• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Direct announced for February 26th, is 5 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKHF

No footage shown? Means it's cross platform with NX as the lead platform so they will wait for the NX reveal. /s

georly

Noooo now you allow Gen I Pokemon transfer :(

Super cool - i wonder how they'll handle abilities. Do all gen 1 have the same ability when transferred? Do they get a random one assigned once they transfer? What about their type/gender? How is that generated?

Also - if it weren't for the sun/moon leak yesterday I don't think you guys would have been *AS* disappointed.

Lucario

Wait, so how is transfer going to work? Isn't the EV/stat calculation system completely different in gen 1?

What happens if I try to transfer a Missingno?

L.O.R.D

tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

Sandfox

So from what they showed it looked like gen 7 to me and it looks like the characters aren't chibi anymore so take from that what you will about the platform its on.

Betty

Banned
At least we know from the sketches Pikachu will likely be in Sun & Moon.

But c'mon, just a hint of the new pokemon or box art or something

emb

I'm pretty curious about how Gen I to VI will work. I'd guess hidden values will be wiped clean. It could mean the battle system has some changes from the original though, or that the rereleases secretly keep track of some extra info.

Magnus

I was hoping they'd at least confirm a detail or two about Sun/Moon. I think it's safe assumption that they're a new gen (new region, story, and 60+ new Pokemon to catch, etc, even if the engine's the same) but wow, no details at all kind of sucks.

So. From what i'm seeing, one of two things are about to happen:

1: There's nothing but a 5 minute long trailer for Z/Gen7

Internet explodes in joy, speculation goes rampant, Nintendo's share price skyrockets.

2: There's nothing but a 5 minute long "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, POKEMON!" Video

The internet explodes in anger, Speculation goes rampant, Nintendo's share price plummets.

Hrm. well, we'll see in 45 minutes, eh?

So.. uhhh.. Both happened?

I guess? ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom