• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Anth0ny

I've finally made it to the final trainer in Poke Cup Master Ball in Stadium 2.

This is the hardest trainer in the history of Pokemon.

He has a maxed out Snorlax and Dragonite, and a stacked team behind them. Combined with the fact that Stadium 2 cheats.

I just had a battle where his Starmie was faster than all three of my Pokemon, used Confuse Ray, it hit every time. And my Pokemon didn't get a SINGLE attack out.

They attacked themselves in confusion every single turn.

I got perfected.

I'm not even angry. That's amazing.

Ultratech

I've finally made it to the final trainer in Poke Cup Master Ball in Stadium 2.

This is the hardest trainer in the history of Pokemon.

He has a maxed out Snorlax and Dragonite, and a stacked team behind them. Combined with the fact that Stadium 2 cheats.

I just had a battle where his Starmie was faster than all three of my Pokemon, used Confuse Ray, it hit every time. And my Pokemon didn't get a SINGLE attack out.

They attacked themselves in confusion every single turn.

I got perfected.

I'm not even angry. That's amazing.

Almost sounds like Battle Tower hax.

Reminds me of the days trying to get Surfing Pikachu in Stadium 1, where you had to use Pikachu in every R2 Prime Cup Master Ball fight.
Also sucks that the final trainer uses a Mew and some other nasty Pokes. That shit was bananas.

I never beat that Mew, pokemon stadium kicked my ass, both games in fact. Though at least I beat the gym leader castle in the first game.
I just remembered when I lost to Brock's Onix because it spammed an inescapable wrap that never missed, both times I got a chance to attack I missed.

You know what was great? that trainer school in Stadium 2, taught so many little things I would never have known otherwise like Stomp dealing double damage to minimize users and twister hitting pokemon using fly for double damage.

I remember making it to Lance in Stadium 2, which was a big deal because you got the Move Relearner after beating him. I lost because I decided to be flashy and end the fight with Lugia's Aeroblast instead of Psychic.

The Aeroblast missed.

:|

Ondore

Almost sounds like Battle Tower hax.

Reminds me of the days trying to get Surfing Pikachu in Stadium 1, where you had to use Pikachu in every R2 Prime Cup Master Ball fight.
Also sucks that the final trainer uses a Mew and some other nasty Pokes. That shit was bananas.

My secret to that fight was Mewtwo.

I remember making it to Lance in Stadium 2, which was a big deal because you got the Move Relearner after beating him. I lost because I decided to be flashy and end the fight with Lugia's Aeroblast instead of Psychic.

The Aeroblast missed.

:|

What kind of Pokemon did Lance have that would beat a legendary?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
They are saving the move tutors for BW2's third version.

This is a joke, but I really think a Black and White 3(D) for the 3Ds is possible.

I still want a 3Ds Ruby and Sapphire though. Such a cool region in need of a graphic bump.

MikeMyers

Restarted Ruby, the game really holds up. Some of the best music in the series, I love Slateport.

I know I said I was going to with a Sceptile team, but I picked Torchic anyway. So far I have Combusken and Kadabara. I'll add Manectrike, Cacturne, Starmie, and Flygon later.

His teams are here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lance#Pok.C3.A9mon_Stadium_2

It's been years since I've even seen a copy of Stadium 2, so I don't remember the exact circumstances. All I remember is that I used Aeroblast, I missed, and lost the following turn.

In the rematch, all of Lances Pokemon have a move that is super effective against Lugia.

Firestorm

So who here will be overnight shipping their BW2 and finishing it in like 48 hours because I will require your services.

Japanese Release Date of BW2: June 23rd, 2012
US Pokemon National Championship: June 30th, 2012
Canadian Pokemon National Championship: July 1st, 2012

Shit's gonna get real.

Firestorm

Don't worry guys we'll just make an ability that gives priority Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray to Pokemon like Thundurus and Sableye.

oops

Heropon

I'm a little frustrated about elemental stones in this generation, dust clouds and Black City aren't reliable (I can buy all the Leaf stones I want, but not the others). I hope they put something like the underground again... Maybe I have to surrender and transfer a Ludicolo from the other games.

Sorry for the rant, hahaha.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Thunder Wave reminds of me pulsations through the atmosphere like radiation and radiowaves. So the latter should be inescapable, since you can also breathe that elemental air in.

