain so and so?"), but it could be possible they are hinting at stuff.

I want a new region so bad. Will import White 2 and go spoiler-free if it has a new region.

Watch Da Birdie

I'm not going to lie, I think it'd be pretty cool if they do introduce actual new Pokemon to the mix. It's never happened before, but if they ever plan on introducing new Pokemon mid-Generation, this would be it.

Not a ton though, but 50 or so new Pokemon, like new starters (dual-types), a few more common Pokemon to fill in the lacking types like Ice and Poison, and maybe evolutions of weak Unova Pokemon would tickle my fancy.

I definitely think a new region is possible, if they continue the N story since he was said to be heading towards one in Black and White.

I'm not going to lie, I think it'd be pretty cool if they do introduce actual new Pokemon to the mix. It's never happened before, but if they ever plan on introducing new Pokemon mid-Generation, this would be it.

Not a ton though, but 50 or so new Pokemon, like new starters (dual-types), a few more common Pokemon to fill in the lacking types like Ice and Poison, and maybe evolutions of weak Unova Pokemon would tickle my fancy.

I definitely think a new region is possible, if they continue the N story since he was said to be heading towards one in Black and White.

If this game contains any new evolutions, it will be a day -3 import for me. I don't believe in much, but I do believe in evolutions.

PS_GUY

I got some juicy news. So according to this post, there's 2 hidden Pokemon that still have not been revealed that will be making an appearance in this summer's Pokemon movie

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=8444

They think one of the hidden Pokemon is Meloetta's other form but have no idea what the other Pokemon is.

I got some juicy news. So according to this post, there's 2 hidden Pokemon that still have not been revealed that will be making an appearance in this summer's Pokemon movie

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=8444

They think one of the hidden Pokemon is Meloetta's other form but have no idea what the other Pokemon is.

I'm guessing Reshiram and Zekrom.

They've hidden Pokémon we already know about behind these sort of things before, these seem only to be based on legendaries, and we saw a brief clip of Reshiram and Zekrom giving their powers to Kyurem.

Where that would leave Meloetta's Pirouette forme, I don't know.

upandaway

Whoo! And look at that sexy release date. So good.

Dunno what's going on with the entire region lock nonsense though. I kinda want a DSi XL but dangit, I don't wanna keep my entire collection NTSC.

Anyway, Conquest IS actually a good game, right?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What? The new Fire Emblem is EU exclusive? :( I've bought each western release on release day with the exception of the 1st GBA one just because I didn't realize how awesome it was.

No it's not. It just hasn't been confirmed for North America yet, but it has for Europe. NoA just needs to stop beating around the bush and announce it already.

Top Bottom