• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

I remember pretty much all Kanto based episodes, sadly this includes the more crappy ones towards the end like that bloody Humungadunga surfing episode.

If by crappy you mean awesome, then I agree.

Awesome is a position reserved for such feats as Magmar getting seismic tossed into a volcano and Primeape delivering brutal beat downs of furious rage.
Not random surfer guy trying to shove some flag in a rock while Ash nearly drowns for the umpteenth time, it's like a pokemon anime running joke.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The May 17th Best Wishes episode title has been revealed.
Ash has his Iccirus City gym battle with Brycen.
Also, the May 3rd episode sounds like Tepig will evolve. Just as that ending spoiled.

So with the 7th Gym Battle already, it makes me wonder how the series will continue after the Unova League. Will we get N and Team Plasma?

The May 17th Best Wishes episode title has been revealed.
Ash has his Iccirus City gym battle with Brycen.
Also, the May 3rd episode sounds like Tepig will evolve. Just as that ending spoiled.

So with the 7th Gym Battle already, it makes me wonder how the series will continue after the Unova League. Will we get N and Team Plasma?

The Team Plasma episode's been delayed for over a year; I doubt we'll ever get it. We know that Ash meets BW2's Poison-type Gym Leader, Homika, in an early June episode, so maybe they'll be on to a new saga by then.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Team Plasma episode's been delayed for over a year; I doubt we'll ever get it. We know that Ash meets BW2's Poison-type Gym Leader, Homika, in an early June episode, so maybe they'll be on to a new saga by then.

I know the original Team Plasma episodes were delayed thanks to the earthquake, and like that Barboach & Whiscash episode we'll probably never get them. I meant a different story involving Team Plasma.

Though BW2 sounds like the logical next step.

OMG Aero

After the Unova league, Celebi/Dialga will send Ash and co back in time to feudal Japan Pokemon land for the Pokemon Conquest adaptation.

That would actually be pretty awesome.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You guys are lucky. I remember tons of little details from episodes all over the show, even ones I've seen once or twice. The other day somehow I recalled the name of the guy who dances with Jessie in Movie 8 whose name was only mentioned on the official Japanese website. :(

I think I've only not seen the last 20 episodes of Diamond and Pearl (I took a break from the anime for awhile, and now I can't find them online) and a few episodes here and there in Johto and Hoenn, but fuck me, I've seen the whole show almost.
--------------------------

They had three 30-minute specials on Pokemon Sunday (basically Smash's prequel series, same idea though) for one for Red and Blue Rescue Team, one for Explorers of Time and Darkness, and one for Explorer of Time.

Ranger is the only spin-off series that regularly gets brought up in the main show, with a movie and multiple specials dedicated to it.

Watch Da Birdie

Pokémon Snap got a few oblique bits of representation in the anime, back in the day.

On that note, NEW SNAP GAME PLEASE.

Snap even popped back up in that Johto three-parter about Articuno, for some reason.

And in Special during the Emerald Arc...:/

Wichu

There were a couple of Ranger episodes, weren't there? I still need to play Ranger 3. It's my favourite spin-off series. TCG doesn't count, it's not a series :(

Pokémon Snap got a few oblique bits of representation in the anime, back in the day.

On that note, NEW SNAP GAME PLEASE.

If they make a new Snap game, it must

A) Be on the 3DS for portable snappin'

B) Include all/most of the currently existing Pokémon

C) Have multiplayer/leaderboards/picture sharing

D) Be waaaaaaay longer than 2 hours

I loved Snap, but these things could make the formula even better.

Watch Da Birdie

There were a couple of Ranger episodes, weren't there? I still need to play Ranger 3. It's my favourite spin-off series. TCG doesn't count, it's not a series :(

Yeah...there was one with Celebi, one with Deoxys, one with Riolu, and one with Heatran, plus Movie 9 and two little 5 minute shorts for the 3rd game.

The Riolu episodes, a two-parter, is probably one of the coolest episodes in the whole series, especially the ending of Part 1 where the bad guy (Hunter J) shoots fire at a bush that Ash hid in and you hear him and Pikachu scream. He survives, of course, but it's a rather violent cliffhanger for the show.

Yeah...there was one with Celebi, one with Deoxys, one with Riolu, and one with Heatran, plus Movie 9 and two little 5 minute shorts for the 3rd game.

The Riolu episodes, a two-parter, is probably one of the coolest episodes in the whole series, especially the ending of Part 1 where the bad guy (Hunter J) shoots fire at a bush that Ash hid in and you hear him and Pikachu scream. He survives, of course, but it's a rather violent cliffhanger for the show.

Wasn't that the one where she tried to crush Ash with rocks, throttle him with her Drapion and throw him out of the airship to his death?

The closest thing to dark the anime has done, without a shadow of a doubt.

Wasn't that the one where she tried to crush Ash with rocks, throttle him with her Drapion and throw him out of the airship to his death?

The closest thing to dark the anime has done, without a shadow of a doubt.

Yeah, J in general was pretty dark and despicable. She was definitely the best part of the otherwise-kind-of-meh Galactic Battle series.

Kokonoe

Banned
Does anyone else miss the colored game carts that appeared before the DS? Red and Blue versions were their respective color, as were Ruby and Sapphire, etc.

They were cool, but I can see why they stopped doing it with the DS games. They're so small and you barely can see the cart while it's in the system anyways...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well Black was... black, as Bulbapedia astutely notes...

Bulbapedia said:
Due to the DS cartridges being black, Pokémon Black is technically the first Pokémon game since Emerald to have its cartridge match the color of the game.

OMG Aero

Let's just hope they actually make new models for the old Pokemon instead of just using polished N64 ones like they have before.

Let's just hope they actually make new models for the old Pokemon instead of just using polished N64 ones like they have before.

pikachu.jpg

piplup.jpg

Not only do these look good, but they make me almost certain that a 3DS game is just around the corner.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
They let you transfer AR captured Pokemon to your BW2 game, so it gives me hope that they'll be able to give us more special abilities and unique moves this way. And the app is going to be dirt cheap if they stick with the Japanese pricing.

Top Bottom