Confuse ray should be like Magneto vs Professor Xavier, some Pokémon should be immune due to their protective amor like tissue, if any.

Sagitario

just wanna share this awesome tumblr.

Some of them are really freaking cool.

This one so cute:
tumblr_m2qxdn53yh1rop2v0o1_250.jpg

And
NlKHp.gif
@ Farfetch’d:
tumblr_m2dytfaoxD1rop2v0o1_r1_250.jpg

Ditto is so creepy, though D:

tumblr_m2jag5elzn1rop2v0o1_1280.jpg

Yay, Adventure Time art style!

tumblr_m2qyi8J5l81rop2v0o1_1280.jpg

Yay, Street Fighter IV art style!

tumblr_m2qx6rw1BB1rop2v0o1_1280.jpg

Yay, Goril-

Actually, I have no idea what the **** this is supposed to be. It boggles the mind.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I love that Sawk pic...there's definitely a Throh done in the same style too.

I'd say they're the two coolest Fighting Pokemon in the whole series. The Donamite Tournament solidified that for me.

So who here will be overnight shipping their BW2 and finishing it in like 48 hours because I will require your services.

Japanese Release Date of BW2: June 23rd, 2012
US Pokemon National Championship: June 30th, 2012
Canadian Pokemon National Championship: July 1st, 2012

Shit's gonna get real.

I will definitely try to.

D-Pad

New Green run in 4 minutes

I won't spoil it but shit goes down a few minutes in. It's hilarious.

Man I love first gen.

Them exploits. I take it this had something to do with Oak's Parcel?

Edit - Yeah:
The bug occurs by a set of procedures that involve Oak's Parcel. First, you need to get any item (getting the Potion from the PC or the NPC on Route 1 works for this). After this, work your way to Viridian City and get Oak's Parcel from the shop. Now return back to Route 1. At some point near the end (it doesn't have to be specific where, but you don't want to get into more then 1 random battle before returning to Pallet Town), hit Start to go to the menu. Go to the Item Menu (2nd option) and go to Oak's Parcel. Press Select, then B twice to cancel out of everything. After this, get into a random battle with a wild Pokémon. Generally, you want them to be Level 2, but Level 3 will sometimes work (not all of the time - sometimes it will crash the game). At the start of the battle, go to the Pokémon List and press A to select your current Pokémon. Now exit back and choose to Fight the wild Pokémon. Defeat it and this will trigger the glitch.

Edit2 - And looking even further: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dokokashira_door_glitch

Crazy how some figure this stuff out.

Ultratech

My secret to that fight was Mewtwo.

Yeah, I think my usual lineup for that was generally Mewtwo, Pikachu, and X (X being something along the lines of Zapdos, Articuno, or Venusaur).

New Green run in 4 minutes

I won't spoil it but shit goes down a few minutes in. It's hilarious.

Man I love first gen.

Not too surprising. R/G were a total mess as far as bugs and glitches go.

They fixed a lot of 'em for the US, but still had quite a few poke through.

LOL wow.

Sad stuff like this isn't in newer Pokemans.

The last major glitch I remember was the Surf glitch in the JP D/P. You could do some crazy stuff with that, like getting Shaymin and Darkrai. Also had a good chance to get stuck if you had no idea what to do.
Of course, it got fixed when D/P hit the US.

Chopper

So, is this where we brag about actually collecting them all in Black/White, or have we transcended that in favour of EV/IV badassery and hilarious/perverted gifs?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So, is this where we brag about actually collecting them all in Black/White, or have we transcended that in favour of EV/IV badassery and hilarious/perverted gifs?

None of the above? Most of us just discuss news, maybe with some good (non creepy) fan art thrown in.

So I got the Japanese version of Yellow (my favourite version). I've been thinking about doing a playthrough with a team of my favourite generation 1 Pokemon but one of these Pokemon is unfortunately...Chansey. I don't know why I like her, but I would like to experience the days when she was pretty awesome before the stat split and her evolution completely destroyed her.

Then I remembered she's in the damn Safari Zone and she's an absolute bitch to catch. Does anyone have any advice for actually catching rare Pokemon in the Safari Zone or is it just dumb luck? I really don't want to wait until the Unknown Dungeon...

Top Bottom