• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

HardRojo

How are people getting these assloads of Snorlax? Are there actually areas where they spawn more often?

I have yet to see at least its silhouette lol, haven't had any luck with 10 km eggs, or any egg for that matter, all my 5 km hatch commons and my 2 km have yet to reward me with a starter.

You basically have to cast as wide a scan as possible for as long as possible (24/7 ideally) and be ready to drop everything and go get it once you see it (or set up notifications). This is all best done with desktop apps, obviously.

2 months later and finally found my first Grimace Grimer!

TyMytPt.jpg

PVG5DcX.jpg

How are people getting these assloads of Snorlax? Are there actually areas where they spawn more often?

twitter feed and a full tank of gas. snorlax spawns pretty regularly in my area and so does dragonite...you just have to be ready for it. Lapras, however, is like a no show around here, the only two I have were hatched this morning and I've been playing since July 7th.

if I really wanted to, I could have set up shop every night at the Santa Monica pier every day at 2 AM and by now I would have like 20 Lapras and 20 Dragonites, but there's no way I'm gonna do that. I've seen some people that do though, and they are literally at the pier or the long Beach pike here in LA pretty much every night in the middle of the night.

KingBroly

Banned
Me and my brother went Pokemoning in downtown Charlotte tonight before the baseball game, and we bought caught 11 or so Clefairy. It was pretty insane.

I also caught a 1299 Nidoking with my last Poke Ball.

...and then Blanche said it sucked ;_;

New Additions
- Voltorb
- Nidoking
- Machop

Have enough now to evolve into
- Clefable
- Kingler

HardRojo

Where can I look for the best offensive/defensive movesets for all Pokémon? I have that picture that shows the top Pokémon, but I'd like to see some of the Pokémon that aren't quite up there too.

VICI0US

lucky 10k's maybe? I'm level 26 and I've ran into a grand total of 2 wild snorlaxes. a CP 323 which I caught, and one that was almost 1900 which ran away :(

all my 10k eggs have been awful. no snorlax, no lapras, no aerodactyl. meanwhile my wife has hatched 3 snorlaxes

KingBroly

Banned
lucky 10k's maybe? I'm level 26 and I've ran into a grand total of 2 wild snorlaxes. a CP 323 which I caught, and one that was almost 1900 which ran away :(

all my 10k eggs have been awful. no snorlax, no lapras, no aerodactyl. meanwhile my wife has hatched 3 snorlaxes

I have 2 Perfect IV Snorlax. One from an Egg, one in the Wild. The only 2 Snorlax I have.

Where can I look for the best offensive/defensive movesets for all Pokémon? I have that picture that shows the top Pokémon, but I'd like to see some of the Pokémon that aren't quite up there too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hcFo7-UGWx1k1u1BHOvDhq8foPeRr7YbX2jLjjJK0Qw/edit?usp=sharing

It's a bit overwhelming if you don't know what you're looking at, but for what you want, what you want to do is sort by name (column G) and find your pokemon. The information you want is in columns B through E.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk

I have a personal radar set up on my home PC that is scanning spawn points within drivable distance from my house. If something that I want spawns, I get an alert.

Alternatively, people in some cities have set up automatic twitter feeds for rare pokemon so you can get notifications on your phone. For instance, downtown LA: https://twitter.com/PokeDTLA
You can google reddit + pokemon go + your location to see if there is something similar in your area. Of course, you have to less than 15 minutes to drive to the spawns. But please don't look at the phone while your car is moving. No pokemon is worth an accident

AdanVC

New addition today. After weeks of not new pokemon to register!

Raichu. I almost got hit by a car when trying to catch it because the spawn time was about to finish :( and he suuuuuuuucks. 85 CP only :'(

And this pic I took of this bastard before he ran away :(

I have a personal radar set up on my home PC that is scanning spawn points within drivable distance from my house. If something that I want spawns, I get an alert.

Alternatively, people in some cities have set up automatic twitter feeds for rare pokemon so you can get notifications on your phone. For instance, downtown LA: https://twitter.com/PokeDTLA
You can google reddit + pokemon go + your location to see if there is something similar in your area. Of course, you have to less than 15 minutes to drive to the spawns. But please don't look at the phone while your car is moving. No pokemon is worth an accident

yeah we wouldn't need these feeds if there were a better way to get candy. glad the next update may remedy that, it can sometimes get dangerous beca use people are looking at their phones and not driving. when I'm with the group I have people with me and someone is holding my phone

BowieZ

Banned
In the last 5 days I haven't been able to play as much, but of the probably 100 pokestops, 300+ items, I've received about 20 revives/max revives.

Swamped

Banned
I finally reached level 20 lol. Now I'm lining up my evolutions so i can efficiently use my lucky egg! I'm positive I'll have enough time to evolve more than 60 pokemon.

I'll soon have enough coins to purchase something. The only two useful items for me are the lucky egg and the incubator. The way i see it is that they are both good for different goals. The lucky egg for leveling up, and the incubator for hatching more eggs and getting a larger variety of pokemon. So we'll see, not sure what I'll get yet.

Podge293

Finally got a gyarados. It's alright. 88%. Has dragon pulse so that's meh.

Onto Pokemon number 93 now. Ponyta was number 92. I've 2 close to evolving (ryhorn and horsea)

I've 31 Pokemon in the need of evolving. Average candies needed is 46. Gonna be a helluva grind

MANUELF

Banned
Saw my first Charmander last night, of course it escapes after the first shake of a ultra ball + berry combo and fled

Firemind

Got 7 defender bonuses, caught a Squirtle and two Dratinis, hatched Charmander. This morning has been especially good.

jts

...hate me...
A Porygon nearby, the bus stopped for 5 minutes, but I can't go or will have to take another bus in one hour :(

Yrael

Holy shit, I just had the most incredible luck today in Pokemon Go.

I got my fourth 10 km egg yesterday (the first three hatched Electabuzz, Jynx and Scyther), and was putting in the kilometres this afternoon to hatch it. As I reached the 10 km mark and saw the "Oh?", I braced myself for an Eevee or an Onix...but got a Snorlax instead! Woo, stoked!

Not long afterwards, I checked the "Nearby Pokemon" list – and saw another Snorlax!!! I managed to track it down, and caught it in a single Ultra ball throw. o_o It was CP 1813:

WtUWCyv.png

I caught a few other really good Pokemon today too, like the Arcanine up there. Jesus...the highs and lows of this game. I think this one day has just about made up for all the bad luck I’ve had while playing it recently!

The best part was actually being able to help other people to get the wild Snorlax. After I caught it, I spotted a guy hurrying along the street while staring fixedly at his phone. I walked up to him and asked: "Are you playing Pokemon Go, by any chance? Chasing a Snorlax?" He said he was, sounding a bit anxious. I then told him exactly where to go to get it. He looked so happy. :D I really love the teamwork aspect of this game.

For the love of god don't use magikarps as your buddy. Gyarados is godawful until they introduce abilities or give it Dragon Dance. Just the other day I beat a Gyarados twice my cp. It had Twister but still.

She/he's a good offensive pokémon if she/he has Hydropump and a bad defender even with the right moves. Still, her/his high CP helps if you want to occupy higher places in the gym's hierarchy.

Give her/him Bubble and then we can talk about it again.

jts

...hate me...
Missed on a sighted, never caught, Mr. Mime (Pokemon Nearby didn't show it) and then hatched an Aerodactyl.

Pretty good day, but man what could have been...

Nice. I want to raise this little bad boy as well but only caught one so far..
By the way, does Golduck have any potential?
My area is full of Psyduck so i got a lot of him. And my 5km eggs keep hatching him, so far 3 already. ;_;
I am the chosen Overlord of Duck now ;_;

She/he can be a decent defender with confusion/hydropump and a decent offensive pkm with water gun/hydropump.

Hatched a Lapras yesterday, so I was pretty happy. Later that day a Blastoise spawned by a lure just before I walked into a movie and fled after 3 throws - pretty sour about that still.

cHinzo

Woot, this guy was waiting for me at the train station. No crash!

GYkDtqp.jpg

Also missed out on a Porygon, since I was stuck at a lecture. 😫🔫

tauke

So I was casually playing PokeGo after dinner and I saw this large group of people running really fast and I decided to follow them.

Luckily it is worth the trouble for this fellow.

Does that one search thing still work that was posted here before? Tfw I don't have a searching thing anymore and I feel like I'm missing stuff ;-;

Hycran

Banned
Yesterday was crazy for me. My wife wanted to get a few gyms, but as we were driving we found a blue guy had a ton of gyms at level one. We must have gotten about 6 or 7 free gyms. I killed a few more easy ones and boom, easiest 10 spot of my life. Also managed to catch the last abra I need for alakazam. Up to 131 and the breakdown is so easy, 5 level 2 evolutions, 5 starter evolutions and snorlax. If I hatched anything other than staryu I'm sure I would be higher

AdanVC

I just catched a Fearow on the wild! So glad about it since it's one of those pokemon that are just there to fill the pokedex. Now I don't have to worry about evolving Spearow anymore. And I was because for some reason, Spearows are rare as hell around here.

I just catched a Fearow on the wild! So glad about it since it's one of those pokemon that are just there to fill the pokedex. Now I don't have to worry about evolving Spearow anymore. And I was because for some reason, Spearows are rare as hell around here.

Ahh, crazy. Yeah Spearow is super common here. Still haven't seen a damn Magnemite anywhere =/

putermcgee

If you get an appraisal that's on the low end (e.g., "Overall, your Pokemon has room for improvement as far as battling goes."), is it possible to power up enough to change that to a better appraisal? I understand IVs don't change from evolution, so should I just turn such a weak pokemon to candy?

If you get an appraisal that's on the low end (e.g., "Overall, your Pokemon has room for improvement as far as battling goes."), is it possible to power up enough to change that to a better appraisal? I understand IVs don't change from evolution, so should I just turn such a weak pokemon to candy?

Nope, and yep.

8bit

Knows the Score
Walked past a lure in a park earlier, saw and caught my first Nidoking. Thought I would pay the favour back by setting a lure, bam, 15 pidgeys in a row.

Top Bottom