• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Id rather we didnt have fan art in the thread it just turns into people posting fan art until nothing is left to discuss but the fan art.

Forkball

Also where the hell is a new Pokemon TCG game? I played the living hell out of the original GBC title. REMEMBER IMAKUNI?

IMAKUNI.png

Izayoi

Banned
Forkball said:
Also where the hell is a new Pokemon TCG game? I played the living hell out of the original GBC title. REMEMBER IMAKUNI?
I loved the TCG game.

Sadly, the new thing on Pokemon.com has likely delayed the possibility of another handheld game.

Roto13

Forkball said:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/15/IMAKUNI.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
There was a sequel we never got because life is unfair.

Real people in games make me uncomfortable.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
There can never be enough Raichus.

Pocketo Monsuta Besuto Wisha 25: Episodes where the human characters have minimal relevance are the best because the animators have to rely on the Pokémon themselves to provide all the messages necessary through methods like animation and tone. Who would have thought?

Minccino and Emolga using Attract on each other was HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH. I need a gif of that.

Ash's Snivy is a fucking boss. I absolutely love her. Superior Gen V starter is superior.

Regulus Tera said:
Ash's Snivy is a fucking boss. I absolutely love her. Serperior Gen V starter is serperior.
I haven't watched the show in practically forever, but have they ever actually specified what gender their Pokemon are? Besides the Pokemon that have gender differences?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Chet Rippo said:
I haven't watched the show in practically forever, but have they ever actually specified what gender their Pokemon are? Besides the Pokemon that have gender differences?
Ash's Snivy was succesfully able to use Attract on Pikachu, I think. We know Pikachu is male.

As a sidenote, I wanna point out that Ash's Oshawott is Psyduck done right.

UltimateIke said:
You're right. Needs more Pikachu.
siIaE.gif
I have been thinking about it ... and despite the fact that I see a good amount of Pika-avas on gaf I'm one of the few members with one that regularly post in these threads :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Regulus Tera said:
Ash's Snivy is a fucking boss. I absolutely love her. Superior Gen V starter is superior.

Snivy is fricking BORING compared to Awesome-awott.

Thankfully she also gets much less screentime. She knows her place.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Oshawott is awesome comic relief, but he cannot win a battle for all it's worth. Fucking idiot.

Maybe he does later in the show, I dunno.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I watched a bunch of videos and I don't like the aesthetic of White. I also think triple battles might be a bit too much for me. I may settle on the elegant simplicity of Soul Silver for my next Pokemon game.

That said, this is awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgQm8hChO6I

Triple battles happen like maybe 4 times total in the game, so that shouldn't be a problem. And if you get Black version, you pretty much never see any.

Andrex said:

I wish Ash would train his other Pokemon instead of focusing only on the Otter :/

I liked him at first ... then I noticed how lil Ash trained his other Pokemon and the otter was getting annoying. Only started liking him again by the end of the Purrloin episode lol!

Dice

Syph Medwes said:
Can't go wrong with that pick.
My brother has that one... and Lugia is better.

The downside is I tire of my tiny screen but don't have the spare cash for an XL.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Winnie the Pimp said:
never played either of these so which one should i go with purely for the story/experience?

HeartGold or Diamond?

Have you played Red/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen? Then HeartGold.

If you want to play Sinnoh, definitely get Platinum instead. It's faster and has more features, and even improves on the story a bit.

Andrex said:
Have you played Red/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen? Then HeartGold.

If you want to play Sinnoh, definitely get Platinum instead. It's faster and has more features, and even improves on the story a bit.

no the only Pokemon game i played so far is Black, so i'm wondering at this point which is the best one to go back to?

Winnie the Pimp said:
no the only Pokemon game i played so far is Black, so i'm wondering at this point which is the best one to go back to?

HG/SS are both user-friendly AND the most feature-rich games in the series at the moment. I'd definitely recommend those first.

Izayoi

Banned
Electivirus said:
HG/SS are both user-friendly AND the most feature-rich games in the series at the moment. I'd definitely recommend those first.
The one thing about HGSS is the horrible level scaling. Except to grind a fair bit.

Platinum is a lot better about that.

Izayoi said:
The one thing about HGSS is the horrible level scaling. Except to grind a fair bit.

Platinum is a lot better about that.

Yeah, grinding is a big pain, made worse by the lack of the Vs Seeker. :(

Dice

But Platinum is from the same set that takes over your precious ability slots with crap moves for world interaction.

Izayoi

Banned
Dice said:
But Platinum is from the same set that takes over your precious ability slots with crap moves for world interaction.
Make two HM slaves, keep them boxed, withdraw when needed. HGSS isn't that much better about it than Platinum is.

Delio

Andrex said:

Thankfully while those two battle it out for who is the lamest. Tepig will be winning battles left and right. Ash knows his Fire powerhouses (Cept for the fluke in Hoenn when all he had was freaking Torkoal -_-)

Top Bottom