• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awayze

Neo Member
Yeah your 10km Pokemon is gone forever, I still have yet to receive a 10km egg, ive only hatched 16 but I'm on level 17. Have 9 5km eggs though.

jotun?

I had zero egg luck through the very end. Every rare spawn had to be caught in the wild. The only one I would consider "lucky" of all my catches was Lapras, which was found at a lure. Even then, I was at the location because I knew Lapras spawned there and it was my second day there.

With 3 snorlax, 4 dragonites, a lapras, and all those other rares, I think you're way more lucky than you think you are.

My wife and I are both almost level 25 and between the two of us we've only ever seen 1 snorlax (low level), zero dragonites, zero lapras...

Dishwalla

Banned
Nice!

My Parents are visiting and they started playing so I am tsking them to the Pagoda in a little bit. Hopefully there are people there this early lol

Man there was someone out there at 6 am this morning, I drove past it on a whim(didn't stop though) and all the Pokestops were lured.

Going down there myself in another hour or so.

With 3 snorlax, 4 dragonites, a lapras, and all those other rares, I think you're way more lucky than you think you are.

My wife and I are both almost level 25 and between the two of us we've only ever seen 1 snorlax (low level), zero dragonites, zero lapras...

The simple fact that there are that many (except the Lapras, which I explain) should show it isn't luck. Unless you just have no idea what luck is. I didn't get lucky and catch 120 Dratinis.

L Thammy

The simple fact that there are that many (except the Lapras, which I explain) should show it isn't luck. Unless you just have no idea what luck is. I didn't get lucky and catch 120 Dratinis.

The specified that it was egg luck. So presumably they caught those.

EDIT: Wait, who am I even replying to?

jotun?

dratini nests exist, sure

but there's no reliable way to find snorlax, is there? plus all of them are reasonably high level

Geneijin

What's wrong with "pay to win"? It's their money, so if someone wanted to do that, so what? I'd buy candies like charmander and others that I hardly ever see at all.

And if you ask me, I don't think they should have went with Pokemon specific candy. They would have been better off just making it Pokemon candy and can be used on any Pokemon, or even go by types, like Fire candy, Water candy, Grass candy, etc.

It's far too difficult for a lot of people having it Pokemon family specific.
I can imagine all the Pidgeyd, Weedles, and Caterpies I could evolve. Doubt it will happen because of that. Gotta slow down progression.

Vipu

Banned
What is most up to date moveset list for gym def/att?
I have 2 pics but those might be old and not counting buffs and nerfs.
Just evolved 100% to vaporeon so want to make sure its best possible before i throw dust at it.

Anyone?

KingBroly

Banned
I saw one in the wild just a day after I finally evolved my Nidorina, that was so annoying D:

I'm lucky it was so weak since I'm really low on Poke-Balls. This week's been pretty bad for me, but the last couple of days, I've caught a Golbat, an Electabuzz, a Dragonair (637) and now a Nidoqueen. I did see a Haunter early this morning but I wasn't going to go out and get it.

I also managed to put my Snorlax into a Lv.8 Gym, so it should be safe for a couple of days I think. If the Gym is a Level 6+ here, most people don't go after it.

Azole

Neo Member
Had to restock...

image.jpg

L Thammy

I like when the GPS glitches out, teleports you around, and you get 0.5 km instantly.

It's like Niantic is cheating for me! As opposed to now, where they're just trying really hard to make me cheat.

AdanVC

I like when the GPS glitches out, teleports you around, and you get 0.5 km instantly.

It's like Niantic is cheating for me! As opposed to now, where they're just trying really hard to make me cheat.

Lmao yeah this is cool when it happens. Even though, it's bad abusing of this because you can get soft banned. It happened to me a few days ago. I turned on the phone, opened the app and the character begin running like crazy all over the map, then a pidgey appeared and when I tried to catch it an error sign appeared and when I restarted the app, the pokestops and the gyms dissapeared! The map was empty and I read that if the character runs at certain speed the app automatically bans your account for a few minutes by dissapearing the pokestops and gyms. 30 minutes later or so the stops and gyms appeared again. I was starting to lose my mind I thought I got perma banned or something!

