• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go is live on the Google Play Store

Meowtor

Gold Member
I'm so torn, like I want to play now but I want to wait for the official release instead of grabbing the APK. :(

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The amount of candy needed to evolve is crazy how do you get more?

When you get dupes of a Poke find the lower CP version and click on them. Then scroll down and transfer them to the professor.

Basically you turn in the Poke for Candy. Like disenchanting stuff for materials in a RPG.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I'm so torn, like I want to play now but I want to wait for the official release instead of grabbing the APK. :(

Where the apk is? The link in the OP says it's in the trash.

You get 3 candies for catching a Pokémon, even if it's a dupe.
You get 1 candy for sending the Pokémon to the professor.
So Weedle needs 12 candies to evolve, catch 4 Weedles and you can get Kakuna.

Magikarp needs 400 candies. So catch I think ~101 Magikarps to evolve to Gyarados.

Vanillalite

Dat Bulbasaur I just caught doe

screenshot_20160706-1a7j7u.png

Berksy

OK can anyone link me a basics faq cause this game has no tutorial or i was drunk/asleep while reading.

Also started with a bulbasaur i guess that makes me team green?

Covfan

There's a place near me that is a pokestop because it's an American themed diner which has a mini replica of the statue of liberty in it.

I am impressed

So, if you evolve using candies, and you get candies by catching pokemon, how do you evolve your starter if they can't be found in the wild (I assume that's the case)?

Eevees are out there, I've caught one. I am curious as to how the multi-evolve works with them though!

You probably get to pick what you evolve into. I still only have like 12 eevee candies, though, so I can't verify yet.

Vanillalite

So, if you evolve using candies, and you get candies by catching pokemon, how do you evolve your starter if they can't be found in the wild (I assume that's the case)?

Look above.

I caught a Bulbasaur. My starter was a Squirtle.

So the 3 starters are out in the wild. Probably just rare.

Sakujou

Banned
i cant restart the app. app is dead :(
it has a constant loading screen and tells me sometimes that it does not have gps signal. what a bummer :(

Cherubae

You probably get to pick what you evolve into. I still only have like 12 eevee candies, though, so I can't verify yet.

That wasn't the case in the beta. It was possibly random or based on your location. I ended up with two Vaporeons, and there was no choice as to which Evee evolution you wanted.

Vanillalite

If you are on Android and having app issues try these 3 steps

1) Force close the app then reload
2) Reboot your phone then open the app

If that doesn't work

3) Clear app data reload the app and relog

Kyzer

Banned
Yep I started with Charmander and have caught both a Squirtle and another Charmander. Accidentally transfered the new charmander just cuz it wasnt my starter but didnt think to look if it had better moves

MajorMane

So, what's the deal with using the APK before it's live in the US? Bannable by Niantic or not? Saw some people think they were, but others say they weren't.

Lucario

Any benefit to using the incubator with limited uses?

Aside from hatching more than one egg at a time, I'm not seeing one.

None of the microtransactions seem to be worthwhile, except maybe Incense and Lure Modules. Who the hell is going to pay ~$5 for 100 PokeBalls when you can walk down nearly any street in a city and get fifty for free?

Vanillalite

If you are on Android and having app issues try these 3 steps

1) Force close the app then reload
2) Reboot your phone then open the app

If that doesn't work

3) Clear app data reload the app and relog

I can confirm this doesn't work for the people with the "no elements on my map" problem.

Zafir

Where do you get Stardust from then? I guessed the Pokespots but they've only offered me balls so far.

So, what's the deal with using the APK before it's live in the US? Bannable by Niantic or not? Saw some people think they were, but others say they weren't.

I don't see why they would ban for it really... It's not like people are cheating or anything. Not to mention some people will have probably spent cash.
Trying to download the APK sends it to the trash for some reason.
I had to download on my computer and then transfer it to my phone via USB.

Vanillalite

Bamboo 竹;209301543 said:
I can confirm this doesn't work for the people with the "no elements on my map" problem.

It fixed my no gps found problem earlier.

People are posting different errors though without details.

Everyone needs to double check and make sure their GPS shit is still turned on as well.

Noirulus

I still can't download in Canada yet, anyone else?

Also, have any Canadians found another way to play it?

Edit: Forgot to mention, Android.

It fixed my no gps found problem earlier.

People are posting different errors though without details.

Everyone needs to double check and make sure their GPS shit is still turned on as well.

Most of the rumours on the web say this problem is because of Niantic is blocking the GPS service of the countries which doesn't have this game officially released yet.

Kinda sucks if true.

Top Bottom