• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Podge293

went out on a mammoth walk with the dog today and decided to crack some eggs.

had some awful luck. got a sandshrew which was great.

also got 3 goldeen, 2 paras and an oddish... raging and sore. oh so sore

still, on number 90 now, so close to alot of evolutions

375km for a Dragonite......

And 400km for a Gyarados.
I've read some posters here (and many players as well) will drag Magikarp around since he's rare in their area in hope for all the candies. But 400km is no joke :v

But the 1 candy/ 1-2-3km is just an assumption so i cant wait to get more news on this awesome update :D

Too bad ive transfered some rare pokemon like Cubone or Vulpix back then in hope for better CP ones later. Now have to search for them again >__>

Firemind

For the love of god don't use magikarps as your buddy. Gyarados is godawful until they introduce abilities or give it Dragon Dance. Just the other day I beat a Gyarados twice my cp. It had Twister but still.

For the love of god don't use magikarps as your buddy. Gyarados is godawful until they introduce abilities or give it Dragon Dance. Just the other day I beat a Gyarados twice my cp. It had Twister but still.

Hehe i have two of them with bite/dragon pulse with iv at around 90%. They are not strong but not bad imo :D
I like to use them when attacking gyms against slowbro and sometimes dragonite.
Owning 2 Gyarados in your team feels somewhat cool. Love them very much. :D

But yeah, not worth 400km at all lol

Pachimari

Have been out everywhere today, and I give up on finding new Pokemon. If it happens, then it happens. But I probably won't actively look for them. Seems like most of them should come through evolution.

Just sat and trained a gym up several levels then slung one of my pokemon in. I have to say, they really need to do something about that bonus for fighting with a lower level pokemon because it's kind of silly that all my strong pokemon are 'worse' for taking one down or training my own team's up than just smacking the first pokemon in the line about with whatever I have that's lower but type-effective repeatedly until it gets booted (or just forever in the case of training my own team's up)

Then again, I'd argue the whole gym combat system needs replaced because it's rubbish :p

Firemind

how are your strongest pokemon worse for taking down gyms? if anything they're better because they save you precious revives.

snorlax and slowbro are op though. can't train against them with a comparative pokemon unless you're a dodge champion. my gyarados with bite can barely beat a slowbro 300 cp lower than it.

so my 8x 10k eggs hatching happened...

Screenshot_20160904_075037.png

when it started off with 4 eevee in a row you better believe I was scared... but I finally got my Lapras! 2 in fact. that dratini gave me plenty of candy to power my dragonite and I will start his trail to dragonite as normal.

how are your strongest pokemon worse for taking down gyms? if anything they're better because they save you precious revives.

snorlax and slowbro are op though. can't train against them with a comparative pokemon unless you're a dodge champion. my gyarados with bite can barely beat a slowbro 300 cp lower than it.
Because you get considerably more gym prestige if your pokemon is lower CP than the defender (specifically the first defender in the gym.)
I basically got ludicrously more prestige for smacking a (roughly) 1068 golduck with my 892cp Electabuzz (approx 599 gym prestige) compared to my 1197cp Jolteon (approx 221 gym prestige). No revives were required unless I lagged out when dodging psychic as thunder bolt eradicated most of the Golduck's HP fairly easily :p

Firemind

I'm talking about taking down gyms of other factions, not training your own. It's always best to use your strongest to take down gyms.

I'm talking about taking down gyms of other factions, not training your own. It's always best to use your strongest to take down gyms.
Ah! You're right. I didn't realise it was a flat decrease for each pokemon defeated when attacking, unlike training which varies based on the attacker and defender's CP numbers. Good to know :p

Firemind

Yeah, they probably didn't want to apply the same for training your own faction because then getting to lvl. 10 gyms would be a cakewalk.

So I randomly went to Central Park last night (first time playing with a herd of people.). Wow what an experience. Caught 40 new Pokemon including a Kabutops (which my friend and I found by accident), a Hitmonchan, Draitini and Dragonair, and a bunch others. Was way fun.

I miss the herds in my area. One of the top spots around here that would have well over 100 people back in July on any night of the week had a mere 20 or so last Friday. Some of them were newbs too. I'm not surprised though, the hype wave is over and most will burn out shortly after hitting level 20.

One advantage to all this is that I last way longer in the gyms now. Higher level gyms off the beaten track can last a week or more around here.

Durden77

Dragon Con Pokemon Go is insane. Pretty much all of midtown Atlanta is lured. Too bad my GPS doesn't work well indoors.

Blizzard

Banned
Is the sightings tab weird for anyone else today? My girlfriend had the proper order, but everything that was closest to me was showing up in the last slot apparently. I walked onto a Dratini that was in slot #5.

Nearby guide is completely fucked. What's nearby is not really nearby but a few blocks away whereas something that's a few blocks away is actually nearby.

At least it wasn't just me. It's weird it worked for someone else though.

A snorlax appeared in my front yard just now. I've never seen one before.

Did they increase the rare spawn in rural areas or something.

There was an electrbuzz early this morning too

Pachimari

I just saw a freaking Lapras on my radar. Maybe I should have gone for it, but then I would have to leave the bus ans it's raining heavily today and the buses don't come that often on Sundays. Maybe it'll be around the same place tomorrow?

jts

...hate me...
Found a Cloyster (new entry) and hatched a Dratini, that puts me one Dratini away from a Dragonair.

Also collected from 2 gyms. Could have gone for a third but chickened out.

Not a bad day.

KingBroly

Banned
And 400km for a Gyarados.
I've read some posters here (and many players as well) will drag Magikarp around since he's rare in their area in hope for all the candies. But 400km is no joke :v

But the 1 candy/ 1-2-3km is just an assumption so i cant wait to get more news on this awesome update :D

Too bad ive transfered some rare pokemon like Cubone or Vulpix back then in hope for better CP ones later. Now have to search for them again >__>

Just drag the lowest Pokemon in the evolution chain around

Nightbird

A Elektek randomly spawned in my house right when I came home from a convention.

Considering that it was probably there for about two more minutes I was extremely lucky lol

Red Fire

Yesss held 10 gyms at the same time today again! That's the second time. That's the advantage of the hype slowly dying. Since 1 week or so i always get 7+ gyms :D bought extra space for pokemon and items 3 times each without spending a cent. Feels good man!

zroid

Banned
A Elektek randomly spawned in my house right when I came home from a convention.

Considering that it was probably there for about two more minutes I was extremely lucky lol

Trying my damnedest to figure out what an Elektek is but I can't

edit: ohhhh I had no idea that's what an Electabuzz is called in some languages. Cool.

Just hatched a Squirtle!

10/10/10 -_-

ffs

[
YEAb37ml.png

(RIP PokeAdvisor)

I was SO happy when I hatched this Squirtle. I felt like I was being totally rewarded for my patience, which is not my strongest trait. Then I evolved it to Blastoise and it had Water Gun/Ice Beam, which I convinced myself was good enough and powered it from 20 to 26.5. At the time I did no battling and only really cared about aesthetics. I did the same with an 84% hatched Bulbasaur. Razor Leaf/Sludge Bomb is decent enough for defending, but for attacking, I prefer not to have mixed moves. By the time I hatched an 82% Charmander, I had learned how easy it is to find yourself with very little dust, so when it evolved with Ember/Dragon Claw, I sadly had to leave it at 1400 CP.

So I was lucky enough to hatch one of each starter, and extremely lucky with their IVs, but almost completely bricked on their moves. Until they fix the IV bug (if it is a bug), 2K eggs are by far the most valuable to me, but since I don't spend money in this game and don't believe in spending defender coins on consumables, I will forever be drowning in 5K eggs.

Firemind

Too bad Blastoise is the worst of the three starters. :lol

But grats on that Squirtle. Ice Beam is killer to take on those Dragonites.

TIL you can run away from battle and you will still get the prestige reward.

AdanVC

So I randomly went to Central Park last night (first time playing with a herd of people.). Wow what an experience. Caught 40 new Pokemon including a Kabutops (which my friend and I found by accident), a Hitmonchan, Draitini and Dragonair, and a bunch others. Was way fun.

This is the real awesomeness of the game independently of the bugs and the weak ass gym combat :) No other game will able to match that social aspect. I've talked to so many people thanks to this game.

slowly but surely building that snorlax army...

Screenshot_20160904_102705.png

no idea how I'm gonna power them up lol

Trade me one!!! Woah I haven't captured a single damn Snorlax here :( Currently hatching a 10km egg so hoping he can pop out from there at least :(

So does CP matter when i evolve stuff? I got a good Exeggcute its a wonder and all that but its CP is only 207 does that matter?

So does CP matter when i evolve stuff? I got a good Exeggcute its a wonder and all that but its CP is only 207 does that matter?
No.

Oversimplifying this a bit but: CP is just an amalgamation of your stats x your pokemon's level (represented by that filled arc). Your pokemon's level won't change when you evolve it, but the base stats will go up so the CP will increase. Powering up cost is based on your pokemon's level not the form so there's no advantage to doing it before you evolve.

Too bad Blastoise is the worst of the three starters. :lol

But grats on that Squirtle. Ice Beam is killer to take on those Dragonites.

TIL you can run away from battle and you will still get the prestige reward.

Eh. The Blastoise is just there to look pretty. I have better options for everything it could possibly do. It's just another 1900 CP body I can drop off and not miss while it's gone.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
This looks like me. I have pages of Snorlax and I'm too fond of them to transfer even the weakest ones. Meanwhile they're taking up a lot of space in my inventory

Wow. I've never even seen a silhouette in the wild. Thankfully hatched one last week.

sophora

So happy I keep one of every Pokemon I catch just out of my collector's greed haha. I don't mind the distances much. 2km pretty much has become my minimum amount I go when I take walks in my park. Got a bunch of 5km eggs so I'm going to try up it to that if not 3km. It's pretty nice exercise for a few times a week for me. :3

ive caught 28 out of 31. those scanners were so OP when they first started.

Nice. I want to raise this little bad boy as well but only caught one so far..
By the way, does Golduck have any potential?
My area is full of Psyduck so i got a lot of him. And my 5km eggs keep hatching him, so far 3 already. ;_;
I am the chosen Overlord of Duck now ;_;

Firemind

Golduck is one of those Pokemon together with Starmie that's inferior to Slowbro as a defender and to Vaporeon as an attacker, but it can still pull its weight with either Confusion/Psychic/Ice Beam or Water Gun/Hydro Pump.

I would rather save the stardust though.

cHinzo

Nice. I want to raise this little bad boy as well but only caught one so far..
By the way, does Golduck have any potential?
My area is full of Psyduck so i got a lot of him. And my 5km eggs keep hatching him, so far 3 already. ;_;
I am the chosen Overlord of Duck now ;_;

Best water type attacker, due to watergun/hydro pump and great attack stats.

Top Bottom