Between the 3 IVs, how would you rank them in term of importance?
If you plan to conquer some gyms, attack probably will be the best with HP second. I don't really think defense needs to play a huge part because if you cna spam your attacks (granted they're fast attacks) you shouldn't really need to defend.

If you're putting a pokemon at a gym, it's HP and Def would be important then, since it's gonna have to be protected from attacks. Perhaps Hp over Def because you want to have a large amount of HP to counteract whatever attacks you.

I'm sure someone will come in with intricate science nerd stuff about it though and prove me wrong, but that's just what I've seen so far from my own gameplay.

deanote666

Got my first 100% IV pokemon! Level 11 shelder! Only seen 7 of the buggers so it will be a bit before it can be evolved and powered up.

I'm level 24.

There seems to be a new bug too. Powering up shortly after evolving. Showing the increase in CP and HP and then reverting. I think it updates later if you close and reopen the app but would recommend avoiding powering up for now.

AdanVC

Guys I need your help. Pretty simple really I just have this two Eevees that I want to evolve.

Here's IV result of Eevee 1:

And this are the IV results of Eevee 2:

My question is wich one should evolve? Because one it says it's on "Pokémon Level 12" and the other is in "Pokémon Level 5" and I simply don't know what that means. Not sure if higher the number, the better, or the opposite : / Thanks!

Replicant

I just did something I never thought I would last night: running around like a madman trying to catch Pokemon. It was embarrassing but at least I got a Dragonite, Chansey, and SlowBro out of it.

MANUELF

Banned
Guys I need your help. Pretty simple really I just have this two Eevees that I want to evolve.

Here's IV result of Eevee 1:

And this are the IV results of Eevee 2:

My question is wich one should evolve? Because one it says it's on "Pokémon Level 12" and the other is in "Pokémon Level 5" and I simply don't know what that means. Not sure if higher the number, the better, or the opposite : / Thanks!
Eevee 1, the difference is not much and if the attacks are trash then you can evolve the other one
Level means how powered is the pokemon, the highest level it is the less powering it needs to reach max and the cheapest is it to max it

zroid

Banned
Oh cool, PokeAssist has a catch chance calculator now :eek:

now you can find out exactly how badly you got screwed over by that Weedle!

AdanVC

Eevee 1, the difference is not much and if the attacks are trash then you can evolve the other one
Level means how powered is the pokemon, the highest level it is the less powering it needs to reach max and the cheapest is it to max it

Thank you so much!! I evolved Eevee 1 and it turned into a Jolteon :( But oh well. Good thing Eevee is pretty common around here so I should get enough candys to evolve the other one in a few days :)

I caught these this morning as a car passenger. Probably the most "rare" pokemon I've caught in such a short period of time.

This is a week old, but I'm pretty proud of it. I've lost 20 pounds since switching to diet soda and started Pokemon Go

Also, did I do the quote image correctly? I wanted to make sure I am using the proper image etiquette.

Took down a gym that had a 1300 vaporeon, 1700 snorlax and a 2200 snorlax

My best Pokemon are 1100-1250

Long fights but I took it down, had to use quite a few hyper potions and several revives

Gotta get those Pokecoins lol

Omzz

Are moves guaranteed to change on evolve or can they stay the same? If so, I'm screwed since my Ponyta has Ember and Fire Blast :|

JavyOO7

Are moves guaranteed to change on evolve or can they stay the same? If so, I'm screwed since my Ponyta has Ember and Fire Blast :|

My Pidgey has tackle and aerial ace. Evolved him to Pidgeotto and now has Steel Wing and Aerial Ace. So so for offense and good for defending gyms. He's 13/15/11.

edit - And for fun, evolved him to Pidgeot and he now has wing attack and hurricane. So movesets vary a bit.

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon/18

Azuran17

Neo Member
Makes sense, it is calling for help!

also if u click on a caught one u can see it try to shake off the mushrooms

EDIT:

also just got best moves and 90%~ for gengar slowbro and exeggutor. twas my second slowbro and executor. (the others have near worst moves). I was scared i'd get a shit gengar after all that candy D: now for that stardust grind ^^b;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom