• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Okay so of all my major gripes I find this to be the most puzzling. What exactly is the point of Lure Modules? Is it to lure rare Pokemon or just Pokemon in general? Because I used a lure at a stop and all that happened for 30 minutes was: Zubat/Zubat/Zubat/Zubat. I could have found those Zubats anywhere in that area and normally do, so what's the point of the lure? It's just puzzling because it's something people can pay actual money for...

It's more of a social aspect than anything, but you can get rare Pokemon through them. They work best when you have 2 or 3 Spots that overlap and different people put a lure on each one. That's where the biggest gatherings of players occur.

wallofshamen8klg.jpg

First Wall of Shame for me, nice
Oh god

nbraun80

Okay so of all my major gripes I find this to be the most puzzling. What exactly is the point of Lure Modules? Is it to lure rare Pokemon or just Pokemon in general? Because I used a lure at a stop and all that happened for 30 minutes was: Zubat/Zubat/Zubat/Zubat. I could have found those Zubats anywhere in that area and normally do, so what's the point of the lure? It's just puzzling because it's something people can pay actual money for...
1. allows you to not have to move to get pokemon if you just wanna chill for awhile. 2. anyone at that pokestop can benefit from the pokemon that spawn. 3. You probably just got unlucky or maybe a bad pokestop, but you can get any pokemon from it.

The Cowboy

Why is Eevee a 10km egg? I see them like everywhere. It should be a 2km.
They may be everywhere for you, but they aren't for all (hell, all i get is Pidgey's and Drowzee's) - plus when the egg hatches you also get some candies meaning you get a vey quick evolution. I hatched an egg with an Eevee 2 days ago, i got enough candies for a evolution right then and got a Jolteon.

This is why the Eevee is in the 10k egg i think, it a very quick way to a fully evolved Pokémon.

It's more of a social aspect than anything, but you can get rare Pokemon through them. They work best when you have 2 or 3 Spots that overlap and different people put a lure on each one. That's where the biggest gatherings of players occur.

But what's the point of being social? You can't trade or battle with other players. I guess if you're into talking to people in person, then that's cool.

JDB

Banned
Went out to catch Pokemon with a friend for a couple of hours. He had some servers issues here and there but was able to instantly log back in every time. Meanwhile I spent over half the time locked out of the servers. How does this happen? It's really fucking annoying.

Chiramii

I've had enough of the server problems now. This is World of Warcraft expansion launch level bad. And it's the f***ing Poké Ball freeze that really aggrevates me.

JoeM86

If these server issues continue for much longer, then the positivity Pokémon GO has generated for the franchise is going to backfire badly.

JoeM86

Only with the casuals. The hardcore will persist and when it's working they'll let their casual friends know it's back up.

Exactly. They need the "casuals" so they can keep them enthralled with the franchise and shift them into the main games.

If they don't resolve it soon, that won't happen.

Pokémon is bordering on being a cultural phenomenon again and that's great for the franchise and Nintendo, but if this isn't sorted soon, that won't happen.

Pachimari

Now I want to catch both a Diglett and Rhyhorn the most. Also Cubone, my favourite, I can't find it anywhere.

Anyway the game just levelled me up to lvl 9 again again, and I got my Lucky Egg this time.

MNC

I wonder if there's a pokemon that literally nobody has yet (That is not legendary)

For instance gyarados? Or any other evolution pokemon that can only be obtained through eggs or some sort?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I wonder if there's a pokemon that literally nobody has yet (That is not legendary)

For instance gyarados? Or any other evolution pokemon that can only be obtained through eggs or some sort?

Nope, people have Gyarados, mainly by evovling Magirkarp

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Logged in after a few days, saw a pokemon, caught pokemon, locked up at pokeball catch animation. Shit gaming company.

Mariolee

Servers holding up in Cali.

Logged in after a few days, saw a pokemon, caught pokemon, locked up at pokeball catch animation. Shit gaming company.

Have you restarted to check if it registered as a catch? The game determines whether you caught the Pokemon the instant the Pokeball hits the Pokemon as far as I understand it.

We were at the town park I was constantly getting connection errors, we gave up in the end and got ice cream!

I think I'm done till its fixed will reinstall then.

BlueTsunami

Servers holding up in Cali.

Have you restarted to check if it registered as a catch? The game determines whether you caught the Pokemon the instant the Pokeball hits the Pokemon as far as I understand it.

Oh I know, it just sucks having to constantly restart. Would be fun to experience how this game plays without all the jank.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
They're going to need a goodwill package at this rate - bunch of free Incenses and Lucky Eggs or something. This is just terrible service now.

Lashley

151 pokemon

All Weedles, Ratata's and Pidgeys

A 2km egg gave me a Pidgey, I'm dreading hatching the other ten, bet these 5km eggs give me a weedle too

:( Seen 21 Pokemon out of 151

BlueTsunami

:( Seen 21 Pokemon out of 151

Pokemon types are tied to regions. Unless you live in NYC where different boroughs have different pokemon, you're left with hitting different parts of your city or going Tina different town entirely. The pokemon distribution in this sucks, along with a lot of other things.

Wollan

Nah, I prefer the paws personally. Makes it a bit more mysterious and not a precise science (otherwise it's just another Ubisoft game).

BlueTsunami

This game was beta tested? That worked out great.

1 month! That's like doing a beta to see if people can connect to the servers and being all, yep, they can connect, RELEASE THE KRAKEN

I'm beginning to think Nintendo invested $68 into this game

Getting the same server issues in the UK. Every time I go out, can't log in.
When I'm sat at home with nothing nearby, I can get in. Major bummer.

Lashley

Pokemon types are tied to regions. Unless you live in NYC where different boroughs have different pokemon, you're left with hitting different parts of your city or going Tina different town entirely. The pokemon distribution in this sucks, along with a lot of other things.

Yeah, it isn't a very good game tbf

Durden77

This all nearby Pokemon showing 3 steps thing is killing me. Out trying to hunt in Decatur right now and I pretty much just walk until a Pokemon shows up because I can't track them.

That might make it almost too easy. I kind of like the challenge of tracking it down. Though, I mostly live on my college campus, so everything is open enough that I can find what I want.

I also would prefer that track system than it just straight up saying the distance. Makes it more exciting. IF IT WOULD WORK.

Chaos17

This all nearby Pokemon showing 3 steps thing is killing me. Out trying to hunt in Decatur right now and I pretty much just walk until a Pokemon shows up because I can't track them.

I also would prefer that track system than it just straight up saying the distance. Makes it more exciting. IF IT WOULD WORK.

I reported it, hope Niantics will see my mail >.>...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom